"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Fri May 24, 2019 4:29 pm

Konja7 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:09 am
FlpShimizu wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:27 am Folks saying people should just "deal with It" regarding personal attacks on social media really lack empathy. Being shamed and blamed constantly is never "part of the job". Normalizing this toxic behavior is really dangerous.

Hacking and phishing are surely worse and cause direct harm, but hearing negative stuff about yourself all the time everyday does a number on your head.
Trust me, I know how hearing negative stuff about yourself all the time everyday does a number on your head.

Receiving criticism from anonymous people will always be part of their work in this medium. Unfortunately, insults and attacks are part of that too.

However, anonymity also benefits Geekdom and Ajay at some level, since these aren't real identities. While their real identities aren't compromised, close the computer is still an option.

VegettoEX wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:39 amAnd again again again, much of this is beyond the scope of the conversation here, but we're simply not going to sit here and let "lulz cyberbullying doesn't exist" fly. That's wrong and you're wrong, end of line.
True. Cyberbullying exists. That shouldn't be a debate.
The criticism Geekdom is getting is well deserved, but yes when it turns into attacks then you lose all credibility, and that's even if the one attacking is the one being criticised, so it's best to keep a cool head and critcise where needs criticizing.

Toribotto

Post by Toribotto » Fri May 24, 2019 5:48 pm

https://twitter.com/Eli_bebe_DBZ/status ... 7679850496

From this tweet the person's saying that there's this rumor going around that 2uper will be announced in two weeks and soon after the official Dragon Ball Super twitter account tweets saying that there's going to be a talk show in two weeks on June 8th with the guests - Masako Nozawa, Bin Shimada and the producer Naohiro Hayashida.
https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status ... 2725521408

I'm not expecting them to announce the series there but I feel like they could mention the next DB project considering the producer is going to be there. Even if they did announce the series there or around that time next month, I don't think the series going to air in July.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri May 24, 2019 11:11 pm

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:29 pmThe criticism Geekdom is getting is well deserved, but yes when it turns into attacks then you lose all credibility, and that's even if the one attacking is the one being criticised, so it's best to keep a cool head and critcise where needs criticizing.
I agree no one should ever be harassed and bullied. I'm not sure how the discussion went to cyberbullying because I believe the original point was just about Geekdom not acknowledging that he was wrong. I understand making a prediction but there's a big difference between that and making a definitive claim that it will be announced in early May. He should at least acknowledge it when it didn't come to pass like AnimeAjay. I noticed that Geekdom has been releasing new DB videos which definitely require more effort than a simple tweet addressing it. I don't mind too much since I was hoping there was some miscommunication and we would get another movie instead of a series. There's still hope!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat May 25, 2019 2:31 pm

Skar wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:11 pm I don't mind too much since I was hoping there was some miscommunication and we would get another movie instead of a series. There's still hope!
I personally don't want another movie, because they don't air in my country anyway. I have to wait until the DVD release to watch it, and that's months later so I get spoiled anyway.

Because of this, anime series is something I hope that gets announced next.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat May 25, 2019 3:54 pm

Toribotto wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:48 pm https://twitter.com/Eli_bebe_DBZ/status ... 7679850496

From this tweet the person's saying that there's this rumor going around that 2uper will be announced in two weeks and soon after the official Dragon Ball Super twitter account tweets saying that there's going to be a talk show in two weeks on June 8th with the guests - Masako Nozawa, Bin Shimada and the producer Naohiro Hayashida.

I'm not expecting them to announce the series there but I feel like they could mention the next DB project considering the producer is going to be there. Even if they did announce the series there or around that time next month, I don't think the series going to air in July.
That Hayashida guy was producer on the two recent DB Films if he's there (That means) there's a chance that they could announce that the next DB Project is a film (I Don't believe he has any involvement in any other DB Media other than the films) But I could be wrong The Galactic Patrol Prisoner saga that's currently going on @ the moment could also work as a film

Man if 2uper returns this year I'm Mostly looking forward to the updated character Designs of the gang and new Production staff (wish animators from One Punch Man Season 1 and Mob Psycho would join in on the fun making Super) Hope Toriyama is more involved as a consultant/script Advisor and Naohiro Shintani as Animation Director/Character Designer (That's all I want and the rest of the best animators to return)

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat May 25, 2019 4:32 pm

Toribotto wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:48 pm https://twitter.com/Eli_bebe_DBZ/status ... 7679850496

This actually sounds believable.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat May 25, 2019 4:52 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:06 pm
VegettoEX wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:49 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:39 pm This is the part of cyber bullying where all you have to do is close your computer. Unless you've naively sent out some of your personal info then they really can't hurt you.
is clearly not something you have any knowledge or familiarity with
Of course not. I don't give internet trolls enough info on my personal life for them to harass me with.
VegettoEX wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:49 pm I don't know what else to do other than ask that you please recuse yourself from any further conversation on the matter. You're simply that far off-base here that it's dangerously wrong to even remotely allow someone to parrot.
A little melodramatic, don't you think?

And again, nothing bad is going to happen to Geekdom and Ajay if their info turns out to be incorrect all you. A handful of people are going to call them liars and then get over it.
You are either completely delusional or painfully ignorant. Especially with children, cyber bullying can start with classmates posting mean things about them online. Rumors start, more people add to the fire, etc. you don’t have to be directly involved in a conversation to be cyber bullied. I highly suggest educating yourself in the topic before making an ass out of yourself.

Kouga

Post by Kouga » Sat May 25, 2019 4:54 pm

I think the talkshow has the main purpose of promoting the homevideo release of Broly's movie. An announcement about a new season or a new movie would be promoted in a more resonant way, in my opinion. :think:

I hope i'm wrong!
Dragon Ball, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and DuckTales: no matter how old I get, these three things will always be my greatest passions.
English is not my first language, have mercy! :D

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat May 25, 2019 6:25 pm

Kouga wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:54 pm I think the talkshow has the main purpose of promoting the homevideo release of Broly's movie. An announcement about a new season or a new movie would be promoted in a more resonant way, in my opinion. :think:

I hope i'm wrong!
(as far as I'm concerned) there isn't anything special about the DVD I don't remember people calling out blu-ray features and the last time Bin Shimada and Nozawa appeared together was at jump festa where it was revealed Toriyama was working on something brand new (whether that means it was Dragon Ball Related I'm not sure) but Masako Nozawa said she wanted to be part of Toriyama's new project

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sat May 25, 2019 6:47 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:25 pm
Kouga wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:54 pm I think the talkshow has the main purpose of promoting the homevideo release of Broly's movie. An announcement about a new season or a new movie would be promoted in a more resonant way, in my opinion. :think:

I hope i'm wrong!
(as far as I'm concerned) there isn't anything special about the DVD I don't remember people calling out blu-ray features and the last time Bin Shimada and Nozawa appeared together was at jump festa where it was revealed Toriyama was working on something brand new (whether that means it was Dragon Ball Related I'm not sure) but Masako Nozawa said she wanted to be part of Toriyama's new project
It actually says right there on the tweet that this talk show is an event to promote the movie's dvd/blu-ray release.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat May 25, 2019 6:50 pm

Araki wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:47 pm

I hope i'm wrong!
It actually says right there on the tweet that this talk show is an event to promote the movie's dvd/blu-ray release.
So? that doesn't mean that's ALL they're gonna talk about let's not kid ourselves the interviewer is gonna ask them questions about the future of the Anime

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Sat May 25, 2019 7:32 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Araki wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:47 pm

So? that doesn't mean that's ALL they're gonna talk about let's not kid ourselves the interviewer is gonna ask them questions about the future of the Anime
Even if the interviewer asks them about the anime (they probably won't) nozawa and shimada will probably give them a non answer.

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Sat May 25, 2019 7:35 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:50 pm So? that doesn't mean that's ALL they're gonna talk about let's not kid ourselves the interviewer is gonna ask them questions about the future of the Anime
I doubt it'd be good to have faith in something being announced like this. Given how people have previously responded when asked about 2uper, it'd be likely that they would just say that there are no real comments about anything new being released.
It would be nice if they kept the momentum created by the movie, but it really doesn't feel like this is how they're gonna announce something new.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat May 25, 2019 10:14 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:35 pm I couldn't have said it any better.

If dealing with the social media is apart of your profession and you can't handle or ignore hate post then the job isn't really for you.
That wasn't your original point. You said cyberbullying doesn't exist. It does.

I agree that Ajay and Geekdom don't necessarily fall into that category because of who they are at this point. But cyberbullying isn't an issue one can simply dismiss away in any related context.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun May 26, 2019 12:49 am

Regarding the world tour- would there even be a point to invest in such a large scale event if they didn't have something coming up? I mean, I know games are doing well and they could technically still be riding the hype wave from the movie and DBS that is still being aired in the US and other parts of the world, but it still seems a bit much for something that doesn't need the extra push.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun May 26, 2019 9:51 am

If Toei didn't drop the new series on Goku Day, Jump Festa erc they are not gonna drop it on a talk show.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Alruneia » Sun May 26, 2019 10:15 am

It's exactly this kind of thing I was referring to when I posted
Alruneia wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:01 am I guess the next move is just to push expectations back to early May? And then to late May, and then to early June... Maybe it's better to just wait instead of constantly trying to predict an announcement date and continually getting it wrong.
a month ago. There will always be a next predicted announcement date, there will always be disappointment when that date goes by without anything happening. Is it really not better to just wait and see at this point, instead of getting hyped for guesses and predictions that end up failing? Sure, one (and only one) of them is going to be right in the end, but being stuck in this hype-disappointment cycle until then can't be healthy.
(I do realise that most of you in this thread don't expect the June 8th thing to be an announcement.)
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun May 26, 2019 11:29 am

I hope i'm wrong!
Wouldn't that imply its not DB related?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun May 26, 2019 2:44 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:29 am

I hope i'm wrong!
Wouldn't that imply its not DB related?
Nozawa said she wanted to work on Toriyama’s next work. Saying it as “be a part of” makes it seems as though she, as of then, wouldn’t be a part of it”. Pretty sure she’s more just saying that she’s excited to voice Goku for Toriyama’s next story.

Also, i highly doubt Toriyama would advertise his next work after talking about DBS Broly, dragon ball in general, and the fans of dragon ball.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Tue May 28, 2019 3:58 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/dbs20191/sta ... 3794370560

Whatever the hell that means, seen thsi before