"Dragon Ball Super" Manga UK Home Release Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Manga UK Home Release Thread

Post by PremiumSalt » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:48 am

That looks...really nice actually. If FUNi released something like that in NA I might consider double dipping on Super.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

LostTimeLord
Beyond Newbie

Post by LostTimeLord » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:53 pm

Zavvi has the Collector's Edition at £50 more than the standard one. That can't be right, can it? The only significant difference is an art book. Either way, the landscape box looks like it's be annoying to actually keep on the Blu-ray shelf (my guess: the book and art cards each go behind the first two digipacks to fill the box.)
Still, that regular edition is very good value (for an anime) and the box looks nice enough. Pretty sure I'll end up grabbing that and selling my Parts 1-3. Based on Zavvi's images, it looks like the digipack spines will be numbered as Sagas 1-3, 4 & 5.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:39 pm

I decided to purchase the Complete Series Collector's Edition, even though I already own all 10 Parts because Manga UK have come a long way with their packaging for Dragon Ball products and I wanted to reward them so hopefully more sets like this will be made in the future.

Anyone on the fence should check out Ajay's video, lots of nice art in this set.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup: