Broly ranked by CBR as most berseker self-destructive anime heri=o

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Broly ranked by CBR as most berseker self-destructive anime heri=o

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:18 am

https://www.cbr.com/anime-characters-ov ... -consumed/

Well, his berserk transformation was epic, no doubt about it. But I don't think a Saiyan has nearly destroyed himself from power overload as far as I know.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Broly ranked by CBR as most berseker self-destructive anime heri=o

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:02 am

CBR? Isn’t that the YouTube channel that pulls stuff out of their ass for their videos?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:51 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:18 am Well, his berserk transformation was epic, no doubt about it. But I don't think a Saiyan has nearly destroyed himself from power overload as far as I know.
I think they are talking about characters whose power overwhelmed themselves. Broly is a fine example, because he can’t control his actions in that state. Self-destructing is an entirely different matter.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:50 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:18 am But I don't think a Saiyan has nearly destroyed himself from power overload as far as I know.
The most prominent Saiyan of the series did. Twice, in fact.
The thing is, he did so via kaioken rather than any Super Saiyan transformation.
First time, however, he didn't exert his body so far that he was at risk of killing himself; just crippled himself during a dire moment. Still, if he kept that going, he (or at least his heart) would've likely exploded.
Second time, he threw his ki out of whack and even that still had a 10% chance of success according to the man himself, despite Super Saiyan Blue being ideal for using kaioken.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.