Reason for Goku Black's Power Up after fighting Goku the first time

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Reason for Goku Black's Power Up after fighting Goku the first time

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:28 pm

The reason is that Zamas’ mind syncs better with Goku’s body the more he fights against a strong opponent, that’s what he said when he was testing his new fighting stance, which in turn is a demonstration of Zamas unlocking his own potential. Nothing too complicated.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:50 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:50 pm I wonder what the precise reason for Black being more powerful than Goku and Vegeta was. I think it might have been due to the fact he had been fighting a lot more than Goku and Vegeta had after he first fought Goku. The manga suggested that the Saiyan Power was the reason.
Plot.

That’s the real reason. Any “in-universe” explanation for it will be incomplete and leave holes. But not the out of universe reason of “the writers want it to be this way”.

As for an in-universe reason, the answer is simple. Goku’s body was new for Zamasu, and thus, so was its Saiyan Power (Zenkai), while Goku and Vegeta have been in their own bodies for their entire lives (50+ years). Thus their Zenkais have GREATLY deminished, especially since they have unlocked a large number of Super Saiyan transformations, including the God forms. While Goku Black didn’t even know how to turn Super Saiyan 1 at the beginning of it!

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:11 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:50 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:50 pm I wonder what the precise reason for Black being more powerful than Goku and Vegeta was. I think it might have been due to the fact he had been fighting a lot more than Goku and Vegeta had after he first fought Goku. The manga suggested that the Saiyan Power was the reason.
Plot.

That’s the real reason. Any “in-universe” explanation for it will be incomplete and leave holes. But not the out of universe reason of “the writers want it to be this way”.

As for an in-universe reason, the answer is simple. Goku’s body was new for Zamasu, and thus, so was its Saiyan Power (Zenkai), while Goku and Vegeta have been in their own bodies for their entire lives (50+ years). Thus their Zenkais have GREATLY deminished, especially since they have unlocked a large number of Super Saiyan transformations, including the God forms. While Goku Black didn’t even know how to turn Super Saiyan 1 at the beginning of it!
Hmm yeah good points.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.