Characters who were wasted in the TOP (potential wise)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Characters who were wasted in the TOP (potential wise)

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:18 pm

Talking about the anime version.

- Paparoni: Didn't really do anything until the fusion
- Nigrisshi: Was hyped up as a badass but went out with a casual attack from base Cabba
- Shantza: Had a neat ability but went down way too fast once he actually started doing something
- Dr. Rota: Obviously
- Tenshinhan: Didn't do much of anything
- Krillin: Had a whole mini-arc about his training and returning to form for the tournament, yet was the first from his team knocked out without getting to use many of his moves
- Bergamo: Never used his ability, went down way too easy compared to the expo fight
- Toppo: Sure, he lasted a long time, but he never eliminated a single opponent
- Kahseral: Given some hype and scenes before the tournament but barely did anything and went down easily
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Re: Characters who were wasted in the TOP (potential wise)

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:31 pm

Toppo

Damom and Gamisaras

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:38 pm

Referring to the anime versions:

-The Tuffle and Yardrat from U2
-Nigrishi
-Damon and Gamisaras
-Shantza (his ability to bring back shades of the erased universes)
-Piccolo (no team up with 17)
-Hit (kicked out too early)
-Casserol

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:47 pm

Hit and Kefla are the only ones that deserved more imo.

Hit - could've last longer
Kefla - got defeated too easily and too quickly compared to how much of unnecesary time Caulifla and especially Kale got

Others were either completely irrelevant and forgettable so didn't deserve anything more or (mostly in case of U7) simply got enough time (or too much like Roshi...)
Krillin and Tien are irrelevant so who cares about them at this point? It was obvious they will be eliminated quickly.

The reason why manga version of this arc stomps anime version is because all of the trash fighters lose quickly so we can focus on what we really want instead of watching 25 episodes of U7 fighting with bugs, waifus and robots. (although Ribrianne could've lasted slightly longer in manga)
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:49 am

I would say that hit could have had a fight with vegeta or golden frieza
but I would not rate it as wasted
probably universe 9 had designs and skills very good.
Maji Kayo the guy had a deadly bastating personality.
and universe 4 ...

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:27 am

1.) Sanka Ku/Kakunsa ~ I will Always be Proud of My Sanka for the AMAZING Battle she showed against Android 17, it was Epic and Felt Epic and she had one of the more Original, Yet Unique new styles of fighting and Looks the in the ToP!

BUT, the fact Being that she is one of the Top 3 Warriors of Universe 2, part of the 2nd Highest Universe behind U11, A Maiden and one of U2's strongest and She Gets Ringed-Out in her Debut Episode of 102!!?!? :evil: :evil:

I was Beyond Mad :evil: at Toei when this happen, such a High Profile Character of her Universe should not have gone out in her Debut Episode. I take nothing away from Android 17 and Always Respect his character, it is not about him or the match, it is Toei wasting high profile characters of other Universes Way to Soon and She should have been given a higher level of power with her status in U2. What was Toei Afraid of doing this to so many of the other Characters of other Universes is Just Beyond Lame IMO.

Kakunsa RULES, she Always Will, but Toei wasted her truly longevity and potential.

2.) Sous Roas/Rozie ~ Thank Goodness Rozie lasted far Longer and I could go into a Paragraph on how I love her Character so Much!

But the Sad thing is again of her being one of the Top fighters of Universe 2 and they could not maker her level go beyond Base or SSJ-1 level it seemed, Why?! Again, Toei being Scared for making higher level characters outside of U7 when their positions in the ToP and Universes made sense to do so. Also the way they Ringed Sweet Rozie out felt disrespectful to both her and Ribrianne. Using Ribrianne's own power to do so is IMO to perfect executed by Android's 17 and 18. Again I have allot of Respect for 17 and 18, this is not about other characters, it is about how Toei writing portrayed Rozie's last moment felt anti-climatic and very disrespectful.

3.) General Kahseral ~ He was one of the 1st recruited by Universe 11, was made into like the 2nd in Leadership to Toppo, Had a good build-up, nice veteran looking background and yet they again made another debut fight of a character from another Universe be ringed out in their debut episode, Seriously?! :x
Even more so, after All of his buildup, Being that of a Universe Spanning Veteran, a General, a Galactic Warrior no Less, he seem to barely make 17 and 18 break a sweat in their fight, which for a character of his resume and build up was like What the Heck is Toei doing here?! Make the fight between him and 17 on an EPIC level, not a breeze, it would serve both Characters Far more better showing how EPIC both can be! I just don't get Toei's fear of keeping so many other Universe fighters so Low. :yawn:

4.) Hit ~ I like Jiren allot but this fight between him and Hit was WAY to one sided. For a character such as Hit and his story and build-up to this point in DB Super Lore, to be rag-dolled around so easy was just disrespectful for what his character was built up as and for fans of his. This should have been a battle on the length of 3 episodes and writing level as Goku vs. Kale and Caulifla. In the end I could not blame fans of Hit for thinking he was still in a way in the ToP ring, it just was not the right way for one of the Top fighters many thought would be in by the end to go out.

5.) GoD Toppo ~ When Toppo went GoD Form it was like a Meteor Hit the Fandom Hard in such an EPIC WAY! GoD Toppo was the New Epic Thing and the speculation in what he would Bring to the ToP and what his effects would be sparked the imaginations of so many DB Fans, it was Amazing and Positive! :D

Huh..........Then the Next Episode Happen, Vegeta just Punched Really, Really TFS Harder at Death Haki Energy to beat it, it works and then used Friendship power, a power he never believed in before to Win against GoD Toppo and God Toppo was Ringed out with NO Eliminations to His Name?! :|

Then the Final Waste was Toppo was by story put somehow suppose to be in the wrong for using such power and giving up on Justice for the sake of his Universe's Survival?! :shock: .... :problem: .....Huh, Again Toei;
Yea Toei, Wasted Potential would be an Understatement. :lolno:

5.) Ribrianne/Brianne de Chateau ~ I have to start right out by gates by saying like the other Maidens, I am BEYOND Proud of Ribrianne/Brianne's character and arc in the ToP! She showed incredible class in her ring out, taking it as a learning experience showing character growth, showed that when she was gone her loss was not about her but about her Universe 2's well-being to she rallied them to a last stand support of the final warriors of their universe, gave the leading pray of love to give them their powers and went out fully in their beliefs of love and having no regrets. I am way proud of Brianne's character and arc in this story and the show its own words supports these points!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqEI_Kb ... dex=4&t=0s

But it has to be said, they nerfed Ribrianne's character way to badly after her Debut episodes. From her build-up by Toei, to her fighting both SSJ-1 Vegeta and Android 17 just in her base level like it was nothing, to her Status as Universe 2's GODDESS that Defends Their Universe, Toei was seemingly and clearly seemingly building up Ribrianne into being a major force in the ToP. Even many fans I meet where prediction her being one of the finalist like they where with Hit.

But then Episode 108 and beyond happen and Toei just showed how messed up their writing was as I have been hearing a decent amount of since the end of Super. In episode 108 the dialogue said about how Powerful Ribrianne was hit all the right things about Ribrianne being a force and the fight just added her strength to this, but for the life of me and others I talked after 108 debut we could not get why only Base Goku was used?!

After that Ribrianne's power just kept fluxing without due reasons and Toei's writing problems and conflicts became very clear.

Ribrianne still end-up being an Amazing Character, an Important, Powerful Lady and My #1 Favorite Always, but whether it was because Toei just wanted to Promote UI, just focus on again Mono-n-Mono Fight with Jiren like DB always ends being, was given a shorter time-frame to end the story or editorial mandate or whatever reasons, Toei to a Dishonoring Degree by their own Promotes and to Ribrianne Fans Wasted Another High Profile other Universe Fighter and an Important one at that and Wasted so Much More Higher Level Potential that could have been with Ribrianne making her and the Finals an Epic one that is was Built-up into being an all-out Free for all that we could not tell who was going to Win!

Ribrianne RULES, But Toei for Super 2.0 REALLY needs to get its Writing and Priorities in Order!
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:09 am

The Bunny girl was the most wasted fighter. Didn't show as a single feat, technique or anything and was eliminated off-screen.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:47 am

The entire Universe 10 team. They were a waste of space and time. They were all stupid, ugly, and pathetically weak. Their eliminations were all short and forgettable, perhaps the worst one was when that Zarbon wannabe was eliminated by Ribrianne of all people. After looking at those fools, I pity Zamasu even more.

The only semi-decent character in that team was Obuni, I'll admit that he put up a good fight against Gohan, and the final scene with the photo of his family being erased was sad. But that's about it.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:03 pm

Cabba: wasted both in character development & Strength improvement. Felt like a plot device plus he get the spotlight long enough to get SSJ2 & 1 personal KO then He loses to Frieza.

Hit: gets some time to shine against dyspo & the wire explosion Trooper but then turned into a hype device when fighting Jiren.

Kale & Caulifla: not having enough Unique Ki & Strike Attacks. Kale needs to develop a little more to where she could fight by herself without Caulifla being near by.

18: felt like once Krillin was gone, her relevance died down unless 17 was involved. Her only personal shining moment was knocking out Ribrianne. I wish she showed new variants of her moves and maybe use of Android Barrier like 17 did.

7/10 members of Team U11: they were made to be like Super powerful fighters but then knocked out once their gimmicks were shown.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:44 pm

Nothing will top the total mismanagement of Hakaishin Toppo. Toei had something really good going for them there, and then they piss it away in the very next episode after that forms' debut in the most shamelessly pandering moment in all of Super. (And that is really saying something)

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:53 pm

U2:
I think nobody was wasted. Maybe Vikal, but she was picked only 'cause she could fly and assist her teammates, so no big deal.

U3:
Well, here we go... Nigrisshi and Narirama were utterly disappointed, especially the former, who was supposed to have interesting powers but in the end got beat easily by Cabba. Maji Kayo was interesting, but totally wasted... why make him fight Jiren (so soon at least), of all people? Viara too, he went from standing up to Toppo and Dyspo to being trashed by 17 and 18.

U4:
I think Dercori went out too soon, she had interesting powers. Monna and Shantza too.

U6:
The easiest pick is Dr. Rota, really disappointing, even in the manga. I also think they wasted Magetta and Hit, who didn't do nothing at all. Plus... why did Hit decide to fight Jiren?!

U7:
Everyone did their best, except Krillin and Tienshinhan. The former especially, after the recruitment arc, wasn't just wasted, he was humiliated by Toei.

U9:
Nobody was wasted, they were just a bunch of fools really. But I have a question: why didn't Bergamo fight at his fullest? Oh yeah, the same reason Magetta, Hit, Maji Kayo and heck, even Majin Buu were wasted. Toei don't know how to handle these characters.

U10:
A very bad team, honestly. They even lasted more than I thought.

U11:
TOPPO, oh my god. OH MY GOD, how pitiful he was. ZERO ELIMINATIONS, even after becoming a God of Destruction itself.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:39 am

Zamasu55 wrote:U6:
The easiest pick is Dr. Rota, really disappointing, even in the manga. I also think they wasted Magetta and Hit, who didn't do nothing at all. Plus... why did Hit decide to fight Jiren?!
Because he (correctly) viewed Jiren as the biggest threat, and he (incorrectly) assumed that after that tough fight with Ultra Instinct Omen Goku, he would have relaxed his guard and allowed Hit to get a cheap shot in.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:12 pm

There are a lot of characters who could have been a lot better, but weren't.

1. Hit: He barely had enough screen-time. He had two inconclusive matches back-to-back against Goku, and instead of having a third thrilling encounter against him to finally decide the winner, or even a fight against Toppo, he is fed to Jiren. He barely has any screentime, and when he does, he is either getting his ass kicked by Dyspo or Jiren.
I don't even mind him getting fed to Jiren, but he could have had eliminated a big bunch of fodder at least stopping time and punching them down.
2. Universe 4/Quietela's mystery fighters: The payoff was quite pathetic compared to the build/hype.
3. Krillin: Once again, big buildup and no payoff. He was eliminated like a fodder, and that's not a problem. Problem is that he didn't have moments to shine, or they were very brief.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:22 pm

U7 had to many eliminations. This again goes back to the main problem of the T.o.P in the anime. Its not a battle Royale but rather just all the other universes lining up to fight Universe 7. At least let U11, U6, and U7 has somewhat equal or similar numbers of eliminations.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:20 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Hit and Kefla are the only ones that deserved more imo.

Hit - could've last longer
Kefla - got defeated too easily and too quickly compared to how much of unnecesary time Caulifla and especially Kale got

Others were either completely irrelevant and forgettable so didn't deserve anything more or (mostly in case of U7) simply got enough time (or too much like Roshi...)
Krillin and Tien are irrelevant so who cares about them at this point? It was obvious they will be eliminated quickly.

The reason why manga version of this arc stomps anime version is because all of the trash fighters lose quickly so we can focus on what we really want instead of watching 25 episodes of U7 fighting with bugs, waifus and robots. (although Ribrianne could've lasted slightly longer in manga)
That's a bad argument. How is throwing away new characters before they get any sort of characterization better than developing them a good thing? That's makes zero sense.

And you don't speak for everyone. Many people actually wanted more screen time for the side fighters from other universes. What's the point of a tournament arc if you aren't going the give the main characters' opponents are part in it? The tournament arcs from the original manga would be horrible if they were handled the way Toyotaro handled the ToP.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:02 pm

This entire arc was BADLY written. It was not a battle royale but all the universes ganging up on our main story universe.

Universe 2:
  • Prum - The guy is a living piece of clay and ALL he can do is TO BE USED as a platform to store and lauch ki blasts from?? How come this guy was even picked for his team? Weak and usless AF.
    Rabanra - I wanted him to have some neat psychic abilities, mostly shooting illusion orbs from the one on his forehead and to neutrelize his opponents with false visions. OH WELL.
    Ziroloin - Wanted him to have more of an INDEPENDANT fighting style a-la-gladiator who only by coincidence looks like General Rildo.
    Zarbuto - Last but not least, he wasn't even referring his Tsufurujin origin, and it was never explained why the heck is he dressed like a cannonball act from the circus nor what's his fighting style and power tier.
Universe 3:
  • Nigrisshi - Wasn't he supposed to be one of their major players? How come he was just kicked out by BASE Cabba??
    Narirama - Was hyped hard too as his universe's "secret weapon", only to be eliminated at the start.
    Dr. Paparoni - Where was he most of the ToP till it was his time to fight? And Why the heck is he using a CANE when it's AGAINST THE RULES?!!
    The Preecho - Oh, look a wannabe/fake/dimestore Cell mixed with Argai for Tien to use his Tri-Beam at.
    Viara - Wasn't he strong enough to tangle with Toppo at the beginning? Why was he reduced to such a BAD WRITING elimination by Androids 17 & 18 spamming him with ki blasts? LAME.
Universe 4:
  • Ganos - Why was he so weak in his showtime? He was supposed to make the likes of Super Perfect Cell look like fodders YET LOST TO ROSHI?!?
    Damon - Why wasn't he as "cool" as his bio in the hidden source code of the Toei site claimed he will be prior to his appearance? He was supposed to win fight by leaving his empty body shells at the hands/close range of his opponents which are actually strong short time-set bombs while he manages to escape to his next target (so much better Piccolo elimination than what we had got).
    Gamisaras - Why don't he have an actual design? Toei at first claimed he was Damon's twin.. Welp, I'll let it pass.
    Caway - Why is that weakling even there?
    Shantza - Same. Basically a projector of illusions for Damon to attack with the guise of his illusions. Overall: Useless as Prum.
Universe 6:
  • Auta Magetta - Wasn't utilized as was in the Champa Arc.
    Dr. Rota - Was probably created as a joke to surpass the "Yamcha meme", which is good for us Yamcha fans, but other than that? USELESS.
Universe 7:
  • Tien - One of the quick learners who has a vast arsenal of tricks, was literally reduced to rubbish. Sadly, all he now do is spam Solar Flares and Neo-Kikoho.
Universe 9:
  • Bergamo - Wasn't using his power absorbing and height growth ability which made him formidable in the Zeno Exhibiton Match.
    Sorrel - Wasn't even given proper screen time to demonstrate her special abilities (if she even has such).
    Oregano - His threads were useless, if it was a ki absorbing technique then perhaps he'd have more sympathy by me.
  • All of Team Universe 10 SANS Obuni.
Universe 11:
  • Kahseral - Wasn't he supposed to be a top gun fighter? Android 17 made him look like a dweeb.
For me it's a 30/80. And the other 50 were also proned to bad writing overall.

God Gogeta

Post by God Gogeta » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:32 pm

Piccolo, completely underwhelming considering he is the smartest in the team and his elimination too , he should have get more time than that. 17 stayed still the end why not him .
Krillin, this dude is stronger than a normal SSJ Goku in android saga, he should've done better in both cases. Maybe had a full power fight with frost or cabba then gets beaten.
Tienshinhan, strongest human mutant. But still could have taken out lot weaker characters than he did .
Gohan, manga is good anime not so much.
Golden Frieza, yeah he survived till the end, but a lot underwhelming actions like surprised taken by berserk kale in manga.
Majin Buu, the op character should have been in TOP.

Universe 4, lots of characters, more powerful characters would have been great from the universe of 2nd strongest God of Destruction.

Universe 6, Dr rota, hit,. Hit was made the victim to show off Jiren as the strongest opponent yet.
God Gogeta

BWri

Post by BWri » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:17 am

Quite a few characters really, but the worst one had to be Tien. In the lead up and the tourney itself, everyone got to do something cool, but Tien was made to look a fool at every turn. Some would say at least he got some eliminations, but this is the most watered down his character has ever been and what should legitimately be the strongest "Earthling" with the most creative and unique techniques is made to look like a one trick pony. Tien was the Vegeta of DB. Imagine if Vegeta got treated like this in a new series.

Other than that, every other universe looked pretty weak compared to U7. Just look at the elimination chart.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

BWri

Post by BWri » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:25 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Nothing will top the total mismanagement of Hakaishin Toppo. Toei had something really good going for them there, and then they piss it away in the very next episode after that forms' debut in the most shamelessly pandering moment in all of Super. (And that is really saying something)
In all honesty, Hakaishin Toppo should have been the main antagonist of the rest of the arc. When he transformed and manhandled Frieza, something changed in the show and suddenly it felt dangerous again. As good as the end of that arc was, I personally feel Toppo would have made it even better, maybe reversing the roles and betraying Jiren when Jiren lost his fighting spirit.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:09 pm

Green_Goblin wrote:This entire arc was BADLY written. It was not a battle royale but all the universes ganging up on our main story universe.

Universe 2:
  • Prum - The guy is a living piece of clay and ALL he can do is TO BE USED as a platform to store and lauch ki blasts from?? How come this guy was even picked for his team? Weak and usless AF. Like literally, he can't even use ki on/of his own.
    Rabanra - I wanted him to have some neat psychic abilities, mostly shooting illusion orbs from the one on his forehead and to neutrelize his opponents' ki sensing ability and making them drop their guard with false visions. OH WELL.
    Zirloin - Wanted him to have more of an INDEPENDANT fighting style a-la-gladiator (can shape his ki as a sheild, sword and sphere throughout his fights) and is on a SSG tier in power who only by coincidence looks like General Rildo.
    Zarbuto - Last but not least, he wasn't even referring his Tsufurujin origin, and it was never explained why the heck is he dressed like a cannonball act from the circus nor what's his fighting style and power tier.
Universe 3:
  • Nigrisshi - Wasn't he supposed to be one of their major players? How come he was just kicked out by BASE Cabba??
    Narirama - Was hyped hard too as his universe's "secret weapon", only to be eliminated at the start.
    Dr. Paparoni - Where was he most of the ToP till it was his time to fight and how can he be that powerful to survive a MAX KAMEHAMEHA by Ultimate Gohan without being vaporized? And Why the heck is he using a CANE when it's AGAINST THE RULES?!!
    The Preecho - Oh, look a wannabe/fake/dimestore Cell mixed with Argai for Tien to use his Tri-Beam at.
    Viara - Wasn't he strong enough to tangle with Toppo at the beginning? Why was he reduced to such a BAD WRITING elimination by Androids 17 & 18 spamming him with ki blasts? LAME.
    Anilaza - Why wasn't he sapient? He is consisted of 3 "sane" robots and one sane doctor who's a natural life form - was this an undone experiment in terms of programming? OR JUST A LAME WAY OF CANONIZING Janemba alongside Super Android 13, Hirudegarn and Hatchiyack?
Universe 4:
  • Ganos - Why was he so weak in his showtime? He was supposed to make the likes of Super Perfect Cell look like fodders EVEN IN HIS BASE FORM YET LOST TO ROSHI?!?
    Damon - Why wasn't he as "cool" as his bio in the hidden source code of the Toei site claimed he will be prior to his appearance? He was supposed to win fight by leaving his empty body shells at the hands/close range of his opponents which are actually strong short time-set bombs while he manages to escape to his next target (so much better Piccolo elimination than what we had got).
    Gamisaras - Why don't he have an actual design? Toei at first claimed he was Damon's twin.. Welp, I'll let it pass.
    Caway - Why is that weakling even there? Oh right, to make Master Roshi look "good/cool/strong" and to have another sexual harassment "joke".
    Shantza - Same. Basically a projector of illusions for Damon to attack with the guise of his illusions. Overall: Useless as Prum.
Universe 6:
  • LSSJ Kale - Why was there a need of REHASHING THE DBZ MOVIE 8 "KAKAROT" SCENES? She could've been so much better without being a darn copy of the Original Broly to the core.
    Auta Magetta - Wasn't utilized as was in the Champa Arc. His magma/lava spit and ability to heat his surroundings could ring out at least 1/3 of the contestants.
    Dr. Rota - Was probably created as a joke to surpass the "Yamcha meme", which is good for us Yamcha fans, but other than that? USELESS.
Universe 7:
  • Tien - One of the quick learners who has a vast arsenal of tricks, was literally reduced to rubbish. Sadly, all he now do is spam Solar Flares and Neo-Kikoho, even at darn weakling Frieza soldiers - how shameful.
    Krillin - Why did they even hyped him SO BADLY before this arc? For just one episode? I lost ALL MY SYMPATHY for this character, who WAS MY FAVORITE ONE WHILE GROWING UP WITH DRAGON BALL, in this arc. I feel sorry for his voice actors worldwide, 80% of his text in this arc is PATHETICALLY screaming "GOKUUUUUU!!" or "18!!!!". Such a waste of talent and character, in-universe and out-universe.
Universe 9:
  • Bergamo - Wasn't using his power absorbing and height growth ability which made him formidable in the Zeno Exhibiton Match.
    Sorrel - Wasn't even given proper screen time to demonstrate her special abilities (if she even has such).
    Oregano - His threads were useless, if it was a ki absorbing technique then perhaps he'd have more sympathy by me.
  • All of Team Universe 10 SANS Obuni.
Universe 11:
  • "God of Destruction" mode Toppo - Why was he held in place by mere Kachi Katchin rocks when he have Hakai energy? Oh, right, to make that forced upon us Android 17 the MVP.
    Jiren - I had so much optimism for his origin story before it was revealed to be a copy+paste of Batman's one.
    Kahseral - Wasn't he supposed to be a top gun fighter? Android 17 made him look like a dweeb.
For me it's a 35/80 (43.75% of the fighters in the tournament). And the other 45 were also proned to bad writing overall.
Here is my full thought about the Tournament of Power, was after a 6+ hours journey so wasn't as fresh and sharp as I wanted to be back in the original post.