What if all Angels are absolute masters in “spirit control”?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

What if all Angels are absolute masters in “spirit control”?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:47 am

And that’s why they have such insane abilities?

Yes, i know. Yardratians can utilize it too, to an extent. And they are very weak.

But i’m making the case that Angels have fully maximized the potential of spirit control. Also, they obviously must have been born with an exceptionally high level of battle power.

I have a feeling that this spirit control is able to unlock any ability in existence. Including instant transmission, kaioken, magic stealing immunity, god ki, the ability to survive in space like the Gods, Angels, Kai’s, Moro, Freeza, Cell and Buu, and the ability to massively increase your life span to become somewhat immortal (immune to aging, like all the Gods have) i.e. eternal life! and even ultra instinct! And much much more ofcourse! Anyway, this is ofcourse my own theory.

So what if Vegeta will be able to unlock and fully master Ultra Instinct? THROUGH mastering spirit control...

He would finally be superior to Goku once and for all.

Afterall, this is exactly what Whis’ entire training has been all about. “Ki-control”.

And the reason why Moro is a “magician” that can utilize all this “magic” is because he can utilize some spirit control too.

Afterall, it’s all science buddy!

There is no secret undefinable stuff called “magic” as it is currently understood (something undefinable and without explanation). Absolutely EVERYTHING must have a rational explanation, even if that explanation is an incredibly complex one.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What if all Angels are absolute masters in “spirit control”?

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:23 pm

I still don't understand well why the insistence on wanting to separate the "spirit" and "ki" already know that they are the same, this is not bleach.

Vegeta is not interested in the UI so he will look for his own way one thing is not linked with another.

it depends ... everything we already know today is about ki ... I really doubt that something has changed at least is not the case of goku who has more mastery of techniques.

Vegeta himself has created his own offensive techniques with Ki ... but by not having so many masters he is more limited, however everything he goes to learn from Vegeta in the future will be based on Ki so it is not clear how it will work with moro ...

magic=/=ki

it's obvious that all angels should have that ... or god ki

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:21 pm

Didn't Zamasu already prove that?
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:40 pm

There doesn't seem to be a true consistency between Ki-control during battle and extra magic-like abilities.

If we would assume magic is in direct correlation with higher Ki-control, how come Goku and Vegeta in their highest forms (Blue, UI ..) didn't gain something additional beside a higher power level / more advanced fighting skills in conventional martial arts combat? UI is an advanced technique, but it comes down to a powerboost for Goku at the end. They were trained by Whis for extended periods so they should have gained extra abilities if there were a consistent correlation between power, spirit control and magic. It's odd Goku had learned teleportation from the Yardrats, while Goku and Vegeta didn't learn something additional from Whis (Vegeta didn't even learn teleportation) other than God-Ki and UI, which are basically powerboosts.
This while a being as for instance Moro wasn't that powerfull from the start, but did had some extended magical features to begin with, before his power level began to rise. Babidi was even very weak, but did have some advanced magical skills as well.

The angels however seem to have both: very powerful and skilled in combat, as well as a wide range of extra magical abilities.
I don't think everybody can learn anything in the Dragonverse only by advanced spiritual learning. There is something that could be called "gift" which defines what a being can ultimately reach.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:06 pm

I look at it like this. Spirit control = all that Dragon Ball s*** we couldn't explain before. Mystical s*** that's not at the god-level. Four witches, multi-form, gigantification, and afterimage (which I always just thought was extreme speed and technique). I see the Instant Transmission, Shunkan Ido, as an extension of those types of techniques. So essentially Vegeta is set to pull from the Dragon Ball bag. This mastery of spirit based mysticism has successfully allowed the Earthlings to keep up with the other vastly powerful aliens and was the one piece missing with Vegeta's overall arsenal. It's honestly, outside of mindset, what separates him from Goku fighting wise. Saiyan physiology + Earth based martial arts and spirit control = broken. I do hope he prioritizes techniques other than those we've seen in early DB. Seeing him do multi-form or gigantification would make me sad.

I'm sure, as master level fighters, that the Angels are to some degree at least familiar with these concepts. Although in the ToP, many of them were surprised at some of the Earth based techniques (in the anime) so IDK.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-