"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 28, 2019 4:24 pm

Are people gonna come here to post random links without providing any substance to the post and mainly without any official word on the matter? Enough is enough right?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue May 28, 2019 4:27 pm

Grimlock wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:24 pm Are people gonna come here to post random links without providing any substance to the post and mainly without any official word on the matter? Enough is enough right?
It's literally the same guy over and over.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue May 28, 2019 4:50 pm

Grimlock wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:24 pm Are people gonna come here to post random links without providing any substance to the post and mainly without any official word on the matter? Enough is enough right?
If we’re really gonna bring up substance or a lack thereof, your post fits in the same boat.

If anything, no matter how BS the links being posted are to you, they still fall under DBS Continuation related stuff and its a DISCUSSION thread. You’re supposed to be discussing about stuff like that. If you dont like what he posted, say you think its BS or something. Just asking rhetorical questions and complaint about content that HAS a right to be in the thread doesn’t serve a real purpose to the thread.

Its not even like this is a real problem. This thread isn’t being flooded with “posts with links without providing substance.”

Just my thought though.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Tue May 28, 2019 7:18 pm

Lol it for discussion, don’t know what you crying about... everyone is posting whatever they see either if it official or something small ass news, sorry if you crying over bullshit I don’t know what to tell you young Man or woman or 2gender which ever you may be.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 28, 2019 9:16 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:27 pmIt's literally the same guy over and over.
I know right, I've already lost the count of these links. A couple of threads before mine regarding Dragon Ball Super Broly movie were locked until an official announcement was made, shouldn't the same happen here? This one amounts to nothing without an official announcement and probably should be locked so to avoid these random links regarding nothing and the user does not even provide something regarding the link posted (and to avoid any other fake stuff that pop up out of nowhere). There has been nothing to discuss other than Youtubers being Youtubers as per usual and people getting mad at them. Toei already denied it for now, let us get over it.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Sykin

Post by Sykin » Fri May 31, 2019 3:13 am

I really hope we see something soon. Super wasn't the best but I still have some pretty fond memories of watching it.

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Fri May 31, 2019 4:35 am

Grimlock wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:16 pm
mfwlegend3 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:27 pmIt's literally the same guy over and over.
I know right, I've already lost the count of these links. A couple of threads before mine regarding Dragon Ball Super Broly movie were locked until an official announcement was made, shouldn't the same happen here? This one amounts to nothing without an official announcement and probably should be locked so to avoid these random links regarding nothing and the user does not even provide something regarding the link posted (and to avoid any other fake stuff that pop up out of nowhere). There has been nothing to discuss other than Youtubers being Youtubers as per usual and people getting mad at them. Toei already denied it for now, let us get over it.
I wholeheartdly agree. Mike (or anyone else) should put a LOCK into this whole bunch of nonsense.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri May 31, 2019 7:29 am

Paulo Gabriel wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:35 am
Grimlock wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:16 pm
I wholeheartdly agree. Mike (or anyone else) should put a LOCK into this whole bunch of nonsense.
I second this. I always admired Kanzenshuu for being a place full of people, who dismissed sunch nonsense without any proofs, maybe the only place on the internet where the facts prevailed over assumptions and speculations.
I don't have anything against us speculating what DLC character there will be next, or how strong the characters are or what movie can come up next. But this topic is a parody on that, with people clinging their hopes to a bunch of guesses and nonsense.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri May 31, 2019 9:34 am

There is legitimate conversation to be had here. It begins with information in the very first post of this thread and subsequent oddities in the language and editing that took place, and it hasn't ended since.

Independent of your opinion on YouTube and its content producers in general, people have shared information from sources they believe to be telling the truth. I can really only speak for Ajay here, but considering the fact that he hasn't even made any videos (nevermind monetized videos) about the subject matter, attempting to pin something like any kind of monetary gain for his very transparent sharing-and-follow-ups is patently absurd. I have no doubt he is acting in good faith, and I think his open follow-ups in the face of everything thrown back at him speaks well to that.

(I should also say that I was not and am not involved in any of his conversations, and cannot independently confirm anything he's said.)

If you see posts that do not live up to the spirit of the community guidelines, please report them. We do look at all reports, whether or not there is any public follow-up on them (and more often than not, there doesn't need to be). Several members in this thread have indeed already had actions taken against their accounts, and we will continue to do so here just as we would anywhere else.

Finally, if you're not interested in the conversation, you can simply not participate in it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri May 31, 2019 11:31 am

The stuff with Ajay ended when Toei denied the supposed sequel. The problem lies when people start posting whatever they find on the Internet. I mean, we can all agree that one of the graceful things about Kanzenshuu is coming here to find some legit stuff to/and discuss about. Up until Toei's statement, it was okay. But now it's pointless, c'mon, take a look at this:
Have you clicked it? It's literally nothing, the post itself and what's in it (and these type were posted multiple times!). Kanzenshuu shouldn't be your blog where you post whatever you want without any context. Hell, it's in the rules, right? We know we can report but I thought it was best to draw his attention so that him and others stop posting random links. The way things were going, I'm pretty sure if I had tweet "Dragon Ball Super will return" and someone finds that out, they would post it here too (I should've tried it, that would be hilarious!). Again, after Toei denied (should have added this to my previous post), there has been nothing left to discuss.

Anyway, pretty sure you all know I mean no disrespect and sorry for being that guy, but I thought it would be necessary before this gets out of control and was becoming kinda embarrassing. We all want to participate in a discussion, where it legit exists.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Fri May 31, 2019 11:41 am

This thread can still serve the purpose of speculation (as it has always have). I don't see why it should be locked. Perhaps a title adjustment, maybe.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Fri May 31, 2019 1:20 pm

Guys only 37 days until 2per officially returns :lol:

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:55 pm

Dragon Ball Super TV series has been canceled more than 1 year ago.
Toei has repeatedly said that it isn't planned to bring it back.
This is the end of the story.

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Fri May 31, 2019 11:05 pm

Sani007 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:55 pm Dragon Ball Super TV series has been canceled more than 1 year ago.
First of all do you even know what cancelled means? It means that something was ended because it was deemed not worth the time and money to keep something going because not much is being returned on investment vs a series having a planned ending, which was what Dragon Ball Super's ending was, they planned to end it there then do the film. Would you say Sopranos was cancelled cuz it ended? Or Breaking Bad?

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Murjin » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:19 am

The further Toyotaro gets in the manga, the better. Hopefully Toei is going to adapt the Moro arc into the DBS anime. I could even see them doing a Broly arc, although i kinda hope they don't. But if Toyotaro gets far enough ahead in the story, the better. Don't forget even if the anime adapts "Broly" and then moves onto the Moro arc, they will most definitely add filler. That alone will buy more time for Toyotaro to always stay ahead. We Dragon Ball fans need to be patient. The anime will be back one day hopefully in the near future. :clap: :clap: :clap:

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:39 am

Super Murjin wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:19 am The further Toyotaro gets in the manga, the better. Hopefully Toei is going to adapt the Moro arc into the DBS anime. I could even see them doing a Broly arc, although i kinda hope they don't. But if Toyotaro gets far enough ahead in the story, the better. Don't forget even if the anime adapts "Broly" and then moves onto the Moro arc, they will most definitely add filler. That alone will buy more time for Toyotaro to always stay ahead. We Dragon Ball fans need to be patient. The anime will be back one day hopefully in the near future. :clap: :clap: :clap:
May I ask what would be inherently good about the manga being ahead?
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:22 am

Probably false ideas that being shackled to a manga whose content goes at about a fourth the speed required by an anime will somehow improve it because that was what Z did, as if that didn't make it a boring slog most of the time.

Of course, the difference is that DB's manga released about 1 1/5 times faster than Super's does, and was just better overall than most of what the anime did. There's pretty much no way that trying to stringently follow Toyotaro's manga for no reason wouldn't make the show worse.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:36 am

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:05 pm
Sani007 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:55 pm Dragon Ball Super TV series has been canceled more than 1 year ago.
First of all do you even know what cancelled means? It means that something was ended because it was deemed not worth the time and money to keep something going because not much is being returned on investment vs a series having a planned ending, which was what Dragon Ball Super's ending was, they planned to end it there then do the film. Would you say Sopranos was cancelled cuz it ended? Or Breaking Bad?
Yeah, they plannet it, but WHY, if everything was so awesome?
After the last episode of Super, many people here said: "It's just a hiatus because of the new movie." Yeah, of course, then where is it now?
In fact, Toei said: if Toriyama didn't want to work on the movie, then they wouldn't have done DBS:Broly.
Obviously, they stopped with DB anime production, because now the franchise make enough money without it.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:07 am

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:05 pmFirst of all do you even know what cancelled means?
It can also mean something was planned before being scrapped. Ajay and others said it went into pre-production back in October so IF that's true then chances are they had an April air date but something behind the scenes resulted in those plans being cancelled.
Sani007 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:36 am After the last episode of Super, many people here said: "It's just a hiatus because of the new movie." Yeah, of course, then where is it now?

Obviously, they stopped with DB anime production, because now the franchise make enough money without it.
The RF arc was a mess in part due to a one piece movie being in production at the same time so the idea of them stopping the anime to prevent another mess in an already troubled produced show is very likely if not outright true. You've also got to keep in mind that nearly everyone who worked on the show worked on the movie so there'd be no point continuing a show without its main staff members.

No company is OK with making just enough money. If DB airs on TV then the franchise makes a lot more than it does without it. Super hasn't returned for one of two reasons. 1- They figured that bringing it back during the fall or around the Olympics next year will help the franchise more than bringing it back now. 2- Something has gone wrong behind the scenes that's preventing them from getting it off the ground. I personally believe it's a marketing plan but if 2020 is here and we still have nothing then option 2 may be the more likely case.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.