Was God Ki a Mistake?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

TobyS
Advanced Regular

Re: Was God Ki a Mistake?

Post by TobyS » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:02 pm

If everyone got god ki and it narrowed the gap back to boz levels or even closer that'd be rad.

If everyone could be red tier and goku as blue was SS1 compared to their base that'd be OK.

If God tier was confined to a ritual that'd be cool.

If it wasn't saiyan only.

If freeza couldn't get to that level without it....

So many ways it could be fixed/good but it mostly isn't...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

sunsetshimmer
Advanced Regular

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:41 pm

God ki was pretty cool. Then Frieza appeared and everything went to straight garbage until end of series.
They basically turned entire god ki idea into just power boost. Having god ki didn't matter after BoG arc. Everyone could fight on par with Goku & Vegeta, even some randoms from tournament of power.

The same thing kinda happened with UItra Instinct although it still remained partially faithful to its concept. What was wrong here is that UI shouldn't give ANY boost to power and Jiren shouldn't be that strong, but just very skilled and fast. Hit would be much better case for Goku to use UI.
Rarity is the best pony
Pan-chan is the best saiya-jin

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:49 pm

Mago_Gosora wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:30 pm
I think god ki as a completely separate type of ki is a clever concept. But I think god ki as just another level for just anyone to attain makes it boring. I don't think it should be so easy to obtain, nor do I think it should be as temporary as they've made it like one can just summon it from nowhere.
The anime is a little more detailed when telling that story. God ki comes from heart/soul. It went away at first because Goku didn’t understand the concept. He got only the special sense used by gods, which can catch that energy signature directly from the souls. Whis taught Vegeta how to develop that sense and both him and Goku to be in contact with their inner souls, thus resulting in them being able to access its energy at will. It’s not very different from sensing ki, but it’s knowledge is far more restrict.