Am I The Only DB Fan Who Likes Jiren?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Re: Am I The Only DB Fan Who Likes Jiren?

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Thu May 30, 2019 5:06 pm

I think he looks cool.

Matchstckgmr

Post by Matchstckgmr » Thu May 30, 2019 6:22 pm

Nokra wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:04 am I think I may be the only person in this entire fandom who thinks Jiren "The Grey" is a cool character. It seems no one else likes him besides me which is fine because I always seem to like things everyone hates like DB: Evolution, Spiderman 3 and Zamasu. So my question is am I the lone Jiren fan or are there others? :?:
I like Jiren sure he has his issues like anything else but I don't hate him. I don't like DB Evolution but I do like Spiderman 3 and Zamasu. I am sure we will get more on Jiren later either in the manga or in the anime when/if it comes back. Then again Dragon Ball does not develop its roaster very well certainly not on the level of DC or Marvel. Its mostly only like characters we are gonna see in every arc/saga.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri May 31, 2019 6:56 pm

No you definitely aren't and only a loud minority dislike him.

Jiren represents the basics of Dragon Ball as he simply trained to get stronger and continues to do just like other characters.

Jiren design and personality being plain and simple is what makes him work and also memorable compared to others.

The standard grey alien being the strongest is typical Toriyama.
ankokudaishogun wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:42 pm
Dbzk1999 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:43 pm
Isn’t the bolded essentially what Toppo was? At least in regards to his debut appearance and fight against Goku?
Which was the original personality thought by TOEI for Jiren.
But then Toriyama told them Jiren was Batman, so they recycled his personality for Toppo-
That was a very good decision. It makes sense for the 'leader' to have that personality even if Jiren is basically in charge. It made their interactions better overall in the tournament.

Spencer_23
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Spencer_23 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:17 pm

I didn’t mind him. He was cool but I felt the personality was a bit lacking. Granted if we get more screen time with him eventually that may improve