"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noitsnothim
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu May 23, 2019 2:21 am

Not to sound like a Douche but those who keep Pestering Ajay & Geekdom need to realize you guys are making them feel like shit during their harsh periods in life right now

Super not being announced isn't the freaken end of the world (If it's taking longer that means the quality of the anime will continue to improve) Please be patient and stop acting up just because they both gave out months not dates but nothing happened HOWEVER we kinda do have confirmation something is coming

as I continue to say (Both here & on my twitter) Comic Con is our best bet for a glimpse or teaser since last year when the DB tour went they revealed the movie trailer for 'Broly' but in no way should you guys keep bothering Ajay & Geekdom it isn't their fault they never gave exact dates just what they were told

It's coming I can feel it (Something Super is coming)

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu May 23, 2019 5:22 am

I gotta agree, seems awfully harsh for what appears to have been just an honest mistake.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Thu May 23, 2019 6:52 am

The internet allows people to be destructively critical and outright mean with little to no consequences. That applies to Dragon Ball and everything else. We have failed as a society long ago.

That said, people are frustrated with the lack of Super and some react better than others.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 23, 2019 10:08 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:21 am Not to sound like a Douche but those who keep Pestering Ajay & Geekdom need to realize you guys are making them feel like shit during their harsh periods in life right now
Wait, what? They're both going through harsh periods in life right now? I guess it isn't unbelievable but Cyberbullying doesn't exist. Especially when the people "making them feel like shit" only consist of 4 guys in one Kanzenshuu thread and a handful of youtube and twitter post that are either barraged until they're deleted or buried.
Last edited by IntangibleFancy on Thu May 23, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 23, 2019 10:17 am

Michsi wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:22 amI gotta agree, seems awfully harsh for what appears to have been just an honest mistake.
Conversely, it seems to be awfully terrible to be so pompous and adamantly say "you all gonna be apologizing me in May" among other things that was said. It's one thing you predict/expect/hope/speculate something and turn to be wrong, all in good faith, this is an honest mistake. But it's another thing entirely you present something as if it was a fact and that "fact" doesn't happen. So you see, it's how you behave, how you present something.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Thu May 23, 2019 10:28 am

I think some of the reactions here are a bit disproportionate, we received some supposed leaks, turns out they weren´t accurate, yeah, but that can be due to hundreds of reasons, and only 1 of those reasons is because they wanted to purposely confuse us; it probably wasn´t that, and one of them even apologized, so I don´t get the overreaction.

And I´m as much a fan of the franchise as you can get, but that doesn´t mean I´m going to go apeshit on people over their supposed "fake hype" creation. It´s fine to discuss things, but I see some people are taking it too personally.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 23, 2019 10:45 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:08 am but Cyberbullying doesn't exist.
This is false crazy talk. People absolutely abuse their status and numbers to harass online. "lulz close the computer" doesn't work in an era where every aspect of our personal, private, social, professional, etc. lives exist and are intrinsically mixed online.
Grimlock wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:17 am Conversely, it seems to be awfully terrible to be so pompous and adamantly say "you all gonna be apologizing me in May" among other things that was said. It's one thing you predict/expect/hope/speculate something and turn to be wrong, all in good faith, this is an honest mistake. But it's another thing entirely you present something as if it was a fact and that "fact" doesn't happen. So you see, it's how you behave, how you present something.
For the most part, this continues to be the logical take. I'm not sure how there's really any continued roundabout repeated conversation necessary beyond this. Your information ultimately speaks for itself, your continued presentation speaks for itself, and combined, well, that's you, particularly when there are patterns.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 23, 2019 11:03 am

VegettoEX wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:45 am "lulz close the computer" doesn't work in an era where every aspect of our personal, private, social, professional, etc. lives exist and are intrinsically mixed online.
Is it really that hard to hide your personal lives nowadays?

On a related note: In this specific situation, I doubt anyone is going to get hurt. The people angry about this don't have any "power and fame" and Geekdom and Ajay wouldn't use theirs just because their detractors think they're lying.
Last edited by IntangibleFancy on Thu May 23, 2019 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:06 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:03 amIs it really that hard to hide your personal lives nowadays?
Yes--believe it or not--it is. That's what's terrifying about it. People are now able to easily breach into information as it pertains to your personal life and publish it on the web for something as trivial and petty as simply not agreeing with what ever your opinions are on a certain matter.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Thu May 23, 2019 11:18 am

Grain of salt obviously but this is an account people talked about so..

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:23 am

So, Toei doesn't lied about it. Dragon Ball as TV series is really dead.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu May 23, 2019 11:27 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:08 am Wait, what? They're both going through harsh periods in life right now? I guess it isn't unbelievable but Cyberbullying doesn't exist. Especially when the people "making them feel like shit" only consist of 4 guys in one Kanzenshuu thread and a handful of youtube and twitter post that are either barraged until they're deleted or buried.
I don't mean to be rude, but how long have you been on the internet? Cyberbullying is one of the consequences of the modern age of the internet, digital media, and technology. Without the shadow of a doubt, it exists.

Have you ever heard of the iGen, otherwise known as post-Millenials or Gen Z? Are you aware of how different they communicate compared to previous generations? Are you even aware of how most ppl communicate nowadays? If kids used to verbally bully each other back then for petty reasons, think of what they can do with a smartphone and a social media account in their hands. Think about what ppl could be saying behind your backs on the internet, and how strangers will immediately perceive you without knowing you prior. You might not care about your reputation, but for many ppl it's not just a vain trait - it could very well cost them future opportunities or ruin their careers.

People like Ajay and Geekdom don't necessary fall into such a generation but they might as well be when they have such a huge social media presence among the DB community, with friends and connections alike. Their happiness and success will be correlated with how well their social media does in a positive manner.
mfwlegend3 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:06 am
IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:03 amIs it really that hard to hide your personal lives nowadays?
Yes--believe it or not--it is. That's what's terrifying about it. People are now able to easily breach into information as it pertains to your personal life and publish it on the web for something as trivial and petty as simply not agreeing with what ever your opinions are on a certain matter.
It really depends. But in general, applying for jobs, buying stuff, filling out forms online, etc will force you to input personal, private information. And if there's ever a data breach on those databases, then your information is already compromised and what shady entities could have bought it at a reasonable price.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 23, 2019 11:59 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:18 am Image

Here's a link to the thread.

https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/status/1 ... 76992?s=09

This account is the one I know the least about between the three.

One Toei project I am aware of that's been in limbo for much longer than 2uper that wasn't mentioned lately; the two Sailor Moon Crystal movies Toei announced forever ago. They were planning to make seasons 4 & 5 movies instead of series, but that was what feels like years ago and they haven't said anything since.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu May 23, 2019 12:22 pm

Chuquita wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:59 am

One Toei project I am aware of that's been in limbo for much longer than 2uper that wasn't mentioned lately; the two Sailor Moon Crystal movies Toei announced forever ago. They were planning to make seasons 4 & 5 movies instead of series, but that was what feels like years ago and they haven't said anything since.
This is fake 100% don't follow anything that has to do with Anime-JP, it very much is going be delay sometime in July all because of this https://twitter.com/dbs20191/status/113 ... 8627203802 I got this from someone in discord, apparently told me that what I link say stuff before Geek/Ajay does, whoever that Anime-JP is probably some youtuber creator getting attention to lure the bait.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Thu May 23, 2019 12:31 pm

this dbs20191 also said the 26th of april and we saw how that turned out.

They all have the same excuse "its up in the air, i'm talking to people, things might have changed". Outside of ajay, not a single one of these people just accepts they were wrong and instead just doubles down

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 23, 2019 12:34 pm

I think at this point the best thing we can do is wait for Toei to announce and air it when they're ready. Trying to find "leaks" and "sources" is just going to lead to disappointment as no one seems to truly know what's going on besides the higher ups at Toei.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 23, 2019 12:37 pm

vashter wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:22 pm
Chuquita wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:59 am

This is fake 100% don't follow anything that has to do with Anime-JP, it very much is going be delay sometime in July all because of this https://twitter.com/dbs20191/status/113 ... 8627203802 I got this from someone in discord, apparently told me that what I link say stuff before Geek/Ajay does, whoever that Anime-JP is probably some youtuber creator getting attention to lure the bait.

Many thanks! I hadn't heard much about them so I didn't know how reliable they were.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 23, 2019 12:39 pm

Rakurai wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:27 am
IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:08 am Wait, what? They're both going through harsh periods in life right now? I guess it isn't unbelievable but Cyberbullying doesn't exist. Especially when the people "making them feel like shit" only consist of 4 guys in one Kanzenshuu thread and a handful of youtube and twitter post that are either barraged until they're deleted or buried.
If kids used to verbally bully each other back then for petty reasons, think of what they can do with a smartphone and a social media account in their hands. Think about what ppl could be saying behind your backs on the internet, and how strangers will immediately perceive you without knowing you prior. You might not care about your reputation, but for many ppl it's not just a vain trait - it could very well cost them future opportunities or ruin their careers.
This is the part of cyber bullying where all you have to do is close your computer. Unless you've naively sent out some of your personal info then they really can't hurt you.

I feel stupid for almost believing that twitter account had any truth to it.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Thu May 23, 2019 12:49 pm

I didnt know both Ajay and Geekdom were going through some harsh times, Ajay was already good in my book because he already apologized, I just wanted Geekdom to acknowledge the situation but i guess he has bigger problems to worry about, I just hope is nothing too serious.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 23, 2019 12:49 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:39 pm This is the part of cyber bullying where all you have to do is close your computer. Unless you've naively sent out some of your personal info then they really can't hurt you.
The naivety is with you here. The level of personal harassment possible through and breaking out of digital means is beyond the scope of this conversation, is clearly not something you have any knowledge or familiarity with, and I don't know what else to do other than ask that you please recuse yourself from any further conversation on the matter. You're simply that far off-base here that it's dangerously wrong to even remotely allow someone to parrot.

(For what it's worth, where I was going with the harassment conversation wasn't even with the "regular fans" taking "influencers" to task for their information, but rather the opposite direction.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::