"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

superfan2024
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by superfan2024 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:43 pm

Well, scratch my October 2019 speculation... April 2020's looking to be our best bet with our announcement coming from Jump Festa in December of this year. On the plus side, this gives the staff a lot of pre-production time (or continued production as production presumably already started) as well as giving more time for the Moro chapters to continue being ahead of the anime production (if the anime actually adapts from the manga). On the down side, that we means we have to wait another 8 months for new animated DB content not including Heroes :cry:

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:03 am

I just want them to say it's coming. Doesn't matter how long it takes. Toei's silence is what's bothering most of us, I guess.

The last few years were so much fun, Dragon Ball back on TV just reminded me of happier times. Don't take it away from us again.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:42 am

FlpShimizu wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:03 am I just want them to say it's coming. Doesn't matter how long it takes. Toei's silence is what's bothering most of us, I guess.

The last few years were so much fun, Dragon Ball back on TV just reminded me of happier times. Don't take it away from us again.
But they have said that it is NOT COMING and reacted, they weren`t silent :)
What do you want from a company to say about property, that they are not planning to release?

We know that there is enthusiasm about future movies and that is it officialy.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Nightbane

Post by Nightbane » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:03 am

MCDaveG wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:42 am
FlpShimizu wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:03 am I just want them to say it's coming. Doesn't matter how long it takes. Toei's silence is what's bothering most of us, I guess.

What do you want from a company to say about property, that they are not planning to release?

I mean Ajay has posted and explained multiple times how they were lying when they said they had nothing coming, yet you have chose to ignore it every single time. Why should we listen to you when you have shown that you CHOOSE to be ignorant? You have yet to give us a reason why to listen to Toei USA, a branch known for lying, over a moderator on this very forum.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:44 am

He's a Toei puppy. They're his owner and there are bad people saying bad things about them.

"Smart" replies aside, I totally get not believing YouTubers. Even more when some of them get things wrong and still act like an ass, but in this case it's just too much evidence to ignore.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:29 am

Artorias wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:35 pm
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:35 pm Lol this change of plans thing still doing the rounds? Anything to help people sleep at night I guess...

Come 2021 if we still have no DBS then what? What's the excuse gonna be then?

Bottom line the only official words we have had are about movies, we should treat this whole DBS 2.0 as a myth. After all this I am amazed people still wanna give these non official people the benefit of the doubt.
How could you possibly have read Ajay’s post and come to this kind of conclusion? How could you possibly write this all off as “myth” bs given all the context we have? It’s extremely logical to assume plans did change behind the scenes, and its bizarre for you to just ignore all the evidence and timeline of events and act like we’re all crazy for postulating a very plausible scenario. Quit scoffing at totally reasonable assumptions.
This changing the plan thing is people trying to cover their own asses. And it's working they all have you wrapped around their finger. They have been wrong ever since last December " Jump Festa " announcement. Trying to say people at like CR and ANN said its likely delayed like that is some sort of justification. The evidence isn't really evidence unless you believe them. How do we know that the person that sent the OP genga was the same one? We don't we still have to believe him on that so it's not really evidence is it?

Bottom line is this exactly what happens when someone disrespects the license holders and fans, just because you might know something doesn't mean you have to share it immediately, the Kanzenshuu staff knew of Freeza's return in RF but didn't say anything until the KV dropped same for DBS ending they didn't say anything until the newspaper article dropped HELL even Ajay didn't disclose Takahashi worked on DBS:Broly until the trailer dropped so I am flabbergasted Ajay jumped the DBS 2.0 train and now out here making damage control posts but the damage is already done I am now gonma questions anything they say. If they all kept their mouths zipped none of this would be an issue.

Edit-
I know Ajay didn't do this to milk the news so maybe I am being a bit too harsh on him. I am just disappointed him of all people didn't handle this like how did Takahashi & now I just can't trust him anymore.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:23 am

I'm not a journalist. Ajay is not a journalist.

Standard journalism practice generally dictates that you have multiple, direct, independent sources corroborate information before you report on it, and that you relay the information in a way that does not compromise the integrity of the information and the explicit identity of the sources.

I did not have multiple, direct, independent sources to corroborate what I was told about the 2015 theatrical film.

Ajay had multiple, direct, independent sources corroborate information about an upcoming project and relayed the information in straightforward, transparent ways that did not explicitly identify the sources.

Strictly speaking about Ajay, as he's literally the only person I've read any reports from on this subject matter... I honestly can't even begin to comprehend how anyone could be upset, except for getting upset over their own projections and expectations that didn't turn out true... and that ain't on Ajay.

"Answering questions" and "repeating the exact same things already stated" isn't "damage control" in this case my man. If you want to keep spewing what at this point just comes across as unreasonable anger, please do it elsewhere.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:51 am

I do wonder what King Ryuu is doing now. I thought he was working on GeGeGe no Kitarou since he knew it was being written up through July but he is not credited for writing any episodes. Maybe he was writing episodes for Dragon Ball, then?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:57 am

Nightbane wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:03 am

I mean Ajay has posted and explained multiple times how they were lying when they said they had nothing coming, yet you have chose to ignore it every single time. Why should we listen to you when you have shown that you CHOOSE to be ignorant? You have yet to give us a reason why to listen to Toei USA, a branch known for lying, over a moderator on this very forum.
I respect Ajay and haven’t said anything against him, but still rumors are rumors until confirmed. I was just replying that nothing came out or was stated officialy, thus that is where we are.
Maybe something was in the works and what Ajay said and do not get me wrong, that guy is honest and I believe him, but Super 2.0 doesn’t exist as far as it is not announced or something that is not vague leaks out.

I am not ignorant, you are just angry that I like the facts and not being in conspiracy bandwagon. I just don’t like fanboys bashing me over their wild fantasies.

Time will tell and I won’t be replying on this thread in future to make you happy.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:29 am

Nightbane wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:03 am

I thought Toei's Japanese branch was the one that responded to the rumors?

One of them did at least. The producer for the Broly movie, remember?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:47 am

Imagine believing YOUTUBERS over the actual animation studio. Why would they outright tell everyone a movie is in the works but deny the anime? You guys realize animes are announced way before they air right? Attack on titan final season was announced over a year before it will end up airing and thats one of the most popular series in the world so its not some franchise that needs all the attention it can get

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:40 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:47 amYou guys realize animes are announced way before they air right?
Sure. Some are.

Dragon Ball Super was announced three months before it began.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:54 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:40 pm
RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:47 amYou guys realize animes are announced way before they air right?
Sure. Some are.

Yeah cause they rushed it and we saw what kind of fiasco that turned out to be. The fact is these youtubers have been wrong MULTIPLE times, don't forget they also said expect an april return with an announcement at JF and then played it off as "communication error" whereas Toei continually denied the anime returning and it turns out they were telling the truth

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:10 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:54 pm
VegettoEX wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:40 pm
Sure. Some are.

Yeah cause they rushed it and we saw what kind of fiasco that turned out to be. The fact is these youtubers have been wrong MULTIPLE times, don't forget they also said expect an april return with an announcement at JF and then played it off as "communication error" whereas Toei continually denied the anime returning and it turns out they were telling the truth
I'm still not sure which Toei denied Super coming back but the producer for Broly implied that they do have a show planned but they either don't know anything release wise or haven't even started yet.

https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1118963513798455296

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:23 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:54 pmYeah cause they rushed it and we saw what kind of fiasco that turned out to be. The fact is these youtubers have been wrong MULTIPLE times, don't forget they also said expect an april return with an announcement at JF and then played it off as "communication error" whereas Toei continually denied the anime returning and it turns out they were telling the truth
I've consistently said I have no idea who this "they" is, I don't follow anything this "they" people say, and I'm specifically talking about the incredibly detailed and transparent outline of information Ajay has given time and time again, most recently within the last page-ish right here in this thread.

I have to imagine it's certainly no surprise that I have incredible concerns over the state of Dragon Ball "news" "reporting" and "coverage" in various media, YouTube and otherwise, but I think I've made myself unbelievably clear here: what he, Ajay, very specifically as a person, has outlined is not the work of someone intentionally and nefariously "lying" to you.

Words have meaning. Understand and use them appropriately.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Ajay wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:44 am
Michsi wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:13 amSomeone mentioned that Ajay tweeted something about finding out that what he was told was wrong. I'm not sure if he ever elaborated on whether he meant release date or the existence of the series as a whole. Either way, we can at least rest assured that something will follow , be it a movie or a series.
I didn't elaborate cause I'm not really sure myself. I don't really have any thoughts on this mess beyond my last statement that essentially boiled down to, "I don't know what's going on, but I'm sorry I played a part in this".

I guess I can just lay out the facts and you guys can make of it what you will:

- A European dubbing company (precise country redacted for privacy) were explicitly told by Toei that production on a new series is in the works.
- A meeting discussing a new series took place in Italy in April. They were told to prepare for an announcement in May.
- Two European VAs casually mentioned then redacted the existence of a new Super series.
- At no point were Funimation ever aware of a new series.
- Toei US denied the existence both publicly and privately to US staff.
- Toei US, Toei EU, and Toei JP are separate entities, and according to Brady Hartel from Discotek, these branches don't often communicate with one another synchronously.
- A dozen or so Toei Phils staff explicitly admitted the existence of a sequel Dragon Ball Super series. The sheer number of staff and precise details provided serve as the primary basis for the series' existence.
- Many of these staff repeatedly mentioned an air date of July and Fuji TV as the location of broadcast, though a few said that while they know of its existence, they're not sure when it'll launch.
- Their focus was always on Stampede, but depending on the Phils staff contacted, they were at different stages with regards to Super. Some had it on their calendars, while others had received production materials.
- Those with production materials specifically cited the designs being the same as the Broly movie, with many auxiliary characters falling back on Nakatsuru's DBZ designs.
- This information was procured over the course of several months, and they continued to say the same things right up until the predicted announcement. Following this, nobody seemed to know what was going on. However on July 31st 2019, after reaching out, a staff member said: "I don't know when the new series will release, but maybe next year. As far as I know, there's no Dragon Ball this year. We're making some Dragon Ball Heroes episodes, but nothing with the regular DBS series".
- Toei US stated privately that Toei Animation does not work with Toei Phils (Note: this is laughably incorrect. They work on every single episode of every single Toei show to this very day. (They even provided One Piece materials to me before an episode even aired). This absurd statement was one of the reasons why nobody really paid much attention to their denial.
- Following Super sequel claims, Masaki Sato tweeted "No way! All these questions... at this point it's industry talk and I shouldn't say more. Did something leak from somewhere? Overseas? Though I guess if it's already been revealed, it might be okay to discuss..." I DM'd him asking him to clarify if he was talking about Super, but all he said was that he'd return if he was offered an Animation Supervisor role.
- On March 20th, a Shueisha employee from the One Piece department mocked people claiming Super would return in July on their personal Twitter account. However, he was ignored as he has a history of making wild claims. His basis was that it would be too expensive to produce a movie and a new Super series within the same year... despite the fact that that's exactly what happened in 2015, and continues to happen every single year.
- On March 30th, Tu Yong-ce said he had never heard about any sort of follow-up series to Super. Tu works exclusively in the One Piece department.
- However a day later, another Toei animator (redacted for privacy) said: "I don't know anything about Dragon Ball Super's continuation, but I'm working on it :wink:"
- I was told Ryota Nakamura and Masato Mitsuka were on One Piece Stampede back on May 7th. However, Kazuya Karasawa's Twitter bio mentions "NEW WORK IN PREPARATION" for a (still!) unannounced project.
- I was told Yuya Takahashi was on One Piece Stampede back in January - he is serving as an animation supervisor.
- I was told Naoki Tate was on One Piece Stampede on May 31st.
- Animators on Stampede mentioned that the movie's schedule is very good, so claims that the movie's schedule affected Super, while not impossible, are probably misguided. That said...
- Toei have a well-documented history of postponing and/or changing projects and their formats. Some well-known examples: their anniversary project Pop in Q had its plans altered twice, Sailor Moon Crystal is in purgatory since they keep scrapping plans, a Hannah Montana anime pilot was created and then scrapped. They have a habit of putting things on the cards very early, so in a projects' infancy, things are subject to change.
- After consulting with "industry experts" from various publications like AnimeNewsNetwork and CrunchyRoll, the general consensus is that at some point, a Super series was likely set in stone for July, and then changed. Anything beyond that is far too unclear to determine based on the evidence.

I'm probably missing some stuff, but that's pretty much all the key bits of information. Bizarre situation. Whether this was all a big misunderstanding, a case of changed plans, or something else, hopefully one day we'll find out exactly what happened.
Pretty much, vague hearsay, nothing concrete from TOEI Japan heads.
Thanks for the info tho. Always appreciated.

Spencer_23
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Spencer_23 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:50 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:47 am Imagine believing YOUTUBERS over the actual animation studio. Why would they outright tell everyone a movie is in the works but deny the anime? You guys realize animes are announced way before they air right? Attack on titan final season was announced over a year before it will end up airing and thats one of the most popular series in the world so its not some franchise that needs all the attention it can get

Lmao no kidding. These clowns defend some random dude on YouTube as if they know him. Ajay seems cool, he was wrong, no biggie, he owned up to it.

I remember that hilarious Geekdom (prob the biggest moron they defend) video of his “proof” that he didn’t lie (despite being quite rude to people who doubted him) which was just texts with names/numbers blurred out. Literally anyone could post the exact same thing lol. Clearly no one actually knew anything when it came to a continuation of Super.

But the people in here are just too delusional to even discuss that fact. They’d rather magically believe it’s been delayed with no evidence since they were so sure it was coming.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:12 pm

Spencer_23 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:50 pm
RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:47 am Imagine believing YOUTUBERS over the actual animation studio. Why would they outright tell everyone a movie is in the works but deny the anime? You guys realize animes are announced way before they air right? Attack on titan final season was announced over a year before it will end up airing and thats one of the most popular series in the world so its not some franchise that needs all the attention it can get

Lmao no kidding. These clowns defend some random dude on YouTube as if they know him. Ajay seems cool, he was wrong, no biggie, he owned up to it.

I remember that hilarious Geekdom (prob the biggest moron they defend) video of his “proof” that he didn’t lie (despite being quite rude to people who doubted him) which was just texts with names/numbers blurred out. Literally anyone could post the exact same thing lol. Clearly no one actually knew anything when it came to a continuation of Super.

But the people in here are just too delusional to even discuss that fact. They’d rather magically believe it’s been delayed with no evidence since they were so sure it was coming.
They have no reason to lie though. Especially for this long.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:51 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:23 pm
RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:54 pmYeah cause they rushed it and we saw what kind of fiasco that turned out to be. The fact is these youtubers have been wrong MULTIPLE times, don't forget they also said expect an april return with an announcement at JF and then played it off as "communication error" whereas Toei continually denied the anime returning and it turns out they were telling the truth
I've consistently said I have no idea who this "they" is, I don't follow anything this "they" people say, and I'm specifically talking about the incredibly detailed and transparent outline of information Ajay has given time and time again, most recently within the last page-ish right here in this thread.

I have to imagine it's certainly no surprise that I have incredible concerns over the state of Dragon Ball "news" "reporting" and "coverage" in various media, YouTube and otherwise, but I think I've made myself unbelievably clear here: what he, Ajay, very specifically as a person, has outlined is not the work of someone intentionally and nefariously "lying" to you.

Words have meaning. Understand and use them appropriately.
"they" refers to Ajays compadres in this whole thing Geekdom and Yonkou who both shared the same sources and when proved incorrect , deflected blame. Look if you want to take your coworkers side be my guest but don't expect me to believe in someone whose been wrong MULTIPLE times, if you follow the NBA then this is like believing Chris Broussard reporting

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:51 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:12 pm
Spencer_23 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:50 pm

They have no reason to lie though. Especially for this long.
Toei has no reason to lie though, especially for this long.