New info regarding evil Boo keeping magic powers

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

ahill1
Regular

New info regarding evil Boo keeping magic powers

Post by ahill1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:23 pm

Speaking about the recent arc of the DBS manga, led by Toyotarou, we got an information regarding Boo and Dai Kaioshin's Magic powers. In it is stated that when Good Boo split into Evil Boo, he ought to have lost his magic powers for this evil Boo.

Dai Kaioshin's Magic is seen as relevant enough to seal off Moro, but we haven't seen magic being actively used in hand to hand battles as far as I can recall. It resembles more Mutaito's technique that sealed off Piccolo Daimao. It's a S.O.S against way more powerful opponents.

Does this change our view of the Boo saga in regard to the Boo's hierarchies though? I've read fans saying that it implies Boo increased his powers when absorbing Dai Kaioshin as I've seen other fans saying it lends credence to the belief that Kid Boo is the most powerful Boo. Thoughts? Does this change something?
Last edited by ahill1 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: New info regarding evil Boo keeping magic powers

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:24 pm

I think that even though Buu had that magic at that time, he lacked the knowledge to use it, so it was ultimately irrelevant.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:27 pm

It might be. The only thing Fat Boo (before splitting) did that I'd associate with magic is his beam that transforms people into whatever he wants. But apparently he can use that even after splitting, as seen in his failed attention to turn Kid Boo into candy. Kid Boo didn't show moves that I'd associate with magic or anything alike.

Lionel
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Lionel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:48 am

Buu's magic in this recent arc outside of the attempted yet unseen sealing technique strikes me as being more stimulative of existing actions rather than being a visually and mechanically arcane externalised force. I interpret it as having a lack of influence in the Buu arc in the much same way I feel Gohan had lost half of his power against Cell -- i.e the mental aspect or element behind the character wasn't properly "aligned" or working for them to harness their powers. In Gohan's case it was his lack of confidence while for Buu his lack of memory and knowledge on how to use these magical abilities.