Moori, Esca and Polunga

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

zamasuthebest

Moori, Esca and Polunga

Post by zamasuthebest » Tue May 21, 2019 12:03 pm

In the original manga when elder wise died, Polunga disappeared instantly and the dragon balls immediately became stones.
-----------------
In DB Super chapter number 48, Cranberry has killed Moori but Polunga has continued to exists.
After he granted the 3 wishes, the seven dragon balls scattered all around the world, just like always.
How in the world is this possible?
Many people say it's because Moori transferred his powers to Esca but there is no statement that can prove this.
But let's assume that this is true: it is logical to transfer the powers to a helpless and weak kid considering that some evil guys are seeking for dragon balls?
Temporary self destruction of dragon balls would have been the best solution I think, in order to prevent that evil guys that to state their wishes, even more now they know the existence of Shenron and Super Shenron .

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Moori, Esca and Polunga

Post by Koitsukai » Tue May 21, 2019 2:05 pm

It does sound better to just let the DB disappear if evil forces were trying to collect them. I don't remember if the namekuseijin knew in advance that Moro was coming, if they didn't then Esca received the DBs before this arc began and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Also, doesn't matter if there isn't a statement that supports Moori passing on his powers to Esca. We never got a direct comparison between Buu and Puipui but we don't really need one, we can fill in the blanks on our own, there isn't another way to be in charge of Polunga.
If Esca is in charge among hundreds of namekuseijin and the DBs are around, then it's safe to assume that he received that honor from an Elder and was probably chosen over others.
Helpless weak little kid? doesn't all Dragon Clan Namekuseijin fall into that description? Moori and Saichoro were helpless and weak too, so is Dende. DBs were never given to the strongest fighters. There must be an advantage in having a young namekuseijin in charge of the DBs, they did gave us Dende who then went and made an even better Shenron.

Although the best thing to do would be to take just one dragon ball to another planet, so you'll never find all 7 on Namek.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue May 21, 2019 2:15 pm

I just took it as he was mortally wounded by the blast but didn't die till after the wish was made.

Piccolo had time to chat to Gohan after getting blasted by nappa.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue May 21, 2019 2:47 pm

It can [possibly will] get explained away next chapter, why the Dragonballs didn't disappear when the elder Namek died.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:47 pm

I’m thinking that Moori only died after the wish was made.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Omori
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omori » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:27 am

Yeah, that's exactly what it looks like.
Either Moori transferred the Polungas power to Esca or he died after the wishes were made.
I don't expect any plot hole here, Toyotarou will give us an explanation soon.