"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:05 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:26 am Who cares about movies? Movies are stupid. I’d much rather have the show continue, like any sane person would. Dragon Ball is an “Anime Show”. Not a series of ”Movies”.
Anyone who has stock in the company cares as Broly made over 120 million at the box office. If we are going to look at what DB is, it's a manga, not an anime or movies. By that logic there should not be a show as well.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:30 am

Who cares about movies? Have you seen Broly's success? There's no better answer.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:44 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:26 am Who cares about movies? I’d much rather have the show continue, like any sane person would. Dragon Ball is an “Anime Show”. Not a series of ”Movies”.
I agree with that! :clap: A movie should be just an extra for the main story not the only production.
sintzu wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:05 am Anyone who has stock in the company cares as Broly made over 120 million at the box office.
Because of Broly and because they dropped TV series.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:19 am

I think it’s safe to say Super Anime isn’t happening this year guys! Sorry, but we were clearly mislead in order for certain YouTubers to gain fame/hits/likes etc!. Let’s hope they announce something next year for 2021!!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:58 am

MagmonKai wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:19 am I think it’s safe to say Super Anime isn’t happening this year guys! Sorry, but we were clearly mislead in order for certain YouTubers to gain fame/hits/likes etc!. Let’s hope they announce something next year for 2021!!
And what makes you think it can't air this fall?

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:26 am

Yaaay, another movie that won't release in my country :yawn: :yawn:
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:24 am

They're making a movie but Ajay and Geekdom said something series-related was going to happen this year. If they're busy on the movie then why are they going to make a new series just for it to go back on hiatus for the movie?

I also heard they've been working on this series for a while now but the Broly movie producer said they've got nothing planned yet. That means They aren't animating, there's no budget, there's no time slot for television, and TOEI hasn't been paid or given the order for episodes.

And one more thing, Ajay and Geekdom frequently speak with the animators, yes? How come none of them knew about the movie? There's over 15 sources between the two of them, right? How come there wasn't one single leak?

I'm at a lost.
Last edited by IntangibleFancy on Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:33 am

MagmonKai wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:19 am I think it’s safe to say Super Anime isn’t happening this year guys! Sorry, but we were clearly mislead in order for certain YouTubers to gain fame/hits/likes etc!. Let’s hope they announce something next year for 2021!!
If you’re still saying ignorant things like that then I'm guessing you haven’t been following the thread a lot right?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:41 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:24 am They're making a movie but Ajay and Geekdom said something series-related was going to happen this year. If they're busy on the movie then why are they going to make a new series just for it to go back on hiatus for the movie?

I also heard they've been working on this series for a while now but the Broly movie producer said they've got nothing planned yet. That means They aren't animating, there's no budget, there's no time slot for television, and TOEI hasn't been paid or given the order for episodes.

And one more thing, Ajay and Geekdom frequently speak with the animators, yes? How come none of them knew about the movie? There's over 15 sources between the two of them, right? How come there wasn't one single leak?

Assuming Toei is lying everytime something comes up is beginning to get old
Why would the animators have known about the movie? Key animation is one of the last things to come compared to writing and storyboarding. And even then, they said they are “steadily making preparations” for the next movie. And they even say that “they think things will head in a completely different direction” in reference to how the Broly movie was. So them using saying “making preparation” or using the word “think” in reference to the direction of this movie tell me that are in very early stages. Like earlier than even storyboarding. And the animators wouldn’t be involved in these early stages.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:07 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:24 am

I'm at a lost.
I'm at a loss, too, because I haven't seen anywhere stated that the movie producer of the Broly movie said they've got nothing planned yet.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:11 pm

I personally find it worrisome that the success of Broly might galvanise Toei into pursuing more rehashes instead of dedicating themselves to more original villains. Sure, there's a great number of DB fans who enjoy Broly, but it's not a universal opinion.

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:46 pm

Eventhubs (a fighting game "news" site) Is saying that a Dragon ball super: Broly sequel is coming. Am I the only one feeling that people are jumping the gun on this? Let's wait until we get an actual announcement and see design sheets + synopsis first. Whatever this movie is, I really hope it isn't about Broly again.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019/jun ... el-coming/

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:39 pm

Extreme_kai wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:46 pm Am I the only one feeling that people are jumping the gun on this?
No. I thought it was pretty funny watching droves of youtubers make 5-20 minute videos based on a short interview.
AnimeNation101 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:41 am Why would the animators have known about the movie? Key animation is one of the last things to come compared to writing and storyboarding. And even then, they said they are “steadily making preparations” for the next movie. And they even say that “they think things will head in a completely different direction” in reference to how the Broly movie was. So them using saying “making preparation” or using the word “think” in reference to the direction of this movie tell me that are in very early stages. Like earlier than even storyboarding. And the animators wouldn’t be involved in these early stages.
So what's happening with the series then? Last thing we heard about it was that it was either going to air in July or was going to get announced in July. Was it scrapped and turned into a movie?

I also remember something about the anime already being in preproduction for some time now. Did I get that from somewhere shady or did someone really say that?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:50 pm

Extreme_kai wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:46 pm Eventhubs (a fighting game "news" site) Is saying that a Dragon ball super: Broly sequel is coming. Am I the only one feeling that people are jumping the gun on this? Let's wait until we get an actual announcement and see design sheets + synopsis first. Whatever this movie is, I really hope it isn't about Broly again.

The producers announced they got the green light to make a new movie. That movie however may not be released until the end of 2021. Nothing is being worked on, nothing has been written, it's just that there will be another movie sometime down the line. We've known this forever, the only new thing is that we know they got the OK to make it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:34 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:24 am They're making a movie but Ajay and Geekdom said something series-related was going to happen this year. If they're busy on the movie then why are they going to make a new series just for it to go back on hiatus for the movie?
Toei has done Dragon Ball movies alongside their TV anime productions before, back in the original run of DB and DBZ. They can do the same now if they want.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:20 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:39 pm
Extreme_kai wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:46 pm Am I the only one feeling that people are jumping the gun on this?
No. I thought it was pretty funny watching droves of youtubers make 5-20 minute videos based on a short interview.
AnimeNation101 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:41 am Why would the animators have known about the movie? Key animation is one of the last things to come compared to writing and storyboarding. And even then, they said they are “steadily making preparations” for the next movie. And they even say that “they think things will head in a completely different direction” in reference to how the Broly movie was. So them using saying “making preparation” or using the word “think” in reference to the direction of this movie tell me that are in very early stages. Like earlier than even storyboarding. And the animators wouldn’t be involved in these early stages.
So what's happening with the series then? Last thing we heard about it was that it was either going to air in July or was going to get announced in July. Was it scrapped and turned into a movie?

I also remember something about the anime already being in preproduction for some time now. Did I get that from somewhere shady or did someone really say that?
There was a YouTube a long time ago originally ajay prediction would come April but then again he change it to July that is all and it has been said in here 1000000000000 times

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:27 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:39 pm
I remember when Youtubers would make 5-20 minute videos based a single translated tweet from Herms!

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:22 pm

At this point, I guess we shouldn't expect seeing Super 2.0 in July anymore.
Still, it kinda feels weird that we haven't seen anything big using the new designs from the Broly movie show up for advertisements for the series. In addition to that the games and promotional stuff coming out still feel like they're using the older Yamamuro designs.

I wonder if they'll really adapt the new Shintani designs for the series as a whole or if they will keep the old designs for them being "the look of the series everyone recognizes." If they were using the Shintani designs more often it would feel like the series would be "moving forward".

Still, wonder what they are doing with the stuff Ajay and the others reported on. Assuming that nothing was scrapped, they should have a bunch of material that has yet to be used, no?
Also, it didn't look like they were finished, but since it's been several months already, whatever they were working on should be in a more finished state by now, I think?

If anything, maybe a commercial for something using the new style would be a good sign. Kinda like how they used one of those fridge commercials to show off the new VA for Bulma.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:51 am

Extreme_kai wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:46 pm Eventhubs (a fighting game "news" site) Is saying that a Dragon ball super: Broly sequel is coming. Am I the only one feeling that people are jumping the gun on this? Let's wait until we get an actual announcement and see design sheets + synopsis first. Whatever this movie is, I really hope it isn't about Broly again.

This is complete bullshit. There'll be another movie, but it certainly won't be called that. In fact (this is me going by memory here so gimme some slack) I think it was said the movie will be completely different and not so much about fighting.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:17 am

One would normally think the show would have to be announced sometime in July if it were to air in October, however DBS is in such a bizarre place because it is as if the show is still on the air it is just not leaving the public consciousness so I don't really think they need to announce the return a few months in advance since there is no need for a marketing push, in other words I would not be surprised if DBS gets announced in September for October.