"Dragon Ball Super" Manga UK Home Release Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Manga UK Home Release Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:04 pm

No9tro wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:51 am
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:18 am Part 7 delayed until September:

Part 9 scheduled for December.

Another Broly release in October.
Dangit I wanted to spend my money now

Where is the Broly release though? I don't see it in their schedule
Oh. They've removed the listing. Guess it was an error then. Bizarre.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:29 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:04 pm
No9tro wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:51 am
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:18 am Part 7 delayed until September:

Part 9 scheduled for December.

Another Broly release in October.
Dangit I wanted to spend my money now

Where is the Broly release though? I don't see it in their schedule
Oh. They've removed the listing. Guess it was an error then. Bizarre.
Damn, was thinking my prediction of a Broly Quadruple Feature may have came to fruition.

Was hoping to get Part 7 sooner but its no big deal. Glad I decided to support the Manga UK releases, been liking their covers a lot more than Funimation lately, although I'd still like to see Caulifla and Pink for Part 8.

On a side note, been noticing a lot of releases like Adventure Time, Samurai Jack and Bojack Horseman slated. Not to mention there's also been Power Ranges sets. Seems Manga UK is branching off from being exclusively an anime distributor. Could be part of the reason Funimation bought them.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

LostTimeLord
Beyond Newbie

Post by LostTimeLord » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:39 pm

8 and 9 artwork from Anime-on-line:
Seems a shame to remove Jiren when he's the main villain.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:41 am

LostTimeLord wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:39 pm 8 and 9 artwork from Anime-on-line:
Seems a shame to remove Jiren when he's the main villain.
That is upsetting, Roshi didn't really do anything worth remembering in the anime's ToP. The last two parts with Jiren on a black background and UI Goku with a silver/white background would look so cool :thumbdown:

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:11 am

Is there a list of all Dragon Ball stuff released by MangaUK? :think:

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:31 am

mute_proxy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:11 am Is there a list of all Dragon Ball stuff released by MangaUK? :think:
So far we've gotten:

DVD:

Dragon Ball Seasons 1-5
Dragon Ball Z Seasons 1-9
Dragon Ball Z Season 1 Parts 1-6
Dragon Ball Z Kai Seasons 1-4
Dragon Ball Z Kai The Final Chapters Parts 1-3
Dragon Ball Super Parts 1-9
Dragon Ball GT Seasons 1-2
Dragon Ball GT Complete Series
Dragon Ball Z Broly Trilogy
Dragon Ball Z Battle of God's
Dragon Ball Z Resurrection F
Dragon Ball Super Broly

Blu-Ray:

Dragon Ball Z Kai Seasons 1-4
Dragon Ball Z Kai The Final Chapters Parts 1-3
Dragon Ball Super Parts 1-9
Dragon Ball Z Movie & Specials Double & Triple Features
Dragon Ball Z Battle of God's
Dragon Ball Z Resurrection F
Dragon Ball Super Broly
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:49 am

Ah, so the only thing they haven't released yet is the original movie collection. Well that's a shame

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:06 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:49 am Ah, so the only thing they haven't released yet is the original movie collection. Well that's a shame
The packaging leaves a lot to be desired, also (compared to the US one).

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:34 am

mute_proxy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:49 am Ah, so the only thing they haven't released yet is the original movie collection. Well that's a shame
I too was disappointed they released the Z movies but not the OG DB movies, but honestly if you want them to release the collection just request it. I own the movie 4-pack but I sent them a message on Facebook saying they should consider releasing it because I'd love to buy it from them to support a UK release.

If Manga UK putting out Kai TFC has proven anything it's that they will release a set of enough people make their voices heard.

Thing is that most of Manga UK's previous DVD releases are ported over from Madman, and Madman didn't author movie 1 uncut (their collection contains Sleeping Princess, Mystical Adventure and Path to Power). Obviously Manga are owned by Funimation now but only time will tell how that will or won't affect their future releases.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:00 pm

Anyone ever received an incorrect item from base.com?

Just got Part 8 today but they sent me the DVD version when I ordered the Blu-Ray. It's still in shrink wrap, I have the receipt it came with and a printed label with the barcode for returning items.

I presume I won't need to pay for shipping, even from Ireland. The general post office in Dublin can scan barcodes so hopefully it will be ok.

jrdemr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jrdemr » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:15 am

Just to confirm: there's no green tint (or any other major issue) in these releases, right?

And by the way, do we still get all of the correct terms we used to have on the subtitles before Steve was forced to use the Funi spellings in the Broly movie (e.g. "Freeza" instead of "Frieza")?

LostTimeLord
Beyond Newbie

Post by LostTimeLord » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:05 pm

Other than Broly, Manga's Super releases (or at least Parts 1-3) are the Funimation discs with as little modification as possible, even to the point of keeping Funi's trailers for stuff Manga doesn't have. And that was before Funi purchased Manga.

The colours seem correct to me. The subtitles use the 'Japanese spellings', though the episode titles and credits are rendered in English with the dub spellings.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:21 am

Part 10 (the last one) will be released on January 20th :clap:

http://www.mangauk.com/the-manga-entert ... -and-more/

LostTimeLord
Beyond Newbie

Post by LostTimeLord » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:00 pm

Broly's been added to Netflix UK with Japanese audio only (5.1 though). There are no subtitles, which I hope they plan on fixing soon. It also opens with the Lionsgate logo, which wasn't there before, was it?

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:25 pm

Lionsgate, huh?

I guess they still haven't forgotten the time they distributed the BLT DB dub.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:19 pm

https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/1196132141521874945

The cover art with Roshi wasn't official apparently :thumbup:

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:25 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:19 pm https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/1196132141521874945

The cover art with Roshi wasn't official apparently :thumbup:
That's a shame, I was actually happy with the Roshi cover, I also preferred the contrast between Rishi's colours and the light gray. The Jiren cover feels a bit bland by comparison, guess it goes with his boring personality.

Anyway, I'm happy that Manga UK seem to have went with a lighter shade of blue for Part 10. It helps Ultra Instinct stand out more.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:03 am

I've now seen volume 9

So far I hate TOP arc.

- Basically 2 episodes in they tell us it'll be Jiren Vs Goku as the the only fight to care about so 99% feels like filler

- random fights with little story and god's making commentary. Haven't we done this a lot in super?

- ultra instinct I don't like the transformation , don't like it's just auto dodge , don't like how random it was.

- Roshi is now on the level of big bads because he's been holding back till now? Gee glad he thought cell and buu were so insignificant he didn't need to get involved. Really makes rewatching those better.

- frieza and frost "team up" but we only see them together for 5 minutes before it's no longer a thing

- the damn clock "19 minutes left" 1 episode later "17 minutes left" some felt frieza blowing up namek was silly with clock but this is worse as we focus on people resting and chatting and commentating that it makes it ridiculous

- 17 is now as strong as Goku because he fought human poachers ? Wtf.

I have a feeling last boxset in February won't change my mind. This arc is bad and most of supers been bad Imo as it's lesser versions of the movies , tournament , ruining future trunks story , tournaments. In between we had copy vegeta which was fun as it's the only arc that has a plot , isn't a rehash or tournament.

Is it bad this shows made me appreciate GT way more ? Lol also rewatching z kai and the story is so damn good. What went wrong on super to make it just fights in tournaments with no real structure

Like look at Cell at saga in steps

1 introduction to future trunks , frieza returns for that trope of showing how new enemy is stronger. Twist he's vegetas son from the future!

2 we meet the androids , Goku looses as heart virus but vegeta is now super!

3 PLOT TWIST! not the androids trunks warned about

4 real androids emerge and twist they have another with them

5 PLOT TWIST they aren't the true villians there's a bigger threat Cell

I could go on but you can see how great that's structured ,now compare that to Goku black as both future trunks stories. And yeah ..... It's not structured anywhere near as tight or powerful. Hell cell saga ends with hope for future as Gohan saved us. Goku black ends with a button press that calls Zen-Oh and erases the future trunks fought so hard for on Z.

I think I'm actually frustrated with it as a whole. Maybe it's just me though.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:12 pm

Why'd they push a month forward with the release :(

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:20 am

https://twitter.com/zavvi/status/130651 ... 89025?s=21

Here's something for anyone who hasn't bought any Super yet to be excited for.