Dragon Ball Super: Broly English Audio remix (wip?)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Dragon Ball Super: Broly English Audio remix (wip?)

Post by DHM211 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:03 am

Funimation, in addition to releasing a green tinted version of Broly (which wasn't entirely their fault, but nonetheless), also managed to mess up their mix for the English Dub. While the Japanese mix sounds pristine and clear, the Funimation English mix is far too low and has the bass boosted wayyyyy too much.

Taking advice from OmegaRockman (who is responsible for fixing Funimations mix for their DBZ Kai: TFC blu-rays) I also checked to make sure that all the tracks from the 5.1 audio mix were synced properly, and it seems like the second to last audio track was ever so slightly out of sync.

Some messing around in audacity and this is what I was able to get. Let me know if theres anything you guys think needs to be improved upon.

Comparison between Funimations mix and my "remix": https://mega.nz/#!wKYUnKBa!piJEh0QM_r3f ... UqXQyzFt5g

Original Japanese (for the sake of it): https://mega.nz/#!ZeY1AYQJ!FdH5sT39Ile1 ... bc4_k3vYXM

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Broly English Audio remix (wip?)

Post by PremiumSalt » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:20 pm

I don't have the best ear for these things, but as far as I can tell yours sounds much clearer.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.