So how do we explain Good Buu faring so well against Moro in the latest Manga Chapter?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

So how do we explain Good Buu faring so well against Moro in the latest Manga Chapter?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:31 pm

I mean, i get that apparently his magic doesn’t work on Buu for various reasons (even though that makes no sense aswell) and that Buu has near infinite stamina, can regenerate and can withstand heat and stuff. I.e. his body is “unique”.

But there’s no reason why he shouldn’t be this “strong” all of a sudden. There is, or well, there SHOULD be, a clear power difference between the two. Keep in mind that Moro was able to overpower SSJ God Vegeta. And that was BEFORE he absorbed their, aswell as the whole planet’s energy. After absorbing that he powered up so much, that he literally became YOUNGER. More ripped, and the size of his beard massively reduced in size. Needless to say, this version of Moro SHOULD be above SSJ Blue level. So even IF his magic abilities don’t work on Buu. The power difference should still be too high.

Keep in mind that the Good Buu that we know, is around (if not) weaker than SSJ3 level. In the Battle of Gods Arc of Super, Majin Buu was nothing against a heavily suppressed Beerus. And it was at this point that Super Saiyan God was needed. It fared MUCH better against Beerus than Majin Buu did before that.

So why the change in power?

Ofcourse we could come up with several theories. Such as 1: That Majin Buu trained. Which still shouldn’t put him at that level. And we also know he never trains, except before the ToP Arc arrived.

Or 2. Which is a better explanation, somehow, obtaining all of the Dai Kaioshin’s memories, Buu’s power increased massively and he now even has all of his abilities on top of it.

Yet this was never explained! This chapter didn’t explain a thing regarding that. That’s the whole problem. Toyotaro is as bad as Toei when it comes to explaining things sometimes. So now we all have to come up with personal headcanon theories.

What do you think? What is your theory?

Let me know in the comments below.
Last edited by GodVegetto91 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
Banned

Re: So how do we explain Fat Buu faring so well against Moro in the latest Manga Chapter?

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:44 pm

The way I understand it is that Moro's power comes from his magic so if it doesn't work on Buu then it puts him at a disadvantage.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Bullza
Banned

Re: So how do we explain Fat Buu faring so well against Moro in the latest Manga Chapter?

Post by Bullza » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:55 pm

Well like I told someone else, when I read the chapter, without really even thinking about it, I just naturally assumed that Buu had obtained the Grand Supreme Kai's old power.

Which would probably explain it but nothing actually suggests that at all so I don't I why I thought that way.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:51 pm

Maybe Buu gets stronger when he sleeps? iirc, his backstory is, he cycles through rampaging and hibernation. This may have something to do with him sleeping a lot in Super, and maybe he gets stronger from it? idk though.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:13 pm

You simply don't. The next chapter will explain that.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:10 pm

To be fair, Moro was absolutely overwhelmed by Blue Vegeta, and wasn't actually on par with God as well. It was his magic that gave him an edge, since it was the planet's life force (actually magma) doing the job for him - Vegeta couldn't touch it directly, after all. Buu not having that problem because of his regeneration makes sense, actually.

That said, yes, it feels a little strange, but so far the chapter has been the best of the arc to me (with exception to the Merus wank scene, which I'm not a fan of, but whatever), so I'm willing to wait it out. Maybe as Bullza said, Buu is channeling the Daikaioshin's original power, since he's pretty much took on his personality as of right now.

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:19 pm

Those same thoughts were running through my head too, but I'm hopeful the next chapter will provide answers. I do wonder if the passive magic in Buu's body somehow messes with the extra strength Moro acquired through his own magic.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:19 am

magic and familiarity

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: So how do we explain Good Buu faring so well against Moro in the latest Manga Chapter?

Post by Lionel » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:07 am

I'm partial to the idea of Buu's regression hypnosis ushering forth Dai Kaioshin's shoki and yuki. Problem is, it doesn't account for him being able to physically pose any kind of threat to Moro. Maybe the simple explanation of the memory restoration giving him all of Dai Kaioshin's power and strength is where the answer to this question actually lies. I don't know what else it could be. You would think that Buu's Majin physiology would prove to be incompatible with Kaioshin power. It doesn't appear to be the case here.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: So how do we explain Good Buu faring so well against Moro in the latest Manga Chapter?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:04 am

I thought the Dai Kaioshin's power serves as a kind of Kryptonite factor to him.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:15 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:04 am I thought the Dai Kaioshin's power serves as a kind of Kryptonite factor to him.
It did before when he and Kid Buu were the same being. South Kaioshin's power somehow didn't work counterintuitively despite being cut from the same cloth as Dai Kaioshin. The various Buu iterations and how they came to be divided into two separate beings has always been a bit confusing to me anyway. I think Good Buu/Fat is supposed to be represent the diffused Kaioshin components except with the flesh, power, and essence of Majin imbibing them. Can we guess as to how they're working in his favour now?

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:08 pm

Was it ever addressed if Buu trained or not before the ToP in the Manga? I know there wasn't the "Zen Exhibition Match", but in the anime, he did train and was able to ring out Goku in their little spar when he was skinny.

Other than that, it's most likely to do with Moro's magic not affecting him. We don't really have a gauge of how strong Moro really is since he's not physically fighting and was sapping Goku and Vegeta's energy throughout the fight and basically had them both on the defensive

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:07 pm

Miracles wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:13 pm You simply don't. The next chapter will explain that.
Yeah, I really hope Toyotaro doesn't leave us hanging like this.