"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:39 am

TheRed259 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:24 am Is this twitter account trusted?
https://twitter.com/iol38uy7yod5or2/sta ... 0488040450

From what I get from Google translate, DragonBall will have another movie in 2020 after the Olympics and then a new series will start on April 2021.
Whoever only has 5 followers so chances are they're just guessing to get more people on board.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Shounen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:09 am

TheRed259 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:24 am Is this twitter account trusted?
https://twitter.com/iol38uy7yod5or2/sta ... 0488040450

From what I get from Google translate, DragonBall will have another movie in 2020 after the Olympics and then a new series will start on April 2021.
It's just speculation.

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Konja7 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:33 am

Shaddy wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:22 am Probably false ideas that being shackled to a manga whose content goes at about a fourth the speed required by an anime will somehow improve it because that was what Z did, as if that didn't make it a boring slog most of the time.

Of course, the difference is that DB's manga released about 1 1/5 times faster than Super's does, and was just better overall than most of what the anime did. There's pretty much no way that trying to stringently follow Toyotaro's manga for no reason wouldn't make the show worse.
Not to mention that Super anime doesn't adapt the Super manga. Both manga and anime of Super are based in ideas and concepts from Toriyama.

Even if Moro arc is an idea of Toriyama. Super would likely adapt this different than the manga.

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:30 am

sintzu wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:07 am
SaiyanTarzan wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:05 pmFirst of all do you even know what cancelled means?
It can also mean something was planned before being scrapped. Ajay and others said it went into pre-production back in October so IF that's true then chances are they had an April air date but something behind the scenes resulted in those plans being cancelled.
Sani007 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:36 am After the last episode of Super, many people here said: "It's just a hiatus because of the new movie." Yeah, of course, then where is it now?

Obviously, they stopped with DB anime production, because now the franchise make enough money without it.
The RF arc was a mess in part due to a one piece movie being in production at the same time so the idea of them stopping the anime to prevent another mess in an already troubled produced show is very likely if not outright true. You've also got to keep in mind that nearly everyone who worked on the show worked on the movie so there'd be no point continuing a show without its main staff members.

No company is OK with making just enough money. If DB airs on TV then the franchise makes a lot more than it does without it. Super hasn't returned for one of two reasons. 1- They figured that bringing it back during the fall or around the Olympics next year will help the franchise more than bringing it back now. 2- Something has gone wrong behind the scenes that's preventing them from getting it off the ground. I personally believe it's a marketing plan but if 2020 is here and we still have nothing then option 2 may be the more likely case.
Honestly i think all of this is a large mistranslation and what they've always been working on is a new movie. Why does it HAVE to be an anime? they could've simply meant a film and I'm betting on it being another film. We know for a fact that Toriyama is working on something and high chance that it's a script for a film either at the end of this year or early next year with a planned anime for 2020.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:43 am

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:30 amHonestly i think all of this is a large mistranslation and what they've always been working on is a new movie.
Broly was announced a year before its release so if we were getting a movie they would've announced it already.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:58 am

It's hilarious how this went from some people being confident about their "sources" that Super 2.0 would have been announced by now and return in July, to no one knowing what the hell is going on. :lol:

Anyway, July is out of question now.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:05 pm

Konja7 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:33 am
Shaddy wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:22 am Probably false ideas that being shackled to a manga whose content goes at about a fourth the speed required by an anime will somehow improve it because that was what Z did, as if that didn't make it a boring slog most of the time.

Of course, the difference is that DB's manga released about 1 1/5 times faster than Super's does, and was just better overall than most of what the anime did. There's pretty much no way that trying to stringently follow Toyotaro's manga for no reason wouldn't make the show worse.
Not to mention that Super anime doesn't adapt the Super manga. Both manga and anime of Super are based in ideas and concepts from Toriyama.

Even if Moro arc is an idea of Toriyama. Super would likely adapt this different than the manga.
It has not been but maybe it will.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:34 pm

I'd be down for another movie

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:55 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:58 amIt's hilarious how this went from some people being confident about their "sources" that Super 2.0 would have been announced by now and return in July, to no one knowing what the hell is going on. :lol:
This proves that even with the best sources, you can't be sure about something happening or not until it's official.

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:20 pm

sintzu wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:43 am
SaiyanTarzan wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:30 amHonestly i think all of this is a large mistranslation and what they've always been working on is a new movie.
Broly was announced a year before its release so if we were getting a movie they would've announced it already.
Assuming it's similar to how the emails between Toriyama and Toei began around March 2017, let's imagine this stuff began around October last year then it's quite possible for them to announce the movie in July. I mean between March and December of 2017 that's 9 months, and 9 months between October and July so it's quite possible for it to be announced by then. This is pure speculation but I'm about 75 percent sure that no anime was ever in production.

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:30 pm

Ya'll can't be mad with Geekdom anymore because he has shown everyone that he has checked his sources and that the " Non " announcement is with the executives.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:44 pm

Geekdom’s update on 2uper: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RScGjOKmZXk

There yall go. For the doubters, believers, and blamers of Geekdom, this is what he has to say about the matter.

As I’ve been saying, the man wasn’t bullshitting us. The man NEVER tries to bullshit us. As he said before, “dont shoot the messenger.”
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Spencer_23
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Spencer_23 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:52 pm

Ssb_goku20 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:30 pm Ya'll can't be mad with Geekdom anymore because he has shown everyone that he has checked his sources and that the " Non " announcement is with the executives.
Lmao I hope you are kidding. His new video proves nothing other than that he was wrong & condescending (as usual) when challenged about it.

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:55 pm

Spencer_23 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:52 pm
Ssb_goku20 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:30 pm Ya'll can't be mad with Geekdom anymore because he has shown everyone that he has checked his sources and that the " Non " announcement is with the executives.
Lmao I hope you are kidding. His new video proves nothing other than that he was wrong & condescending (as usual) when challenged about it.
He literally just showed everyone that his sources were telling him July and all he was doing is telling people what he was told, any changes in plans isn't on him so being rude and mean to him is pointless.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:01 pm

Ssb_goku20 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:55 pm
He literally just showed everyone that his sources were telling him July and all he was doing is telling people what he was told, any changes in plans isn't on him so being rude and mean to him is pointless.
Except again, he asked to be dogged with stuff like 'you will apologize to me in May', which he didn't acknowledged in that video. He also well lied, when he said 'I have never lied', when I posted proof that Geekdom at the very least stretched the truth like him given two different stories about when he heard about Broly.

At the very least, he should have acknowledged that those who doubted him had somewhat of a point like Ajay, instead he went on the offensive.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Spencer_23
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Spencer_23 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:02 pm

He “literally” did not. He showed blacked out names texting him. Other than that it was 8-9 minutes of info readily available to anyone like the voice actor who took back what he said.

He is the one who initiates a lot of the reaction he gets when he constantly is condescending to people who questioned him (and were proven right as the show is obviously not going to air in July nor was it announced when he claimed “we’d be sorry”)

It’s baffling he has fanboys defending this lol

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:03 pm

HeroR wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:01 pm

Except again, he asked to be dogged with stuff like 'you will apologize to me in May', which he didn't acknowledged in that video. He also well lied, when he said 'I have never lied', when I posted proof that Geekdom at the very least stretched the truth like him given two different stories about when he heard about Broly.

At the very least, he should have acknowledged that those who doubted him had somewhat of a point like Ajay, instead he went on the offensive.
He even said he takes his credibility seriously so him taking offense to all his haters makes sense

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:04 pm

He also told that the 30th anniversary BD how good it will be. :roll:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:10 pm

Ssb_goku20 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:03 pm
HeroR wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:01 pm

He even said he takes his credibility seriously so him taking offense to all his haters makes sense
He can take offense all he wants, he was wrong and refused to acknowledged that he was acting like an asshole about his sources with 'you will apologize to me in May'. That and I have caught him lying or, stretching the truth if I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Part of being an adult is learning to say, 'I was wrong, and I'm sorry' like Ajay did here and even saying that his source being wrong wasn't an excuse. Geekdom proves once again the he isn't an adult.

I don't have a problem with Geekdom and Ajay getting stuff wrong because their sources were off. It happens all the time. My problem is with how Geekdom handled the entire thing. Namely, he went into bitch mode and never apologized for it. Heck, he didn't even acknowledged that he did it.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:13 pm

Sani007 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:04 pm He also told that the 30th anniversary BD how good it will be. :roll:
He also stressed that it was a guess and not confirmed. Shouldn’t we be talking about everything Geekdom has said that he has claimed is 100% confirmed? Idk why you guys are still hung up on him getting his guesses wrong just like everyone else did.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"