What happend to Funi's 5.1 mix for Broly?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DHM211
Advanced Regular

What happend to Funi's 5.1 mix for Broly?

Post by DHM211 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:24 am

As an english dub fan this is really annoying to me because the dub mix for this movie sounds like crap. I really don't understand what went wrong here.

I watched Broly a bunch of times, but this weekend was the first time watching it with headphones on, and watching it right after rewatching Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F'. After seeing these 3, it really dawned on me how terrible the 5.1 English mix for this movie is. Funimation's 5.1 English mix's sounds fine for Super's episodes, so what gives with this?

It’s a shame that a movie this beautiful can’t have fantastic audio quality to match it. Has anyone tried fixing it? I tried lowing the base and upping the treble in audacity(I finally settled on -7 for the bass +1 for the treble), and while it does sound better, it's a superficial fix, and leaves the audio sounding kinda flat.

I recall a few years back someone was able to fix Funimation's horrendous audio mix for the Kai TFC Blu-Rays. Has anyone attempted something similar for this?

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: What happend to Funi's 5.1 mix for Broly?

Post by tinlunlau » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:21 pm

I think the English dub 5.1 track sounds fine. In fact, a lot better than the Japanese track on Funi's release. Too much treble on the Japanese track.
The world is your's.