"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue May 07, 2019 8:43 am

emperior wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:27 am https://dragonball.news/59campaign/

That’s some seriously good Shintani art in there. I have cleaned the close-ups and posted the new art for Goku Day by Naohiro Shintani in this album: https://m.imgur.com/a/Z1jcu6h (I suggest using the app to see these pics).
That SSJB Goku art just threw me back to the Freeza arc, oh my lawd. I love it.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue May 07, 2019 8:50 am

Derf wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:03 pm So take this with a ginormous amount of grains of salt, but Saikyo Devin - who, I will give the absolute bare amount of credit to, isn't the absolute least reputable of the French DBtubers, is claiming that Masako Nozawa won't be returning for 2uper:
ÉNORME Info Dragon Ball Super : Masako Nozawa la Voix de Goku va prendre sa RETRAITE !

⤵️⤵️⤵️
(link: https://youtu.be/6xc6Q3dey8k) youtu.be/6xc6Q3dey8k
(link: https://youtu.be/6xc6Q3dey8k) youtu.be/6xc6Q3dey8k
⤴️⤴️⤴️

Pour me Soutenir Gratuitement :
▶️ (link: https://utip.io/saikyodevin) utip.io/saikyodevin
https://twitter.com/SaikyoDevin/status/ ... 0797623297

I don't think I believe it, but there you go.
This sounds weird because she has always said he wants to voice Goku forever, and I always thought she was going to do it until she eventually dies. Although it’s possible that she has to stop prematurely if her health doesn’t allow her to voice Goku anymore, and replacing her at the beginning of a new show would probably be the best time to do so.
Especially if said show is one which I believe will be running for many years.

I don’t believe this much because she is still working on Kitaro, and because we recently saw a video of her which shows she’s still in very good shape. And I doubt anyone would try to force her into a premature retirement, even though the rumor is that they already wanted to replace her back for Battle of Gods (but Toriyama said no).
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed May 08, 2019 9:45 am

Doesn't Goku day technically begin 10 hours from now?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Wed May 08, 2019 10:45 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:45 am Doesn't Goku day technically begin 10 hours from now?
That's right, around late tonight it'll be morning in Japan for Goku Day, now I'm not one of the people saying that there's definitely going to be an announcement of a Super 2.0 but if nothing gets announced, the last time in this month for a possible announcement is in this month's V-Jump. That's the last time in this month for a "possible" announcement, but anyways that's about it we'll see.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed May 08, 2019 11:00 am

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:45 am
IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:45 am Doesn't Goku day technically begin 10 hours from now?
That's right, around late tonight it'll be morning in Japan for Goku Day.
It's Piccolo day.

If it doesn't get announced sometime this month then maybe something behind the scenes changed and it won't be aired this July.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed May 08, 2019 11:00 am

It just became Goku Day in Japan this minute if we start counting at midnight. Not that I would expect anything to appear the instant the clock ticked over.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed May 08, 2019 11:08 am

sintzu wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:00 am
It's Piccolo day.

If it doesn't get announced sometime this month then maybe something behind the scenes changed and it won't be aired this July.
I've never seen anyone talk about June. Why is that?

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Wed May 08, 2019 11:15 am

sintzu wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:00 am
It's Piccolo day.

I mean Geekdom keeps stressing July is definitely when it's coming and he hasn't mentioned any changes behind the scenes from his sources, I would've thought he would mention that.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed May 08, 2019 11:30 am

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:15 amI mean Geekdom keeps stressing July is definitely when it's coming and he hasn't mentioned any changes behind the scenes from his sources, I would've thought he would mention that.
I believe that's what was told to him. I'm just saying if nothing's announced this month then maybe there was a last minute change that Geekdom or his sources weren't told about.
IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:08 amI've never seen anyone talk about June. Why is that?
If it's going to air in July then June is too late to market it. June would make sense if it was going to air in October.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Wed May 08, 2019 11:41 am

sintzu wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:30 am
SaiyanTarzan wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:15 amI mean Geekdom keeps stressing July is definitely when it's coming and he hasn't mentioned any changes behind the scenes from his sources, I would've thought he would mention that.
I believe that's what was told to him. I'm just saying if nothing's announced this month then maybe there was a last minute change that Geekdom or his sources weren't told about.
IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:08 amI've never seen anyone talk about June. Why is that?
If it's going to air in July then June is too late to market it. June would make sense if it was going to air in October.
But what if there were never any changes and it was always going to be a Fall release?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed May 08, 2019 1:27 pm

It's May 9th in Japan! HYPE for news. I can feel it...

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed May 08, 2019 3:31 pm

A day has 24hs by the way (and it's early morning in Japan right now), the news could drop sometime in the morning of May 9th in the west.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

louisascommie
Beyond Newbie

Post by louisascommie » Wed May 08, 2019 4:54 pm

the latest an announcment would come is 11 pm in Japan

aka 15 hours from now

aka 10 am eastern standard time tommorow for me

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed May 08, 2019 5:24 pm

louisascommie wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:54 pm the latest an announcment would come is 11 pm in Japan
Why so late?

Edit: It's 8 AM now.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Wed May 08, 2019 10:08 pm

Ugh, I'm definitely not a fan of those Goku's in that poster. They all (to me) look like poor attempts of fan art from the Namek Saga. I'm sure others will enjoy them and all but they just don't do it for me.

Curious to see if anything will be announced later today though!

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed May 08, 2019 11:32 pm

The day isn't over yet.

What's Ajay's word on this? Is he going to talk to the animators again?

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:33 am

I'm getting nervous!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu May 09, 2019 12:41 am

As I've mentioned before, lately they give us teasers when something big is about to be announced. Maybe that wouldn't be necessary since it's Goku day (Piccolo day) so people are already paying attention, but it is concerning we haven't gotten any hints until now.

Another possibility is that they are waiting for U.S. time zone since lately they've been trying to sync announcements with western fans as well.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Thu May 09, 2019 12:44 am

Michsi wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:41 am As I've mentioned before, lately they give us teasers when something big is about to be announced. Maybe that wouldn't be necessary since it's Goku day (Piccolo day) so people are already paying attention, but it is concerning we haven't gotten any hints until now.

Another possibility is that they are waiting for U.S. time zone since lately they've been trying to sync announcements with western fans as well.
I mean, they did tease that something was going to happen on the SDBH stream, not that it's terribly likely that they'd announce it there of all places.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 09, 2019 12:45 am

Maybe they're trying to sync with the U.S. west coast? It's still only 9:45pm there.

Though knowing my luck it'll be announced either right after I fall asleep or two hours before I wake up.
Last edited by Chuquita on Thu May 09, 2019 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!