What should be done next with Broly?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: What should be done next with Broly?

Post by Bullza » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:29 am

ZeroDio wrote:maybe Broly meets Jiren?
Those two definitely need to have a good scrap.

Dragon Ball is the kind of series where whenever two characters fight, you know who is going to win 90% of the time. Like how everyone wanted to see Hit vs. Jiren because Hit was the previous major antagonist but you knew beforehand that Jiren was going to win.

A Broly vs. Jiren fight would be fun to watch though because you couldn't really say who would actually win which happens very rarely whenever two major characters are involved. It's already caused all these debates on who would win and people are very divided on it.

Two major antagonists fighting it out and not knowing who is going to win I don't think has ever happened before.

I don't know how they'd go about having the two meet storywise but if they were to do something like that then I'd rather both characters be re-introduced around the same time.

Son Gara
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Gara » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:15 am

Interesting to see how he would far against the current villain in the Super manga, Moro.
"I want the guys at Funimation to carry my casket, so they can let me down one last time" - Wezenheim

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:36 am

Son Gara wrote:Interesting to see how he would far against the current villain in the Super manga, Moro.
If he comes in and one-shots him after Goku and Vegeta lose, I'm done with it.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Son Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Dragon » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:05 pm

I'm really more concerned with Broly's character design. If it's gonna change again I wonder what they'll be able to do, since I thought his combo Frieza's armor was actually pretty cool, especially in his Super Saiyan Form.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:26 pm

I prefer his shirtlessness.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

God Gogeta

Post by God Gogeta » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:40 am

If he comes in and one-shots him after Goku and Vegeta lose, I'm done with it.[/quote]
Why he's clearly exponentially stronger than both of them . Maybe strength isn't necessary to beat moro, magical power is needed.

As for Broly future design , I'll love to see him in different dress than saiyan armour, maybe a green gi like Goku or like the one Gohan used while playing like Saiyaman :lol: :lol:
God Gogeta

God Gogeta

Post by God Gogeta » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:47 am

Bullza wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:I think that Broly should gain control of his power and evolve it.
Would that run the risk of him becoming boring?

The reason why Broly was always so popular was because of his overflowing and uncontrollable power and his rage. He's Dragon Ball's version of the Hulk and people love him for it.

If you take that away from him and he'll be in control of himself then isn't he gonna the lose the thing that makes him popular in the first place? He might just become another good guy Saiyan with a unique looking form.
His can control his power well enough. He clobbered golden Frieza without killing him, he waited for SSG Goku to stand up and resume fighting ,that's enough evidence. I guess he should gain control over his sanity. If he can distinguish between friends and foes with going forward in his Ssj or lssj fp forms, that's best .
God Gogeta

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:22 am

God Gogeta wrote:
Bullza wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:I think that Broly should gain control of his power and evolve it.
Would that run the risk of him becoming boring?

The reason why Broly was always so popular was because of his overflowing and uncontrollable power and his rage. He's Dragon Ball's version of the Hulk and people love him for it.

If you take that away from him and he'll be in control of himself then isn't he gonna the lose the thing that makes him popular in the first place? He might just become another good guy Saiyan with a unique looking form.
His can control his power well enough. He clobbered golden Frieza without killing him, he waited for SSG Goku to stand up and resume fighting ,that's enough evidence. I guess he should gain control over his sanity. If he can distinguish between friends and foes with going forward in his Ssj or lssj fp forms, that's best .
Controlling his sanity would be good.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:24 am

Just have him travelling across the universe, while improving his social skills, enhancing his general intelligence and learning to control his power. Hell, you can go the extra mile and have him form an intimate relationship.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:01 am

Son Dragon wrote:I'm really more concerned with Broly's character design. If it's gonna change again I wonder what they'll be able to do, since I thought his combo Frieza's armor was actually pretty cool, especially in his Super Saiyan Form.
Bulma will probably replicate the armour for him. Since Toriyama isn't doing a manga anymore good chance the armour will retain it's shoulder pads too. (If they're gonna stick with armour Vegeta I hope they bring his pads back too).

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:05 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Son Gara wrote:Interesting to see how he would far against the current villain in the Super manga, Moro.
If they're smart they won't have Broly in this Saga or even maybe in the next one. They should use these characters like Broly, Jiren and even Ultra Insinct sparingly. That way it's exciting when they do actually show up rather than it be a frequent appearance.

Not fully comparable but Super Saiyan Blue but ruined because it appeared way more than it should have.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:33 pm

Bullza wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
If they're smart they won't have Broly in this Saga or even maybe in the next one. They should use these characters like Broly, Jiren and even Ultra Insinct sparingly. That way it's exciting when they do actually show up rather than it be a frequent appearance.

Not fully comparable but Super Saiyan Blue but ruined because it appeared way more than it should have.
But the thing is Heroes still has UI in people's minds. Even if it isn't main series. Why I hate Heroes for doing that, thay have plenty of forms to f**k around with and leave it alone same for bringing in other DBS characters. Whenever it does make an appearance in the main anime it will be diminished slightly thanks to Heroes.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:42 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:But the thing is Heroes still has UI in people's minds. Even if it isn't main series. Why I hate Heroes for doing that, thay have plenty of forms to f**k around with and leave it alone same for bringing in other DBS characters. Whenever it does make an appearance in the main anime it will be diminished slightly thanks to Heroes.
That's true, in fact they're even bringing in the likes of Jiren in this current Heroes saga before he's even made his reappearance in the main series.

I don't blame it for trying to be interesting but it does take away from Super.

HimuraBenny

Post by HimuraBenny » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:45 pm

I would not mind seeing Broly as a God of Destruction. He is a nice foil for Goku though, maybe once Vegeta's character arc is over (probably pretty soon tbh, hes like a really nice guy these days which is weird) we can get more of Broly as a character and what his motives are. it'd be nice if he disagrees with Goku's viewpoint of fighting to always get stronger, maybe Broly sees fighting as a vice once he gets control of his powers / gains god ki because of how little control he has had over his saiyan rage in the past.

An interesting turn of events would be if for some reason the gods come to the conclusion that Goku needs to be killed because he threatens the balance of the universe 7, maybe his mastering of UI makes him too dangerous. So as a way to mitigate a potential threat. the Gods offer goku the god of destruction role, he declines, they give it to Broly and give Broly the job of taking out Goku. Goku and Vegeta vs Broly and Beerus?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:10 am

HimuraBenny wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:45 pm I would not mind seeing Broly as a God of Destruction.
I'd forgotten I'd made this thread. I see a few that mention Broly should become the new God of Destruction but what becomes of Beerus in this situation?

Beerus is the best character they've come up with since the resurgence. What can he be possibly do if he's not a God of Destruction? Die?

HimuraBenny

Post by HimuraBenny » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:51 pm

Bullza wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:10 am
HimuraBenny wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:45 pm I would not mind seeing Broly as a God of Destruction.
I'd forgotten I'd made this thread. I see a few that mention Broly should become the new God of Destruction but what becomes of Beerus in this situation?

Beerus is the best character they've come up with since the resurgence. What can he be possibly do if he's not a God of Destruction? Die?
Beerus could retire, depending on the circumstance, say he plays with time or something. This being a kids show I can not imagine they would put in something very complex. I just think Broly is too strong not to be a candidate. If they are offering the position to Vegeta, surely Beerus might be leaving in the next 10 years, whether it is his choice or not, otherwise I think Vegeta would be too old to take Beerus’s spot.

I assume if Beerus retires, he would keep his strength, so he would be a valuable asset to the saiyans/universe 7. Beerus loves to nap and eat delicacies,I could imagine that beerus would become a tourist, half living as a commoner on earth, and then answering the call to help whenever he felt like it. I agree with the idea that Beerus has not had a full arc yet, and then would be a wasted character.

Broly himself wouldn't be an exact exchange as he and Beerus are philosophically different in many areas. Of course half of the beerus character is his handler Whis, Whis only takes care of current gods of destruction, so maybe we’d get a new character who would have to handle Beerus, like how secret service still take care of former presidents for x amount of years.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:20 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:26 pm I like the idea of Broly getting control to an extent. Give him his Super Saiyan form (and I guess keep the wrathful form around. Wouldn't bother me to fizzle it out), maybe let him get SSJ2. But then when the going gets tough or his friends are in danger, he hulks out to his Full Power form

I also think with Whis being involved, he could be somewhat interested in Broly as this was the first time (that's he witnessed) that Goku and Vegeta fused together to stop him. Cant help but think back to him grinning before the last Kamehameha
Definitely reading too much into this. I don’t think it was anything other than Whis being interested in how this fight was going to end.
How i predict the tournament will end:

uncutpokemon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by uncutpokemon » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:51 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:24 am Hell, you can go the extra mile and have him form an intimate relationship.
Cheelai or Kale? I could legit see it work with either one of them honestly.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:05 pm

Have him go completely insane and end up having to be put down.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:56 pm

uncutpokemon wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:51 pmCheelai or Kale? I could legit see it work with either one of them honestly.
He'd probably just be with Cheelai. Theres no other purpose to that character at all except for being a potential love interest.

Kale at least can get by as her own character without shoving her into a relationship with another character. In fact seeing as she's one of the few female fighters of any worth then it'd probably be for the worse.