Why isn't Piccolo as strong or even stronger than Android 17 currently is?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Kiyoharu

Re: Why isn't Piccolo as strong or even stronger than Android 17 currently is?

Post by Kiyoharu » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:48 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:16 pm
If anything it just shows how incompetent they are. Goku in his base form is leagues ahead of Krillin, there was never a need for him to transform into anything, much less his Blue form. What's next, is he and Vegeta going to go Blue just to play a game of baseball... :lolno: Logically speaking, no amount of holding back would prevent Krillin from being turned into a stain on the ground. I'm by no means a power level person, but even I expect some form of logic to be followed.
There are even worse things in Dragon Ball Super.

Smokes Grenades >>>> Black & Zamasu.

LMAO.

Tai Lung
Advanced Regular

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:15 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:16 pm
Tai Lung wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:49 pm
If it makes you feel better ... the writers have clearly said that goku is contained in those battles...
If anything it just shows how incompetent they are. Goku in his base form is leagues ahead of Krillin, there was never a need for him to transform into anything, much less his Blue form. What's next, is he and Vegeta going to go Blue just to play a game of baseball... :lolno: Logically speaking, no amount of holding back would prevent Krillin from being turned into a stain on the ground. I'm by no means a power level person, but even I expect some form of logic to be followed.
it doesn't necessarily show that they can control their ki to the point that that's possible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_OT-ahaYbQ
baseball game is a gag episode as is the episode goku and piccolo getting their driving license that episode everyone loves even though piccolo and goku can barely to hold a School bus

The Monkey King
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by The Monkey King » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:10 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:08 pm

the kaioken does not have to be illogical ... frieza was about 20 times stronger than "goku base" in the manga and so the fight worked well because he was contained
Why in the world would Beerus go out of his way to fight SSJG Goku in the first place then?
Beerus wanted a physical challenge but the Kaioken x 10 scene in the Universe 6 Tournament means that BoG arc SSJG Goku couldn't have been 10% as strong as Beerus.
It also contradicts the line where Beerus stated he used 10% of his power against rage boost Vegeta and Toriyama's original BoG power scale of SSJG Goku = 6, Beerus = 10 and Whis = 15.

It's a retcon and lousy writing to give us kaioken fan service and the expense of consistent story telling, which was one of DBS' biggest problems throughout its run.
and the other user is wrong because vegito is stronger than trunks rage
Pretty sure Asspull Spirit Bomb Sword Rage Trunks is stronger than SSJB Vegito.
garfield15 wrote:"Now Goku, we shall have our Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Movie 14, now available on DVD and blu-ray!"
http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww11 ... wesome.gif

Tai Lung
Advanced Regular

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:20 pm

The Monkey King wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:10 pm
Tai Lung wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:08 pm

the kaioken does not have to be illogical ... frieza was about 20 times stronger than "goku base" in the manga and so the fight worked well because he was contained
Why in the world would Beerus go out of his way to fight SSJG Goku in the first place then?
Beerus wanted a physical challenge but the Kaioken x 10 scene in the Universe 6 Tournament means that BoG arc SSJG Goku couldn't have been 10% as strong as Beerus.
It also contradicts the line where Beerus stated he used 10% of his power against rage boost Vegeta and Toriyama's original BoG power scale of SSJG Goku = 6, Beerus = 10 and Whis = 15.

It's a retcon and lousy writing to give us kaioken fan service and the expense of consistent story telling, which was one of DBS' biggest problems throughout its run.
not necessarily because beerus and whis lie about their powers depending on the situation either not to reveal information much of them, as for example whis is stronger
however many were misinterpreted ... because a lot was changed from movie to anime
in the anime beerus says "it has been a long time since I use 10% power" and with a fingertip he defeats vegeta then he says "I had more fun with the saiyan from the planet kaio" if the fingertip is his 10 % I do not see it contradictory given the mocking way of showing it leaving vegeta unconscious. in the anime nothing is mentioned about 70% which is logical because the series was going to continue
not really because it remains the same as the original series script, goku used the kaioken x20 against frieza 50% and did not defeat it. in both cases their interest was sparked because they could not believe that there was such a strong Saiyan and he was the first mortal to face him and give him some fun in years either because of the prophecy or that this Saiyan promised to become stronger.
were the reasons to leave him alive
The Monkey King wrote:
trunks was never able to do this with zamasu

Why did he win? zamasu's regeneration was failing, because is half mortal as gowasu explains

Kiyoharu

Post by Kiyoharu » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:33 pm

The Monkey King wrote:
Yep, Super Mary Sue Trunks is stronger than SSB Vegetto.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:24 am

Tbf, you could make the argument that Vegito significantly weakened him, but it's still bullshit that Trunks was able to do that
My interpretation of the Dragon Ball Canon

Kiyoharu

Post by Kiyoharu » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:34 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:24 am
it's still bullshit that Trunks was able to do that
Everything Trunks did in that arc was bullshit.

Nothing in the Future Trunks arc makes sense.

Lionel
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Lionel » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:04 pm

I actually wouldn't have minded seeing Krillin surpass Base Goku. Dragon Ball has been a nonstop eulogisation of the Saiyans and their boundless potential since the Cell arc after Piccolo "reached the end of his road" by fusing with Kami. You could make the argument that the Freeza arc had laid the groundwork for this glorification with its rehashing of zenkais and the harping on of the as-of-yet-unseen Super Saiyan transformation. No other Z-fighter has had any proper paving of their journey since mid-way through the Cell arc.

Pertaining to the Future Trunks arc, that plotline was rife with out-of-nowhere power creeping and questionable strength interactions but that's been going on since the Freeza arc. Super appears to have stretched it even further out past the boundaries of what one might expect.

Tai Lung
Advanced Regular

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:24 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:24 am
Tbf, you could make the argument that Vegito significantly weakened him, but it's still bullshit that Trunks was able to do that
it is like saying that goku base destroyed kid buu but goku ssj3 did not.
vegito said that zamasu was slower ... and there was a time when he got over it a lot. zamasu was no longer immortal and could no longer regenerate

but zamasu did not die since that attack was not going to end his soul