Zeno ranked as strong enough to defeat Thanos

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Zeno ranked as strong enough to defeat Thanos

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:41 pm

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-featu ... eat-thanos

Saitama (One Punch Man)
Zeno
Cardcaptor Sakura
All Might (My Hero Academia)
Madoka Magica

Sound fair to me. Tough when it comes to fighting ability, I'd say Goku, Jiren or Vegeta would be a better choice.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Zeno ranked as strong enough to defeat Thanos

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:25 pm

Depends if you mean movie or comic version. And why is Saitama above either of them? Madoka also has the power to change reality on a universal scale, so why is she ranked lower than All Might? Makes no sense.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:34 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:25 pm Depends if you mean movie or comic version. And why is Saitama above either of them? Madoka also has the power to change reality on a universal scale, so why is she ranked lower than All Might? Makes no sense.
No ranking was in the link, just a list of five heroes. In terms of ability I guess Madoka would rank above them all, or at least on tier with Zeno.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:12 pm

Were they just picking one character per franchise? If so, Zeno is a pretty safe bet. I'm sure Goku probably could beat Thanos, but I wouldn't trust him not to let Thanos gather the six infinity stones first so he'd be the best challenge. Then he'd get snapped into dust.

I don't know enough about Sakura or Madoka, and Saitama is a given, but All Might? Not buying it. Even at full strength, the dude's only super strong by Earth standards. He doesn't have anything that would put him over the line if Thanos had at least one stone.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:53 pm

What, no Kami-Tenchi? I am appalled! The heathens!

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed May 08, 2019 10:57 pm

Well, Thanos needs an infinity gauntlet and the gems... Zeno is literally a walking infinity gauntlet.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu May 09, 2019 2:28 am

Take the Gauntlet away and pretty much any character from Dragon Ball Z would paste him.

Raditz is on a whole different plateau compared to Thanos.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu May 09, 2019 4:49 am

Bullza wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:28 am Take the Gauntlet away and pretty much any character from Dragon Ball Z would paste him.

Raditz is on a whole different plateau compared to Thanos.
I hope you're talking about the movie version...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 09, 2019 7:45 am

Xeztin wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:57 pmZeno is literally a walking infinity gauntlet.
More like "a walking tiny fragment of Reality or Power Stone". Zeno can only erase Universe, the Infinity Stones can do that and much more.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu May 09, 2019 11:59 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:45 am
Xeztin wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:57 pmZeno is literally a walking infinity gauntlet.
More like "a walking tiny fragment of Reality or Power Stone". Zeno can only erase Universe, the Infinity Stones can do that and much more.
He's more like a walking Ultimate Nullifier, as all he can do is erase things.

Of course the comic IG > comic UN >>>> Zeno >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Movie IG.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu May 09, 2019 1:21 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:49 am I hope you're talking about the movie version...
Yeah I stopped reading comics a long time ago.

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Thu May 09, 2019 2:11 pm

Zeno isn't "strong", he's essentially a magician that can phase whatever he wants in or out of existence. Seems like a boring pick, if you ask me. Him vs Thanos with or without Infinity Gauntlet would be stupidly dull.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 09, 2019 3:03 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:59 amHe's more like a walking Ultimate Nullifier, as all he can do is erase things.

Of course the comic IG > comic UN >>>> Zeno >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Movie IG.
Yeah, forgot about the Ultimate Nullifier, that also reminds of Anihilaarg, which can also erase an Universe. Them both "describe" Zeno more properly.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Mon May 13, 2019 12:39 pm

All Might? Really?

Btw, comic Thanos w/ Infinity Gauntlet is basically God on a universal (NOT Multiversal, mind you) scale. So anyone capable of destructive power beyond a universe would be beyond him.

Zen'Oh, in the sense he can casually erase an entire multiverse and SURVIVE the erasure, would beat him. God Madoka might match him. Kami Tenchi would destroy him. Etc. But any "mere" physical fighter would be slaughtered - even if Goku with UI, Jiren, Broly or the Gods had more raw power than the full potential of the Power Stone, there is still nothing suggesting they can survive the other powers of the Gauntlet, but that is a flaw within the DB universe itself.

Regular comic Thanos, tho, is more in line with planetary destroyers like Freeza. When faced with Odin, their battle started destroying galaxies left and right, buuuuut he never showcased that level of power again as far as I know. He did recently held his own against a Dark Phoenix host tho, which are infamous for destroying planets just by plowing through them. And then became even stronger iirc

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon May 13, 2019 8:38 pm

Nah, the Ultimate Nullifier was able to destroy and recreate a multiverse of infinite universes, and an incomplete IG (missing the reality gem) was able to easily reverse it. Thanos was only interested in ruling one universe, that's why the Living Tribunal didn't intervene, but when Adam Warlock had the gauntlet the Tribunal stepped in to take it from him because he was a danger to the multiverse. It's way beyond universal. Even weaker beings like Kubik and Kosmos were able to warp the multiverse as a side effect of fighting, and they both admitted that the Celestials were infinitely more powerful than them, but all of the Celestials combined couldn't do a thing to Thanos when he had the IG. There was also that Malibu comics arc (not sure of the canonicity though) where only 2 or 3 of the Infinity Gems were sending reality warping waves not only across the infinite multiverse but beyond it into the omniverse.

At least, that's the way it was portrayed in the 90s. I guess there are some more modern comics that show it being less powerful, but I just chalk that up to the restrictions that the Tribunal put on it.

Thanos in base has also beaten cosmic beings like the Maker and Tyrant, and survived a universe collapsing while being inside of it. Of course like most long running comic characters he has inconsistent showings that don't compare to that. What really makes him dangerous though are his mind powers, and all of his other hax powers. He's not just a brute, he's like the Silver Surfer, Professor X, and Superman all rolled into one. But, like I said, inconsistent showings. He's not losing to Raditz, though, that's for sure.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu May 16, 2019 11:28 pm

Saitama can beat movie thanos quite easily, as saitama should be casually a planet buster. But all might? Naaaaah

Comic thanks without the gauntlet is around silver surfer level. With the infinity gauntlet, he is stronger than the abstract at the time, which they were around multiverse level (they currently embody the entirety of what is the marvel reality, which is a retcon that boosted their hierarchy)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 16, 2019 11:58 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:28 pmWith the infinity gauntlet, he is stronger than the abstract at the time, which they were around multiverse level (they currently embody the entirety of what is the marvel reality, which is a retcon that boosted their hierarchy)
Even though there hasn't been any official statement about their "power level" so far, I'm pretty sure Eternity (Megaverse) is stronger/in a higher position in the hierarchy than the Living Tribunal. Which consequently makes the Infinity Gauntlet bearer be way below Eternity (Megaverse).

~ Day of the Machines ~

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri May 17, 2019 12:32 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:28 pm Saitama can beat movie thanos quite easily, as saitama should be casually a planet buster. But all might? Naaaaah

Comic thanks without the gauntlet is around silver surfer level. With the infinity gauntlet, he is stronger than the abstract at the time, which they were around multiverse level (they currently embody the entirety of what is the marvel reality, which is a retcon that boosted their hierarchy)
In the comics Thanos is consistently shown to be much stronger than the Surfer, to the point of no-selling his strongest blasts at point blank range and beating him to death with his bare hands. When they both fought Odin, Surfer went down in one hit, but Thanos forced the skyfather to use real effort.

Also LT governs the omniverse so I don't see how any version of Eternity could be above him.

Then again, comic writers do love their senseless retcons.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri May 17, 2019 12:41 am

Living Tribunal governs the Multiverse actually, from within Eternity (Megaverse). I'm gonna use the same example/idea based on an explanation Al Ewing gave to the existence of Eternity (Megaverse):

Think of your body, each of your cell is a Universe (Eternity), the Living Tribunal governs that. But can you say that Living Tribunal governs you (Eternity Megaverse)? You encompass all your cells, the only perspective you can get from this is that Living Tribunal is but an "agent" inside your body. Does this "agent" rule over you?

~ Day of the Machines ~

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Fri May 17, 2019 11:44 am

Zeno could just erase thanos or any marvel character if they came to the dragonball universe. Hes the strongest and can't be defeated after all so he one shots every trash marvel character.