"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:03 pm

It's getting closer and closer to late April.

1. Is there a specific website or particular information giving youtube/twitter channel I should tune in to? Nothing like Geekdom or the other big youtubers, no offense but I'm not a fan of their channels.

2. Is there a point in the day? Morning? Night? 10:00? 7:00? Anytime I think I'm prepared for the news it appears when I least expect it.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:45 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:03 pm It's getting closer and closer to late April.

1. Is there a specific website or particular information giving youtube/twitter channel I should tune in to? Nothing like Geekdom or the other big youtubers, no offense but I'm not a fan of their channels.

2. Is there a point in the day? Morning? Night? 10:00? 7:00? Anytime I think I'm prepared for the news it appears when I least expect it.
Keep in mind that this ISN’T the only date to expect an announcement. Its more like the start of a set of time in which we’re expecting DBS 2.0 to get announced within.

Basically from April 26 to mid May is when we should be expecting a DBS 2.0 announcement.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

louisascommie
Beyond Newbie

Post by louisascommie » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:05 pm

I expect it this week

but it's just going to be a press release

nothing like a hyped up live stream or even footage

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:42 am

Well, I am curious. I was laughed at by everyone months before, even as there wasn't any proof ''Duh, of course Super is coming you dumbass'',
and now, still without any proof, just claims, I sit still and wonder.

I will be surprised and happy if Super continues, but I am holding my horses.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:59 am

MCDaveG wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:42 am Well, I am curious. I was laughed at by everyone months before, even as there wasn't any proof ''Duh, of course Super is coming you dumbass'',

Basically this, remember that Dragon Ball Super was announced on April 28th so keep your eye on that date. April to mid May is a pretty vague guess and if it's mid May with still no announcement in sight then people will simply say it'll probably be a June announcement or claim that the show has been delayed or something. Basically beginning with the 28th in the Americas, Golden week will begin in Japan and that's the time Super was announced, if there's nothing by May 6th then you should definitely question these "sources" people have been throwing around. What I'm saying is IF a Super 2.0 is coming then it'll be announced between the 28th to the 6th of May.

Derf

Post by Derf » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:09 am

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:59 am
MCDaveG wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:42 am Well, I am curious. I was laughed at by everyone months before, even as there wasn't any proof ''Duh, of course Super is coming you dumbass'',

Basically this, remember that Dragon Ball Super was announced on April 28th so keep your eye on that date. April to mid May is a pretty vague guess and if it's mid May with still no announcement in sight then people will simply say it'll probably be a June announcement or claim that the show has been delayed or something. Basically beginning with the 28th in the Americas, Golden week will begin in Japan and that's the time Super was announced, if there's nothing by May 6th then you should definitely question these "sources" people have been throwing around. What I'm saying is IF a Super 2.0 is coming then it'll be announced between the 28th to the 6th of May.
April 28th is a Sunday, no way its getting announced then. The more likely April date is April 26, when Toei celebrates the 30th Anniversary of Dragon Ball Z. It's also the date that @YonkouProd and @dbs20191 are teasing.

If the 26th goes by with no announcement, the next most likely date is May 9th, Goku Day in Japan.

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:46 am

Derf wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:09 am

April 28th is a Sunday, no way its getting announced then. The more likely April date is April 26, when Toei celebrates the 30th Anniversary of Dragon Ball Z. It's also the date that @YonkouProd and @dbs20191 are teasing.

If the 26th goes by with no announcement, the next most likely date is May 9th, Goku Day in Japan.
I didn't say that it's gonna be announced on the 28th only to keep eyes open for it because it begins Golden Week and it was when Super was announced last time.

Kepiaschkz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kepiaschkz » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:35 am

I'm surprised this hasn't made his way to this topic until now, last April 23th Toei clearly teased the return of the anime via Twitter :
https://mobile.twitter.com/ToeiAnimatio ... 9579381761

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:06 am

Kepiaschkz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:35 am I'm surprised this hasn't made his way to this topic until now, last April 23th Toei clearly teased the return of the anime via Twitter :
That's a shot from episode 1 (DBS).
Maybe is just a joke.

Kepiaschkz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kepiaschkz » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:40 am

Gt91 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:06 am
Kepiaschkz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:35 am I'm surprised this hasn't made his way to this topic until now, last April 23th Toei clearly teased the return of the anime via Twitter :
Maybe is just a joke.
Indeed, you're right. My bad. :oops:

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:32 pm

Kepiaschkz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:40 am
Gt91 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:06 am
Maybe is just a joke.
Indeed, you're right. My bad. :oops:
We can still have something tomorrow or next month :)

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:46 pm

Well, but the last time they did that it was with Z and they announced the anniversary sets. And those were...terrible, but it was an announcement.

Also
Kepiaschkz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:35 amApril 23th
April...twenty-threeth?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:54 pm

They're just having you guess DBS for some sort of trivia reason or something, rather than a hint of anything, being that the next episode would be episode 132 and that shot looks just like the area that Goku was farming in episode 1.

April 28th-May 6th you say? What about Goku day on May 9th? I think Goku Day would be a perfect day for them to announce it.

If the announcement doesn't come by the end of Goku Day, I am going to go into full-panic mode. But until then, I'm confident an announcement is coming and that Geekdom is right.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:16 pm

PFM18 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:54 pm April 28th-May 6th you say? What about Piccolo day on May 9th? I think Piccolo Day would be a perfect day for them to announce it.
Fixed
If the announcement doesn't come by the end of Goku Day, I am going to go into full-panic mode. But until then, I'm confident an announcement is coming and that Geekdom is right.

Didn't a French voice actor say it would be back in the Fall ? He could've been talking about the French dub but if we don't get anything soon then we may end up waiting till the Fall. If by the end of August there's no announcement then...Panic. I just can't see them waiting so long unless there was some behind the scenes problems going on. Broly made a lot of $$$ so you'd think they would try to take advantage of that.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:06 pm

sintzu wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:16 pmFixed
....it's both dude.
sintzu wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:16 pm If by the end of August there's no announcement then...Panic. I just can't see them waiting so long unless there was some behind the scenes problems going on. Broly made a lot of $$$ so you'd think they would try to take advantage of that.
By August, we already would be aware that it isn't airing in the rumored date in July....

I am talking about panic just in regards to whether it will come in July or later. Obviously I hope it is sooner rather than later.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:25 pm

I mean the plan could be July but it could always be pushed back. Another series I am a fan of Chihayafuru was officially announced for the spring but it’s premiere was pushed back for October. This hasn’t even had an official announcement yet. So anything is possible.

I’ll just feel a lot more excited when that official announcement finally comes.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:38 pm

2uper is coming in July, it's just no way it's not going to be in July.

Regarding 2uper's announcement, Super 1.0 was first announced in April 28th so it should be any day or moment now.

Also, huge unpredictable prediction, but I kind of feel like the new series has a chance of being called Dragon Ball Super Z.

If i'm right, I want a cookie or two.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:17 pm

Hol up, give it about 40 minutes to wait and see if DBS gets announced for a return for today.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:19 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:17 pm Hol up, give it about 40 minutes to wait and see if DBS gets announced for a return for today.
.....and it's been over 40 minutes right?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:21 pm

PFM18 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:19 pm
AnimeNation101 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:17 pm Hol up, give it about 40 minutes to wait and see if DBS gets announced for a return for today.
.....and it's been over 40 minutes right?
Not holding my breath that we are getting an announcement. I hope I am wrong though.

Almost all the 30th Anniversary stuff seems to be coming from the West. Japan could care less it seems.