Would you guys like a “canon” Shadow Dragon Arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Would you guys like a “canon” Shadow Dragon Arc?

Post by sintzu » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:33 pm

Gokitalo wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:03 amEven though Dragon Ball has "looked back" a bit with Super and its preceding films, we've gotten a lot of new things too.
We have, but it's been held back by the old material. For example, we get a villain from U10 in Zamasu but instead of having the arc set in U10 where we can get introduced to new characters and concepts, it's stuck in Trunks' timeline.
anubisj wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:19 pmI pray to Kami/Piccolo/whoever is listening that broly super is the last recycled stuff we see going forward.
According to a recent rumor, the anime will return with a very fan service-y arc. It's just a rumor but based on Super's track record and Broly's success, I think it's pretty likely.
sunsetshimmer wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:51 pmWhat is with all you people that want old things becoming canon so much? What difference does it make for you?
If people like the old things so much then why not just go back and watch it ? Broly's first movie still holds up pretty well, same goes for other fan favorite "non Toriyama material" such as Cooler's first movie and GT's Baby arc (Minus episodes 3-24).
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:08 pm

sintzu wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:33 pm If people like the old things so much then why not just go back and watch it ? Broly's first movie still holds up pretty well, same goes for other fan favorite "non Toriyama material" such as Cooler's first movie and GT's Baby arc (Minus episodes 3-24).
Episodes 1-22 are part of Black Star saga, just saying, even though those two are kinda connected with each other since when Baby saga starts, Goku and others still look for BS dragon balls in space.

Other than that, i agree. There was absolutely no need to bring Broly and especially Gogeta into DBS when potara fusion got retconned and they won't stay fused forever as Vegito. And Broly doesn't add anything to main story anyway, unless they plan to use him later which i hope won't happen other than maybe a short cameo.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:23 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:08 pmEpisodes 1-22 are part of Black Star saga, just saying, even though those two are kinda connected with each other since when Baby saga starts, Goku and others still look for BS dragon balls in space.
GT isn't the easiest show to get through so one way to do it is to simply skip parts of it. I know it wasn't the way it was supposd to be seen but continuing after ep2 in order will most likely result in it being dropped before Baby arrives on earth.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.