A couple or one sided romance?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: A couple or one sided romance?

Post by JulieYBM » Sat May 30, 2020 11:11 am

God wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:06 amShe's a fictional character
Phew, for a minute there I thought she was a real human being and thus I could hurt her feelings with my--let me check my notes--joke about her and Caulifla making whoopy.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat May 30, 2020 11:13 am

God wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:06 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:50 am Plenty of people use the words "bro" and "sis" in my school.
Kale isn't from your school though. She's a fictional character who had her horrible life saved by Caulifla who took her in, and now Kale views her as an older sister and is extremely grateful for what she's done. Kale calling Caulifla "sis" is her showing respect and also how Kale views Caulifla, as a sister.

Anything else is just your own sick fantasies of wanting to see incest in Dragon Ball :sick:
I don't even ship Caulifla x Kale, I am a proud Blamasu shipper (aka Black x Zamasu). :thumbup: Just giving my two cents on why I believe you are overthinking the meaning of "sis". It doesn't imply incest.

God
Banned

Post by God » Sat May 30, 2020 11:15 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:11 am
God wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:06 amShe's a fictional character
Phew, for a minute there I thought she was a real human being and thus I could hurt her feelings with my--let me check my notes--joke about her and Caulifla making whoopy.
I accept your concession.
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:13 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:50 am Plenty of people use the words "bro" and "sis" in my school.
Kale isn't from your school though. She's a fictional character who had her horrible life saved by Caulifla who took her in, and now Kale views her as an older sister and is extremely grateful for what she's done. Kale calling Caulifla "sis" is her showing respect and also how Kale views Caulifla, as a sister.

Anything else is just your own sick fantasies of wanting to see incest in Dragon Ball :sick:
I don't even ship Caulifla x Kale, I am a proud Blamasu shipper (aka Zamasu x Black). :thumbup: Just giving my two cents on why I believe you are overthinking the meaning of "sis".
That's just Selfcest though :think: at least you're not one of those Caulifla x Kale shippers who support incest.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Sat May 30, 2020 2:20 pm

If Kale and Caulfila aren't even related (which you admitted) then how the hell is them getting together incest? Your argument is dumb lol.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat May 30, 2020 2:25 pm

God is trolling and doesn't care about doing anything but making fun of women and women-loving women. Just add him to your Ignore List.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sat May 30, 2020 10:42 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:06 amWho's "they"?
"Them".

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun May 31, 2020 2:46 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:42 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:06 amWho's "they"?
"Them".
I don't see the relevance, I'm afraid...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

AlexFili
Beyond Newbie

Post by AlexFili » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:58 am

Yeah I would say they are the female equivalent of "bros". Not sure if there is a word for that.
Either way I love these characters and hope they will be in the show for a long time in the future.
=
Singer, Swordfighter and Livestreamer

Like Dragonball Z: Legendary Super Warriors for GBC? Check out our Wordpress site which contains all the Character Focus articles and Let's Play Video Links! http://legendarysuperwarriors.wordpress.com/
=

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:33 pm

AlexFili wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:58 am Yeah I would say they are the female equivalent of "bros". Not sure if there is a word for that.
Either way I love these characters and hope they will be in the show for a long time in the future.
The clinical term is 'massively gay'.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:22 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:31 pm I think Caulifla is a little dense when it comes to romance but if she knew how Kale felt she'd happily reciprocate. "Oh, wow, why would a girl with your prospects like me?"
This.

Though, at the same time, I'm fairly certain that Caulifla's density to romance isn't exactly unique considering what Saiyans are like. If anything, Kale's the odd one there.

It's one thing I don't often see brought up in these shipping threads, gay and straight alike, like how Super!Broly must be gay for Goku. I mean, we all accept that Namekians are canonically asexual and aromantic; why is it so hard for us to accept that Saiyans don't care for romance or sex to an almost gunmetal level of stoicness?
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:31 pm

Anime: One-sided romantic feelings from Kale for Caulifla, but Caulifla still loves her like a sister.

Manga: Basically adopted family crew.

I can see how some of Caulifla's lines can read like MAYBE it's reciprocated in the anime, but it's not enough to say definitively for most people.