"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyaSith
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SaiyaSith » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:49 pm

Oh shit, it's April fool's day in Japan right now... lol

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:49 pm

SaiyaSith wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:49 pm Oh shit, it's April fool's day in Japan right now... lol
At the time of writing this it's not even 3am yet over there, but yes. We can't really trust any "news" about Dragon Ball that pops up between now and Tuesday.
Though... If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. There's still time to throw something together and make prank news.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:04 pm

sangofe wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:47 am
head_cha_la wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:17 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:08 pm

I consider it rather shameful that piccolo has not known the namekians or goku to caulifla in the manga, so a sadala arc would be the perfect opportunity for all those interactions were needed besides broly and kale. :think:
I read that Toriyama to decide all the battles of universe 7 for the anime version, it's just Toyotaro who made different developments for the manga version.

But otherwise I really feel that "Galactic Patrol Prisoner Arc" will be exclusive manga and the anime will start directly the new project. And considering Toyotaro's statement I think that will be the case.
Why do you feel that? It'd be extremely stupid not to use that story imo.
why? the manga skips stories all the time so because Could not the anime do it?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:32 pm

sangofe wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:29 am
emperior wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:46 am

It depends on whether or not the Galactic Prisoner Arc will progress the story or if it will stay a contained story (basically filler).
Even if it's that skipping an entire arc worth of material would not be a smart move financially. I mean, they'd be skipping an already done story, they'd have panels to refer themselves on. It'd make no sense whatsoever to SKIP a storyline!
Not necessarily. They started storyboarding way back in October of 2018. Pretty sure the Galactic Patrol Prisoner Arc started after. So unless Super starts with filler, I doubt they’re gonna be using Toyo’s panels as storyboards.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:34 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:04 pm

I read that Toriyama to decide all the battles of universe 7 for the anime version, it's just Toyotaro who made different developments for the manga version.

But otherwise I really feel that "Galactic Patrol Prisoner Arc" will be exclusive manga and the anime will start directly the new project. And considering Toyotaro's statement I think that will be the case.
Well, not really. The only main story arc the manga has skipped in the Broly arc. You could argue the R.o.F arc too but thats only because Toyo already drew a manga for R.o.F before. So i dont really count that as a skip.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:50 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:34 pm
sangofe wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:47 am Why do you feel that? It'd be extremely stupid not to use that story imo.
Well, not really. The only main story arc the manga has skipped in the Broly arc. You could argue the R.o.F arc too but thats only because Toyo already drew a manga for R.o.F before. So i don't really count that as a skip.
If only he finished that one & it was put into the volumes of the manga. And, never say never when it comes to the manga skipping Broly. He might adapt it at some point. Hell, I'd like to see his adaptation just to see the parts that were cut out of the movie since we're not getting an extended version. I'd argue him also skipping over the ROF arc was also because he realized that it was pointless to do so, since his is a monthly manga serialization & the anime had that covered on top of him making a version of it already. I mean, he sped through adapting Battle of Gods at lightning speed without changing a single thing about how the movie did it outside of omitting things because he recognized that doing a 3rd version is pointless, especially when that plot worked for a movie & the movie was already really good.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:54 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:50 pm
Well, not really. The only main story arc the manga has skipped in the Broly arc. You could argue the R.o.F arc too but thats only because Toyo already drew a manga for R.o.F before. So i don't really count that as a skip.
If only he finished that one & it was put into the volumes of the manga. And, never say never when it comes to the manga skipping Broly. He might adapt it at some point. Hell, I'd like to see his adaptation just to see the parts that were cut out of the movie since we're not getting an extended version. I'd argue him also skipping over the ROF arc was also because he realized that it was pointless to do so, since his is a monthly manga serialization & the anime had that covered on top of him making a version of it already. I mean, he sped through adapting Battle of Gods at lightning speed without changing a single thing about how the movie did it outside of omitting things because he recognized that doing a 3rd version is pointless, especially when that plot worked for a movie & the movie was already really good.
Only way I can see him going back to do Broly is if the DBS anime goes on another break.

head_cha_la
Not-So-Newbie

Post by head_cha_la » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:23 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:08 pm

I consider it rather shameful that piccolo has not known the namekians or goku to caulifla in the manga, so a sadala arc would be the perfect opportunity for all those interactions were needed besides broly and kale. :think:

I can be wrong it's just that everything indicates that this could be the case with Toyotaro's message and especially Toriyama talks about the next project without a word about "Galactic Patrol Prisoner Arc". And also the rumours that Toei and Toriyama have been working on the new project for a long time.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:27 pm

Well, not really. The only main story arc the manga has skipped in the Broly arc. You could argue the R.o.F arc too but thats only because Toyo already drew a manga for R.o.F before. So i dont really count that as a skip.
even as promotional material is incomplete at least with respect to the final battle of frieza and goku

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:19 pm

Can't wait for the end of April and no announcement. Feelsbadman :(

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:01 am

In the last few hours, new information was received about the Bologna event on April 1st regarding the European broadcast of the new Dragon Ball Super series!

▪️ Officially, Toei still keeps the secret about the beginning of the series

▪️ However the Licensors confirm the broadcast for the month of July! With a little extra treat ...

🎙 Simuldub: it seems indeed that European countries, including France and Italy, will enjoy an official Simuldub service for the series!

▪️ The announcement should arrive around the second half of April

Che Which would explain a lot of things about premature contacts with several foreign Licensors by Toei Animation, as we reported in the recent Post published by us in recent weeks and repeated on the Channel a few minutes ago.

‼ ️ In case new information comes out, we will keep you constantly updated as always!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/DBAPIta/photos ... 9784799549

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:09 am

TheRed259 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:01 am
In the last few hours, new information was received about the Bologna event on April 1st regarding the European broadcast of the new Dragon Ball Super series!

▪️ Officially, Toei still keeps the secret about the beginning of the series

▪️ However the Licensors confirm the broadcast for the month of July! With a little extra treat ...

🎙 Simuldub: it seems indeed that European countries, including France and Italy, will enjoy an official Simuldub service for the series!

▪️ The announcement should arrive around the second half of April

Che Which would explain a lot of things about premature contacts with several foreign Licensors by Toei Animation, as we reported in the recent Post published by us in recent weeks and repeated on the Channel a few minutes ago.

‼ ️ In case new information comes out, we will keep you constantly updated as always!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/DBAPIta/photos ... 9784799549
Simdub sounds incredibly exciting!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:20 pm

Nokra wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:19 pm Can't wait for the end of April and no announcement. Feelsbadman :(
With how well Broly did financially and critically I thought they would've taken advantage of that and announced it by now. It'll do good regardless but I think they missed a chance to market it around the time of Broly's hype going down.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:50 pm

sintzu wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:20 pm
Nokra wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:19 pm Can't wait for the end of April and no announcement. Feelsbadman :(
With how well Broly did financially and critically I thought they would've taken advantage of that and announced it by now. It'll do good regardless but I think they missed a chance to market it around the time of Broly's hype going down.
That's not how hype, as far as I can tell. Especially with social media where attention tends to congregate around a topic and then move on to the next- even within the same fandom. A series announcement could actually distract from the movie. People would start talking about the new anime and they needed the excitement for Broly to stick around until they were done with the screenings world wide. Now that it's finally dying down (and I'm certain they know people are eagerly awaiting for the announcement) they are sure people will focus on the series alone.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:51 pm

It's good to see that Italy is becoming so important xD.
Let's wait until the end of this month. Fingers crossed :D

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:25 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:01 amSimuldub: it seems indeed that European countries, including France and Italy, will enjoy an official Simuldub service for the series!
That's...honestly fascinating. If that's true, then I'm shocked. I never would have figured Toei to be the type of company to go for something like a SimulDub. I'm genuinely curious now if FUNi will be doing the same for their dub... :think:
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:05 pm

I think if dbs returns it should be primarily slice of life and comedy/gags like original db was and less about repeated animation frames fighting that was dbz

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:07 pm

I think if dbs returns it should be primarily slice of life and comedy/gags like original db with real martial arts technique and less about repeated animation frames fighting that was dbz

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:51 pm

Michsi wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:50 pm
sintzu wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:20 pm
That's not how hype, as far as I can tell. Especially with social media where attention tends to congregate around a topic and then move on to the next- even within the same fandom. A series announcement could actually distract from the movie. People would start talking about the new anime and they needed the excitement for Broly to stick around until they were done with the screenings world wide. Now that it's finally dying down (and I'm certain they know people are eagerly awaiting for the announcement) they are sure people will focus on the series alone.
Yeah, they haven't even released Broly on home media yet, so it makes sense to wait at least a little while longer and then make the announcement around the same time.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:06 pm

PremiumSalt wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:25 pm
TheRed259 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:01 amSimuldub: it seems indeed that European countries, including France and Italy, will enjoy an official Simuldub service for the series!
That's...honestly fascinating. If that's true, then I'm shocked. I never would have figured Toei to be the type of company to go for something like a SimulDub. I'm genuinely curious now if FUNi will be doing the same for their dub... :think:
Funi might wait until the TOP ends to continue the dub which will be in October. That will give Japan around 4 months worth of episodes (15-16) head start but it'll be better than before which was 60+.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.