Lets discuss! Super Saiyan Vs Ultra Instinct...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Lets discuss! Super Saiyan Vs Ultra Instinct...

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:48 pm

In the latest manga chapter Merus revealed that Ultra Instinct is Super Saiyan “inverted”. Meaning that the trigger for Ultra Instinct is the exact opposite of the one for Super Saiyan. It also revealed that the key to unlocking UI is by immediately gaining complete control over your negative emotions WHILE you’re going through them! While SSJ is just giving in to your anger.

What do you guys think?

And what do you guys think of Merus? And his knowledge? Do you think he’s an Angel or in either case somehow related to them?

Let me know your thoughts!

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Lets discuss! Super Saiyan Vs Ultra Instinct...

Post by Lionel » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:38 pm

It's like a state of psycho-emotional equilibrium right? No anger, no frustration, no aggression, or anything really. Since this new description has come out, what I'm thinking now is could this be artificially replicated? Maybe a psychotropic that can induce such a state. It sounds awfully like Gero's cyborg program and Bulma's blutz wave emitter but why not use technology and biologics to make yourself competitive? Goodness knows you're not likely to see anyone else except Goku going through the motions of acquiring Ultra Instinct the natural way with the current writers.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:12 pm

Just 1 reply guys????!

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:13 pm

I think Merus is a little Gary Stu however the whole thing of forgetting about distractions was already something that whis had explained before ... the only thing really new is maybe that he has some connection with super saiyan ...

but according to the author, anger is not necessary to be super saiyan ....

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:25 pm

Lionel wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:38 pm It's like a state of psycho-emotional equilibrium right? No anger, no frustration, no aggression, or anything really.
no, the way it's has been described is "Feeling emotions, but not being swayed by them"

It's a similar concept to the Meikyōshisui of Kendō.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:23 pm

Ultra Instinct is most likely inspired in mushin no shin. A real life thing that Bruce Lee seemed to have.
Bruce would refer to it - Be like water. There's some videos about that on youtube.

I really love Ultra Instinct concept, because its connected to martial arts and it's a breath of fresh after so many SSJ transformations.I don't like the mastered version though. The sign version is much better, because it doesn't give another hair color to Goku and sometimes less is more. The mastered version also makes it feel like a transformation, when it was supposed to be a technique.

As for Merus, I don't like anything about him to be honest. Toyotaro seems dedicated to make him as cool as he can, but he's just bland for me.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.