Would fights feel less limited in the space?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Would fights feel less limited in the space?

Post by Tai Lung » Sun May 19, 2019 2:19 pm

Despite the fact that the power levels increased a lot in namek arc, the fights were always carried out on the earth or another planet, despite the danger that it represented, which makes me think that it would not feel so bad if the fights were given more often in outer space
and while there are some characters that can not live without oxygen there are others that can.
it could have been interesting to see the fight of beerus and champa of the manga in the anime.

mahakaishin1991

Re: Would fights feel less limited in the space?

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun May 19, 2019 3:06 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:19 pm Despite the fact that the power levels increased a lot in namek arc, the fights were always carried out on the earth or another planet, despite the danger that it represented, which makes me think that it would not feel so bad if the fights were given more often in outer space
and while there are some characters that can not live without oxygen there are others that can.
it could have been interesting to see the fight of beerus and champa of the manga in the anime.

Why though? There's nothing in space to offer until we start having characters who can throw planets. You're just going to have goku his an asteroid rather than a mountain/plateau. Characters might as well be fighting in space anyway because they hover in the air and slug it out with beams. A lack of atmosphere wont change that.

A scenery change sure. But it will still play out in the same sort of fashion until we get things like air supply

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun May 19, 2019 3:16 pm

Only if space debris is used for hiding. Even then I don't want every fight being in space.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Sun May 19, 2019 4:12 pm

Are you asking this because you want feats like characters breaking apart space? Goku and Beerus already did that when they fought each other at the beginning of super.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun May 19, 2019 7:45 pm

Realistically, space is very empty. There would be nothing much to see. The manga fight between Beerus and Champa had the planets and such ridiculously close together, which is usually what ends up happening when you want to write fights in space with environmental damage.

As for 'breaking apart space' (assuming you mean ripping holes in the fabric of spacetime), you don't need to be in space to do that. Gogeta and Broly did it in the movie and their fight was on Earth.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon May 20, 2019 1:41 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:45 pm Realistically, space is very empty. There would be nothing much to see. The manga fight between Beerus and Champa had the planets and such ridiculously close together, which is usually what ends up happening when you want to write fights in space with environmental damage.
Well, beerus and champa destroying planets to blows would look pretty cool in the anime.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon May 20, 2019 3:12 pm

You can get a glimpse of Beerus and Champa fight in Dragon Ball Heroes, they animated it.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 20, 2019 5:14 pm

Because there is a lot of space in space.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Wed May 22, 2019 8:02 am

To be fair, a fight like Broly's would benefit from being in space. Beerus x Champa showed very well what happens when opponents at that level fight without bothering to control themselves. Planets were being destroyed left and right. SS Broly should have accidentally destroyed the Earth when he first transformed.

The only problem is that neither Goku nor Vegeta can breathe in space, sooooo.......

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Murjin » Fri May 24, 2019 5:49 pm

If done right it would be epic.

Crashing into planets and stars. Flying around black holes and causing supernova explosions. It's the next level in fights. Bound to happen one day.

Don't forget Dragon Ball Online .... Vegeta and Goku's final fight in space. :think: :think: :think: I wonder if Dragon Ball Super will ever touch upon that story.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat May 25, 2019 10:13 pm

Broly’s fight in the movie would extend all the way to the sun, but instead someone opted to use that alternative dimension. I think fights in the space give a larger sense of going overboard. That’s usually the first place I think when I imagine two Gods fighting.