Couple things I wanna say:
1. Super 2.0 rumours have been going on since October of last year, and every time Toei reaches out, usually in 24 hours, to deny them completely. I don't know much about business and marketing, but why would they do that in such a short amount of time unless something is going on?
2. They were reported to be at the licencing convention too, apparently promoting DBS. Again, David Syatt reached out to deny this in under 24 hours. Was this the old DBS, 2uper or were they really not there at all?
3. Geekdom, Ajay and Yonkou have been talking about a July release since nearly the start of the year (Ajay switched dates a little).
3. If it was just preproduction then why was Ajay's predicted announcement date (May 5th) two months before the air date and why was the second anticipated date even closer to July? Keep in mind, Ajay even went to his sources and asked again and they reconfirmed Goku day.
Something probably happened, because i don't think that they would risk their credibility saying something so huge without definitive proof. Also, if all the rumours and their sources were saying nearly the same thing, there's got to be some truth to that, right?
4. (3.1??) Unless it got turned into Heroes... but as far as i know, there was nothing big about Heroes in July, was there?
3.2. And besides what's up with Ajay' s sources shaking up their dates?
5. Why would over 3 voice actors from all across the globe say that it was coming back, unless it wasn't? Then one of them releases a video denying it the next day... that seemed too quick to not be forced imo.
6. I think we should trust the people saying that none of Super/2uper's staff was pulled over for Stampede. They're just as passionate for One Piece as we are for DB... but if they're finishing a week before the release date, i think that says something...
Just wanted to point out that Ryota Nakamura, who served as series director for Super when the Universal Survival arc began with Tatsuya Nagamine and then was the sole series director when Nagamine was appointed as director for DBS Broly, is an assistant director for the One Piece Stampede movie. And it was rumoured that Ryota Nakamura was going to be series the director for Super 2.0. So it's looking more and more like Super 2.0 just ain't happening or if it is, staff were pulled from the production of it to help with the One Piece Stampede movie.
Especially if this happened.
7. The Toei and Shueisha Dragon Rooms... are they just for the movies, or the show as well? I remember Toriyama saying he won't have to do anything now (lol that guy), so was he talking about 2uper/the manga or the movies? I don't suppose he would mind doing the work for movies with help from Toyotaro, no?
8. I also remember one of the higher-ups saying he won't be doing much with Dragon Ball now... I believe it was someone from DBS: Broly?
Pretty sure a lot of plans changed.
Out of curiosity, what would be considered a sign for 2.0 from a merchandise perspective ?
And why are they talking about a show if Toei is making another Super movie? If people actually believe Geekdom and the others when they say most of the staff got swiped to work on Stampede then wouldn't the remaining staff's priorities be over to the movie instead of a show?
I second these. Although... Eric and the other VAs wouldn't know about the movie as it was only announced recently, and that too on the back of a Blu-ray.