"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:23 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by vashter » Tue May 21, 2019 9:29 pm

So you all in here want Danny respond.. idk if you notice he dealing with a face pain (the damn term is long af) however he has me block on tweet oh well although pretty sure he knows about this situation going on - even if you gonna wait 20 years for him respond don’t bother won’t matter anymore

User avatar
Shaddy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 995
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Shaddy » Tue May 21, 2019 9:50 pm

Would it be easier to believe that Ajay was told the truth and the show was delayed (something he said was possible), or that either him or his source were lying?
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
PremiumSalt
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:58 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by PremiumSalt » Tue May 21, 2019 10:39 pm

Just throwing this out there, someone on Reddit pointed out that the Dragon Ball Tour site has been updated with a "Movie" tab that's greyed out and can't be clicked. https://www.db-tour.com/

I mean, if they were working on another movie, it'd explain the silence on announcing the return of the show.
Avid Star Wars, Dragon Ball, and DC Fan.

Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Tournament of Power 8. 21st Budōkai 9. Broly 10. Battle of Gods 11. Boo 12. U6 Tournament 13. Freeza 14. Red Ribbon Army 15. Artificial Humans/Cell 16.Golden Freeza

Star Wars Rankings: 1. ROTS 2. TLJ 3. RO 4. TESB 5. ROTJ 6. ANH 7. TFA 8. SOLO 9. TPM 10. AOTC

DCEU Rankings: 1. WW 2. AQM 3. BVS 4. JL 5. MOS 6. SS
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

User avatar
Araki
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1443
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:54 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Araki » Wed May 22, 2019 12:05 am

PremiumSalt wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:39 pm
Just throwing this out there, someone on Reddit pointed out that the Dragon Ball Tour site has been updated with a "Movie" tab that's greyed out and can't be clicked. https://www.db-tour.com/

I mean, if they were working on another movie, it'd explain the silence on announcing the return of the show.
They usually use the word "movie" on Japanese websites for trailers and whatnot. Besides, "posts" is also greyed out. My guess is that it's linking to future event-related videos and posts.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:23 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by vashter » Wed May 22, 2019 12:15 am

damn now you guys waking up after all that db-tour just getting acknowledge, San Diego is first stop... you all know SDCC is coming now don't get your hope up.

Konja7
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Konja7 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:51 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:28 pm
As for plans change. Yes they do. But for a show to start production Toei must've have been 100% sure of the air date otherwise it is wasted money to start production of a show with a release that is subject to change, especially given Toei would have to send info about the show out to other companies such as Bandai (for Broly Bandai got the designs one month after Shintani finished them). So Toei delaying release is gonna affect other things and end up costing money. So I doubt Toei would be foolish to start production without 100% release date set.

Edit- Above is assuming there is no retelling.
I don't know if you have heard about Sailor moon Crystal or Digimon Adventure Tri.

Toei originally announced Sailor Moon Crystal for Summer 2013 (June-September). However, it started in June 2014.

Toei originally announced Digimon Adventure Tri will start in Spring 2015 (March-Japan). The first film was broadcast in November 2015.


So, an anime being delayed during production isn't new for Toei. The weird thing is Toei being so cautious with their announcements.
Last edited by Konja7 on Wed May 22, 2019 1:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:23 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by vashter » Wed May 22, 2019 12:57 am

Konja7 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:51 am
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:28 pm
As for plans change. Yes they do. But for a show to start production Toei must've have been 100% sure of the air date otherwise it is wasted money to start production of a show with a release that is subject to change, especially given Toei would have to send info about the show out to other companies such as Bandai (for Broly Bandai got the designs one month after Shintani finished them). So Toei delaying release is gonna affect other things and end up costing money. So I doubt Toei would be foolish to start production without 100% release date set.

Edit- Above is assuming there is no retelling.
I don't know if you have hear about Sailor moon Crystal or Digimon Adventure Tri.

Toei originally announced Sailor Moon Crystal for Summer 2013 (June-September). However, it started in June 2014.

Toei originally announced Digimon Adventure Tri will start in Spring 2015 (March-Japan). The first film was aired in November 2015.


So, an anime being delayed during production isn't new for Toei. The weird thing is Toei being so cautios with their announcements.
Interesting... I did not see that coming.

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4283
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Wed May 22, 2019 2:15 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:40 pm
Michsi wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:45 am
TheRed259 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:47 am
Don't know if something can be announced there but we got new locations and dates for the DragonBall World Adventure tour:

So, either they'll kick things off with SDCC or sooner depending on when the event in Japan will take place.
I’m betting the Japan event in just Jump Festa
But that would be in December, which is way later than the start of the fall season, so that doesn't make a lot of sense marketing wise.

Konja7 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:51 am
I don't know if you have heard about Sailor moon Crystal or Digimon Adventure Tri.

Toei originally announced Sailor Moon Crystal for Summer 2013 (June-September). However, it started in June 2014.

Toei originally announced Digimon Adventure Tri will start in Spring 2015 (March-Japan). The first film was broadcast in November 2015.


So, an anime being delayed during production isn't new for Toei. The weird thing is Toei being so cautious with their announcements.
Maybe they're being more cautious this time around precisely because of the examples you mentioned. Supposedly Toei has improved their production process in the last year so they're maybe a little more organized and won't haphazardly announce a new anime before being absolutely certain that everything's ready.

User avatar
MCDaveG
I Live Here
Posts: 4596
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Wed May 22, 2019 6:51 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:47 pm
Spencer_23 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:10 pm
Lmao imagine typing this out.

Alright guys my sources telling me Super is airing October. If it doesn’t air by then my source wasn’t wrong, they just changed it up. Trust me 👍🏼
Are you going to pretend that change of plans are never a thing in marketing & bussiness management?
What counterargument this is? If you tell me, that the sun will not set out next morning, that someone told you and I will wake up next morning,
wait for the sun to come out and it will come, you were wrong and your source as well... There is no marketing and management for sky mechanics probably, but if your information doesn't match up the outcome, you are wrong. Simple as that. There is no try, young padawan.
Nobody pretends anything, there are just people seeing things clearly for what they are and people holding false hopes and defending failed informants.
''Gotta catch 'em all! Dragon Baaaaall!''


Konja7
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Konja7 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:56 am

The title is clickbait.

Mario Castañeda is sure Super will return (as we are), but he doesn't know the date. He hasn't been contacted yet (which has sense, since the dub wouldn't start at this point).

Mario Castañeda think Moro will be the first arc, but this seems just a guess due to the manga.

User avatar
mfwlegend3
Regular
Posts: 632
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:00 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by mfwlegend3 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:22 pm

Excuse the mini-modding tone but we really need to just quit link dropping without giving any context to its contents. Especially when it’s written in a whole other foreign fucking language. I just see people do this frequently across the forum.

User avatar
IntangibleFancy
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed May 22, 2019 1:32 pm

Shaddy wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:50 pm
Would it be easier to believe that Ajay was told the truth and the show was delayed (something he said was possible), or that either him or his source were lying?
Say they are lying: Knowing that there's no Super in the near future is easier to cope with than realizing you've been chasing something that just won't come in the near future.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

User avatar
Shaddy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 995
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Shaddy » Wed May 22, 2019 2:23 pm

Thank you for ignoring what I said and moving to your next argument as if I already agreed with your previous one, which I didn't.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
IntangibleFancy
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed May 22, 2019 2:28 pm

Shaddy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:23 pm
Thank you for ignoring what I said and moving to your next argument as if I already agreed with your previous one, which I didn't.
I didn't see it. The alert thing doesn't work when it's on my phone.

Does it really matter if I did or didn't? If it's anything like our last argument, which was more or less the same with what you were arguing about with the other guy then you're argument is just ad nauseam that basically boils down to "b-but I trust him a-a-a-and he's populurrrrrrrr :evil: :cry: :evil: :cry: "

I read your argument (if you could even call it that). I was pretty much on the money when it came to the emoticons. You also gave up after starting it in the first place so there was no use in reading it anyway.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

User avatar
Shaddy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 995
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Shaddy » Wed May 22, 2019 2:57 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:28 pm
I didn't see it. The alert thing doesn't work when it's on my phone.
No, you didn't read the very thing you quoted. I don't care if you think it's wrong, because I don't. I'm not going to respond to a hypothetical idea of them lying, because I don't believe that they're lying. There is no evidence that they're lying so long as we haven't gone past July, the only thing that was wrong was a prediction of an announcement that nobody should have taken with anything but a grain of salt.

(but for the record, you obviously did, otherwise you wouldn't be so offended and accusatory in it being wrong)
IntangibleFancy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:28 pm
Does it really matter if I did or didn't? If it's anything like our last argument, which was more or less the same with what you were arguing about with the other guy then you're argument is just ad nauseam that basically boils down to "b-but I trust him a-a-a-and he's populurrrrrrrr :evil: :cry: :evil: :cry: "
Guess what? These aren't the only places that confirmed the show is real. The licensing expo, for example. That confirmed new episodes were being produced and the only explanation for it being there when Toei denied it is that it was a PR move. That's a motive, and an extremely fucking common one that happens all the time. Ajay and his sources don't have a motive for lying, but you have no trouble accusing them of that. There are any number of explanations as to why the show hasn't been announced, both I and ajay have said it's possible it's not airing in July, but your "it's not real because I say so" is supposed to be a more sensible substitute?
IntangibleFancy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:28 pm
I read your argument (if you could even call it that). I was pretty much on the money when it came to the emoticons. You also gave up after starting it in the first place so there was no use in reading it anyway.
"I was so right in my previous statement so that makes this better, I basically didn't even have to read this thing I didn't read because I misunderstood that the thing I failed to read was the thing I already replied to".

How stuck-up do you plan to get with this?
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
IntangibleFancy
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed May 22, 2019 4:19 pm

Shaddy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:57 pm
I'm not going to respond to a hypothetical idea of them lying, because I don't believe that they're lying.
So you're "wasting your time" responding to me but also ignoring me? You see how that makes sense?
Shaddy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:57 pm
There is no evidence that they're lying so long as we haven't gone past July, the only thing that was wrong was a prediction of an announcement that nobody should have taken with anything but a grain of salt.
First it was "you'll be apologizing to Geekdom in May" and now it's "It still isn't July yet" When July passes will you people cling to August next?
Shaddy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:57 pm
the only thing that was wrong was a prediction of an announcement that nobody should have taken with anything but a grain of salt.
Ajay wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:18 am
I cannot fathom a marketing plan that would announce anything later than today, so all my expectations are dead.
Shaddy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:57 pm
(but for the record, you obviously did, otherwise you wouldn't be so offended and accusatory in it being wrong)
The only one clearly agitated over this is you. I'm just sitting here on my sofa wondering when your eventual meltdown is going to happen and which popcorn I should eat when I read it.
Shaddy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:57 pm
Guess what? These aren't the only places that confirmed the show is real. The licensing expo, for example. That confirmed new episodes were being produced and the only explanation for it being there when Toei denied it is that it was a PR move. That's a motive, and an extremely fucking common one that happens all the time.
So I'm supposed to lick up everything Geekdom and Ajay tell me but ignore Toei and their producer literally saying they had NO release date in plan because they might be lying?
Shaddy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:57 pm
Ajay and his sources don't have a motive for lying
Neither does Toei. They could have answered vague comments. There was nothing forcing them to outright deny any claims.
Shaddy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:57 pm
There are any number of explanations as to why the show hasn't been announced, both I and ajay have said it's possible it's not airing in July, but your "it's not real because I say so" is supposed to be a more sensible substitute?
I already said I trusted Ajay, here you are crying about ignoring post when you're doing it yourself.

Also, can I have some instances of Geekdom actually being right about an official release prediction? So far it's all been "reeeee believe them reeeeee" and "just trust him"
Shaddy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:57 pm
"I was so right in my previous statement so that makes this better, I basically didn't even have to read this thing I didn't read because I misunderstood that the thing I failed to read was the thing I already replied to".
Your bitching doesn't change the fact that you were going to give up or the fact that your post basically amounted to barking.
Shaddy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:57 pm
Fine, no idea why the hell I put up with your shit for this long, have a nice day.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16300
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Wed May 22, 2019 4:20 pm

Excessive back-and-forths (specifically single-line ones) are explicitly called out as unacceptable in our community guidelines.

You folks actively going at it clearly have nothing new to say at this point.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:23 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by vashter » Thu May 23, 2019 1:52 am


User avatar
Noitsnothim
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu May 23, 2019 2:16 am

Araki wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:05 am
PremiumSalt wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:39 pm
Just throwing this out there, someone on Reddit pointed out that the Dragon Ball Tour site has been updated with a "Movie" tab that's greyed out and can't be clicked. https://www.db-tour.com/

I mean, if they were working on another movie, it'd explain the silence on announcing the return of the show.
They usually use the word "movie" on Japanese websites for trailers and whatnot. Besides, "posts" is also greyed out. My guess is that it's linking to future event-related videos and posts.
Actually....you guys should probably get hyped for this (Last year they showed a teaser for this tour under the name 'Event teaser' when they had a tab like this it was for the Broly movie trailer)

Either a New film is in the works or it's the actual anime teaser (I bet on the anime)

Post Reply