Dragon Ball super on Blu-ray

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

bernhard90
Not-So-Newbie

Dragon Ball super on Blu-ray

Post by bernhard90 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi guys,

first post here! I'm hoping this is in the right topic.

Do you know if there is coming a complete DragonBall super blu-ray box in the future? Or must I buy all seperate blu-ray's right now, now they are still available?

Thanks!

supersaiyandoctor
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball super on Blu-ray

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:38 pm

Depends on your region. In the U.S it's the parts of 13 episodes each.

Here in Australia, Dragon Ball is distributed by Madman and they have put together a box set collection of episodes 1 - 52 and will do the same for the next lot of episodes. They did this with the original Dragon Ball series too and I find it a way more compact way of collecting it.

I'm sure there will be season sets eventually released by FUNimation but they will likely be 26 episodes a piece if we go by their Kai release.

bernhard90
Not-So-Newbie

Post by bernhard90 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:37 am

Region: Netherlands.

But here there aren't any DragonBall releases except for the big green dubs dvd's 20 years ago. :eh:

So most of the Dutch people order everything from the Uk because all their blu-rays/dvd's are region 2/B.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:12 am

If you want the collections and are region B I'd say go for the Madman collection and future installments.

Funimation seemingly want to milk everything they can out of the Super parts because they know their customers will buy if its their only option, hence still not even announcing Season 1.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

bernhard90
Not-So-Newbie

Post by bernhard90 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:12 pm

I looked at Zavvi today and see that they got a good deal!
€27,00 for two blu-ray's.

So i got the first four parts on blu-ray for €55,50 including shipping :thumbup: