Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Cure Dragon 255
I Live Here
Posts: 3456
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6uxhtzLEKQ

Alejandro Graue (A voice actor from Argentina) just confirmed it!!!
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:I will not be satisfied until my pessimism crushes your spirit.
90sDBZ wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm
19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Danfun64
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1222
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:29 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Post by Danfun64 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:07 pm

OK, first of all, why? Not counting Kai as derivative of Z, there hasn't been multiple Latino Spanish dubs of anything DB since Zero y El Dragon Magico and the subsequent redubs of DB episodes 1-60 by Producciones Salgado and the first and third DB movies by Intertrack... at least, AFAIK.

Second of all, does anybody have any confirmation on whether the LaboPrime dub of Super Broly uses the Funimation script or a fresh translation of the Japanese?

Third, and most importantly, what is the script of this new dub like? Does it use the established Latino terminology?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Tian
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 827
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Post by Tian » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:07 pm

Man, I can tell he's really happy to be part of it.

As I mentioned in the Latin American dub thread, Graue always wanted to be part of something DB.

He even said he would ask Lalo Garza for a role :lol:

The destiny sure works in a mysterious way.

Not only he got a role in DB but he got cast as the main character of the movie.

Now he's our Argentinian "Romeu Vala", not only because of he's younger than the character he plays but also because he has a good voice range. That Ricardo Brust impression was amazing.
[Enter a cool signature here]

Tian
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 827
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Post by Tian » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:21 pm

Danfun64 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:07 pm
Second of all, does anybody have any confirmation on whether the LaboPrime dub of Super Broly uses the Funimation script or a fresh translation of the Japanese?

Third, and most importantly, what is the script of this new dub like? Does it use the established Latino terminology?
1) Well, the movie was translated from Japanese by Brenda Nava but the trailers were translated from FUNi. It's evident because in one of the trailers, Freeza says "Hola simios" (Hello monkeys), something you can expect from FUNi Freeza, instead of "Mucho gusto" (Nice to meet you / Yoroshiku). There's also the fact that Nava confirmed she didn't translate the trailers:
https://twitter.com/fujiwaraheian/statu ... 9552047104


2) The dubbing director of the Argentinian redub just confirmed on Twitter they used the FUNi dub but he adapted the script consulting the original Mexican dub and the Japanese version:
https://mobile.twitter.com/gonnartworks ... 5455998976
[Enter a cool signature here]

Danfun64
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1222
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:29 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Post by Danfun64 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:00 am

So if I get what you're saying, the original dub has a better script... good.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

User avatar
TheRed259
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1177
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Post by TheRed259 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:56 am

When is this redub coming out? And how will it come out? On TV, on DVD, digital?

Tian
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 827
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Post by Tian » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:37 pm

TheRed259 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:56 am
When is this redub coming out? And how will it come out? On TV, on DVD, digital?
No idea. Not even the dubbing cast and crew know about how and when this will be released.

There are currently two theories about the release:
• The first one is from the voice actors who think this will be an dub for airlines since the official Mexican dub has been released in cinemas and digital format and it's definitely the dub that will be aired on TV.

• The second one is from some fans who think this will be a SAP dub for the U.S TV airing of the film.
It makes sense because the distributor gave FUNi audio/video and script to this redub's dubbing studio. That would mean that the distributor of this redub is FUNi and they produced this dub because they didn't want to pay for the rights of the original Mexican dub.
[Enter a cool signature here]

Tian
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 827
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Post by Tian » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:51 am

I've got good news.

The dub was premiered today on premium TV channel Starz at 4:17am through SAP.
[Enter a cool signature here]

Danfun64
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1222
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:29 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Post by Danfun64 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:50 am

...let me guess. The bad news is that nobody thought to record it... or verify that that was the dub in question.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Tian
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 827
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Post by Tian » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:02 am

Danfun64 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:50 am
...let me guess. The bad news is that nobody thought to record it... or verify that that was the dub in question.
No bad news at all.

Someone fully recorded it and even shared two voice samples (here's Whis: https://doblaje.fandom.com/es/wiki/Arch ... _SPA-2.ogg).

We have to wait for tomorrow for more samples.
[Enter a cool signature here]

wjbraden
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Post by wjbraden » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:12 pm

Tian wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:51 am
I've got good news.

The dub was premiered today on premium TV channel Starz at 4:17am through SAP.
Is this Starz in Latin America, or the US?

Also, it's things like this that make me wonder how many lost dubs are out there that only aired through SAP audio channels... :think:
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

User avatar
Cure Dragon 255
I Live Here
Posts: 3456
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:20 pm

USA. Its a miracle anyone even KNEW it aired there.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:I will not be satisfied until my pessimism crushes your spirit.
90sDBZ wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm
19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

wjbraden
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Post by wjbraden » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:31 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:20 pm
USA. Its a miracle anyone even KNEW it aired there.
Just saw it on the TV listings now, looks like it's airing several times this weekend. Yeah, talk about a close save.

Still, I wonder what the purpose of making an entirely separate dub of the film when they could have just used the Mexican one. Maybe something to do with 20th Century Fox owning the rights to the film in Latin America?
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

User avatar
Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 784
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:23 pm

wjbraden wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:31 pm
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:20 pm
USA. Its a miracle anyone even KNEW it aired there.
Just saw it on the TV listings now, looks like it's airing several times this weekend. Yeah, talk about a close save.

Still, I wonder what the purpose of making an entirely separate dub of the film when they could have just used the Mexican one. Maybe something to do with 20th Century Fox owning the rights to the film in Latin America?
But that doesn't make sense, 20th Century Fox owns all the rights internationally so they still had to go through them to get this redub.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

wjbraden
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Post by wjbraden » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:54 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:23 pm
wjbraden wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:31 pm
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:20 pm
USA. Its a miracle anyone even KNEW it aired there.
Just saw it on the TV listings now, looks like it's airing several times this weekend. Yeah, talk about a close save.

Still, I wonder what the purpose of making an entirely separate dub of the film when they could have just used the Mexican one. Maybe something to do with 20th Century Fox owning the rights to the film in Latin America?
But that doesn't make sense, 20th Century Fox owns all the rights internationally so they still had to go through them to get this redub.
From what I'm reading, the film is only distributed by 20th Century Fox's Japan and Latin American divisions, and in the US it's distributed by Funimation Films, which is a subsidiary of Sony. As 20th Century Fox is now a subsidiary of Disney, who is a direct competitor of Sony, this may be why Funimation couldn't use the Mexican one that was distributed by 20th Century Fox for a Spanish-language track. I guess, I'm no pro in the particulars of how these international licensing and rights agreements work. :?
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

User avatar
Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 784
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:11 pm

wjbraden wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:54 pm
Gafonso6 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:23 pm
wjbraden wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:31 pm

Just saw it on the TV listings now, looks like it's airing several times this weekend. Yeah, talk about a close save.

Still, I wonder what the purpose of making an entirely separate dub of the film when they could have just used the Mexican one. Maybe something to do with 20th Century Fox owning the rights to the film in Latin America?
But that doesn't make sense, 20th Century Fox owns all the rights internationally so they still had to go through them to get this redub.
From what I'm reading, the film is only distributed by 20th Century Fox's Japan and Latin American divisions, and in the US it's distributed by Funimation Films, which is a subsidiary of Sony. As 20th Century Fox is now a subsidiary of Disney, who is a direct competitor of Sony, this may be why Funimation couldn't use the Mexican one that was distributed by 20th Century Fox for a Spanish-language track. I guess, I'm no pro in the particulars of how these international licensing and rights agreements work. :?
Licensin and distributiom are very different things. 20th Century Fox holds the license for Dragon Ball movies (or at least the new ones) everywhere except Japan, that's why their logo appears in every international release of this movie, which means that they still had to go through them to get the license. Just to give a further example, the reason DBS: Broly wasn't picked up sooner in Portugal was because only one distributor here shows movies that are licensed by 20th Century Fox and they had doubts that the movie was going to be a success in Portugal, while other distributors wanted to distribute the movie here but couldn't.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6348
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Post by sangofe » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:52 am

Tian wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:02 am
Danfun64 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:50 am
...let me guess. The bad news is that nobody thought to record it... or verify that that was the dub in question.
No bad news at all.

Someone fully recorded it and even shared two voice samples (here's Whis: https://doblaje.fandom.com/es/wiki/Arch ... _SPA-2.ogg).

We have to wait for tomorrow for more samples.
Tomorrow went and passed...

Tian
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 827
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Post by Tian » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:44 am

sangofe wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:52 am
Tian wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:02 am
Danfun64 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:50 am
...let me guess. The bad news is that nobody thought to record it... or verify that that was the dub in question.
No bad news at all.

Someone fully recorded it and even shared two voice samples (here's Whis: https://doblaje.fandom.com/es/wiki/Arch ... _SPA-2.ogg).

We have to wait for tomorrow for more samples.
Tomorrow went and passed...
It is a long story...

Turns out the person who recorded the dub had some problems with the recording:
* He recorded the dub through DVR and something called TVGO.
* His DVR, for some reason, only recorded the video.
* On the other hand, the TVGO thing could record the audio but only the beginning of the movie (till Whis' part) because the signal went off shortly after.

He said he would fully record it with no problems in the Starz Kids reprise that was aired last Sunday and here we are... Tuesday and no updates.
[Enter a cool signature here]

Tian
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 827
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: Dragon Ball Super Broly Argentina Redub!

Post by Tian » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:36 pm

Clips of the dub:
https://youtu.be/Gws0CbFq47A (Goku, Vegeta, Bulma, Beerus, Whis)
https://youtu.be/qZNakY_Uoag (Broly, Cheelai, Lemo)
https://youtu.be/rqrVOsqncrU (Bardock and Gine)
https://youtu.be/-v79jkxC_5E (Freeza, Cold and King Vegeta)
[Enter a cool signature here]

Post Reply