DB Anime Vs. Manga Goku: Whose Stronger/Tactical? Win A DeathBattle?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

DB Anime Vs. Manga Goku: Whose Stronger/Tactical? Win A DeathBattle?

Post by Nokra » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Jack Bz
Regular

Re: DB Anime Vs. Manga Goku: Whose Stronger/Tactical? Win A DeathBattle?

Post by Jack Bz » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:25 pm

In super specifically? Depends on kaioken and if the manga's full power super saiyan blue is the same as the anime's regular blue.

Though manga Goku knows how to hakai. Could be OP

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:34 pm

Anime Goku would destroy manga Goku.

- Anime can perform SSBKKx10 in U6 arc. Later Goku is shown to be able to overpower Hit without KK, suggesting a x10 increase power-wise compared to his U6 arc strenght.
- In the same range of time, manga Goku has just managed to get Perfected Blue, which is only able to fight a much weaker Merged Zamasu than the anime version of the character (due to Future Zamasu being much stronger in the anime). Anime Goku can briefly incapacitate that stronger Merged Zamasu with SSBKK.
- Anime Goku later shows he can perform SSBKKx20, and the same form gets stronger and stronger as Goku progresses the tournament. He also shows, multiple time, strategy and intelligence when fighting.
- Manga Goku hasn't shown much new except a power stressed Perfected Blue and nothing much in terms of strategy and intelligence. The power stressed form doesn't accomplish anything.

Overall, manga Goku has hakai over anime Goku, but hasn't progressed as much, power-wise, at all, which would make hakai useless.
I honestly also think anime Goku has a very fair chance of being able to defeat manga Beerus with just SSB.

Raimundo

Post by Raimundo » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:04 am

wolflonnie wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:34 pm Anime Goku would destroy manga Goku.

- Anime can perform SSBKKx10 in U6 arc. Later Goku is shown to be able to overpower Hit without KK, suggesting a x10 increase power-wise compared to his U6 arc strenght.
- In the same range of time, manga Goku has just managed to get Perfected Blue, which is only able to fight a much weaker Merged Zamasu than the anime version of the character (due to Future Zamasu being much stronger in the anime). Anime Goku can briefly incapacitate that stronger Merged Zamasu with SSBKK.
- Anime Goku later shows he can perform SSBKKx20, and the same form gets stronger and stronger as Goku progresses the tournament. He also shows, multiple time, strategy and intelligence when fighting.
- Manga Goku hasn't shown much new except a power stressed Perfected Blue and nothing much in terms of strategy and intelligence. The power stressed form doesn't accomplish anything.

Overall, manga Goku has hakai over anime Goku, but hasn't progressed as much, power-wise, at all, which would make hakai useless.
I honestly also think anime Goku has a very fair chance of being able to defeat manga Beerus with just SSB.
This is where I’m at. Hakai is nice for manga Goku but if their power is comparable or if Anime Goku is stronger I don’t see Hakai doing much. Anime Goku does have the better combat feats as well as well as better feats of combat IQ.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:41 am

This topic doesn't deserve its own post, it belongs on the vs. thread or strength discussion.

Also Hakai GG.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:13 am

goku anime >>>> goku manga, facts blueken

and goku showed in the tournament real tactics against jiren with energy grenades.