Toei's Anime Forms

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Toei's Anime Forms

Post by wolflonnie » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:08 pm

Honestly I don't care of the out-of-story purpose of the forms, as long as they are well written and interesting. And the majority of them actually are.
SSBKK, SSBE, Infinite Zamasu and GoD Toppo make a lot of sense, are well designed and have a reason to be there.
I mean, Perfect SSB isn't as shabby, but honestly SSBKK is plain better because, as you stated, it makes a very old powerup relevant again in a logic way.
Light-Speed Mode Dyspo, yeah I don't care about that, while "Burning" Jiren and Rage Trunks, I don't like those forms very much, they feel redundant and illogic. I agree with you there that Trunks makes much more sense in the manga.
Overall I think Toyotaro plays much safer than Toei, that goes all out. Sometimes you get more in writing by daring, without overdoing it. Toei dared and got a lot of transformations right, while others, eh, not as much.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Re: Toei's Anime Forms

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:47 pm

I'd say SSJ4 was very interesting too.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.