Will Vegeta get a Mystic form in this Arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Will Vegeta get a Mystic form in this Arc?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:10 am

What do you guys think are the odds of Vegeta getting a Mystic powerup like Gohan got back in Z, but then one that is permanent? Because looking at this Arc and the developments that’s been happening, it seems very clear to me that Goku and Vegeta are following different routes. Goku has very likely mastered Ultra Instinct by now, (Hence he will be following the Ultra Instinct route), while Vegeta is training in the art of Spirit Control, which seems perfect for massively increasing someone’s battle power (KI). Are transformations even needed for Vegeta anymore? Wouldn’t an Ultimate powerup be better at this point to make things more simple and basic? SSJ Blue and beyond was the past, and indeed, it was the form Goku and Vegeta used TOGETHER for YEARS. Since Goku is already getting something else totally different from the SSJ Blue route, (Ultra Instinct), then it also seems fitting in my opinion that Vegeta should also go a route different to SSJ Blue and its evolved form. And since he likely isn’t getting Ultra Instinct, (since that’s Goku’s route), the only viable option would be for Vegeta to get an Ultimate form like Gohan had. I.e. an all powerful BASE form!

Vegeta is very likely going going to get the ability to become immune to Moro’s magic, hence won’t be effected by Moro’s energy absorption anymore, and Vegeta will also most likely become able to survive in space, since this is a weakness that can’t continue if they’re at universal levels of power, yet requier the planet they are on to stay intact.

What do you guys think?

Do you like it? Do you think it’s fitting?

Let me know your thoughts!
Last edited by GodVegetto91 on Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Will Vegeta get a Mystic form in this Arc?

Post by emperior » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:55 am

I don’t think he will get an ultimate form like Gohan’s.
He will indeed be much stronger, and it seems like he may close the gap with UI by learning some incredible techniques thanks to Spirit Control.

Although this idea would be very nice. It would be so dope if Vegeta, once he finished the training, would be able to bring out all his spirit power in his base form - so no transformations.
A cool way to showcase this change would be by having him fight Moro with no form change, and have everyone be amazed that Vegeta can hold his own without transforming.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:09 pm

Nope. He'll become He-Saiyan! With the Masters of the Universe!

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:09 pm

Since this Mystic / Potential Unleashed form is Gohan's trademark, I don't think it would fit Vegeta well. Not to mention that God Ki was introduced in the series to take Goku and Vegeta to a new level, and as a consequence this Ki would be the basis for future evolutions (UI itself is a divine technique).

Anyway, the training to balance body and Spirit made Vegeta finally be able to properly use all the power he had, so I think besides the technique he's going to learn, the big deal will also be the size of the Power up that he will have when using SSBE now, after all this training. Particularly, I would like if he got some kind of SSB Spirit control (with a different look and much stronger than regular SSB)

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:48 pm

We have been shown the first signs of this new powers in base, but i don't think it's the end result of his training.
He'll probably become at least substantially stronger in his strongest form and become Moro-absorpstion-resistent as well.
Possibly this will go along with a difference in transformation or shape.
But he should still have to power-up and transform to challenge Moro power-wise.
Otherwise it makes no sense in my opinion.

I would say 'please no', because seemingly allmighty baseforms during BOG and ROF created a lot of confusion later on when the casual forms were brought back. Maybe for Gohan solely bot no, not for Vegeta or Goku.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:51 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:09 pm Since this Mystic / Potential Unleashed form is Gohan's trademark, I don't think it would fit Vegeta well. Not to mention that God Ki was introduced in the series to take Goku and Vegeta to a new level, and as a consequence this Ki would be the basis for future evolutions (UI itself is a divine technique).

Anyway, the training to balance body and Spirit made Vegeta finally be able to properly use all the power he had, so I think besides the technique he's going to learn, the big deal will also be the size of the Power up that he will have when using SSBE now, after all this training. Particularly, I would like if he got some kind of SSB Spirit control (with a different look and much stronger than regular SSB)
Well this new “Base” Vegeta will have “God ki”, which is simply the highest level of spirit control. By keeping all of your energy so deeply hidden inside your body, that not even Gods and Angels can sense it, and that it would be absolutely impossible for Moro to ever steal it (since it is 100% yours and 100% under your own control). This absolute level of spirit control will also allow Vegeta to survive in space, since it feeds his body with Oxygen-like effects, hence has no need for an external oxygen source. As for his aura, it would naturally be a holographic one (not real) since the actual aura is hidden super deep within his body.

Base Vegeta with a natural WHITE colored aura, that looks a lot more godly than the regular one. (Perhaps with the same spark balls as UI has in its aura) who knows.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:02 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:51 pm
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:09 pm Since this Mystic / Potential Unleashed form is Gohan's trademark, I don't think it would fit Vegeta well. Not to mention that God Ki was introduced in the series to take Goku and Vegeta to a new level, and as a consequence this Ki would be the basis for future evolutions (UI itself is a divine technique).

Well this new “Base” Vegeta will have “God ki”, which is simply the highest level of spirit control. By keeping all of your energy so deeply hidden inside your body, that not even Gods and Angels can sense it, and that it would be absolutely impossible for Moro to ever steal it (since it is 100% yours and 100% under your own control). This absolute level of spirit control will also allow Vegeta to survive in space, since it feeds his body with Oxygen-like effects, hence has no need for an external oxygen source. As for his aura, it would naturally be a holographic one (not real) since the actual aura is hidden super deep within his body.

Base Vegeta with a natural WHITE colored aura, that looks a lot more godly than the regular one. (Perhaps with the same spark balls as UI has in its aura) who knows.
The part about being able to breathe in space and prevent Moro from stealing his energy is interesting, but I think this is best combined with some transformation, which fits most with Vegeta's style. Vegeta base with a white aura and sparkles around would be badass, but I don't think this should replace SSB (it would be better mixed with Blue).

But in order for Vegeta to be able to face Moro, at the very least he must get a power up similar to UI Omen (since Goku will face Moro in this form or with the MUI, and the goat must at least be able to hold his own), so how would this kind of Mystic form improve Vegeta at this level? Would it just be a Power up due to Spirit Control or would it be like Ultimate Gohan, with all of Vegeta's power released in base form?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:00 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:02 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:51 pm

The part about being able to breathe in space and prevent Moro from stealing his energy is interesting, but I think this is best combined with some transformation, which fits most with Vegeta's style. Vegeta base with a white aura and sparkles around would be badass, but I don't think this should replace SSB (it would be better mixed with Blue).

But in order for Vegeta to be able to face Moro, at the very least he must get a power up similar to UI Omen (since Goku will face Moro in this form or with the MUI, and the goat must at least be able to hold his own), so how would this kind of Mystic form improve Vegeta at this level? Would it just be a Power up due to Spirit Control or would it be like Ultimate Gohan, with all of Vegeta's power released in base form?
Oh Goku is most likely going to use the completed version of Ultra Instinct against Moro. (The silver haired version) since there is no reason for him to have training 6 months being beaten to a near death state every single training session by an ANGEL, to only have “mastered” a half assed version in Omen.

As for Vegeta, yeah he should get an Ultimate form where he has all his powers in Base, and since he gets deeper and deeper into spirit control, he will be able to bring out FAR more power then he ever could access. So this will be an incredible powerup that would put him above even the Jiren and MAX Broly that we saw! Hence he wouldn’t need Ultra Instinct.

So Vegeta will go the pure “Power” route - like Jiren and Broly.

While Goku goes the highly effective speed and dodging route of Ultra Instinct.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:35 pm

Let's say hypothetical it's possible: Vegeta obtains his absolute form in base ... So he wouldn't have to transform again, in any occasion. Even then, it's commercially not very intresting. I do believe Toriyama wrote BOG and ROF without DBS in the back of his mind. It didn't make sense anymore for Goku and Vegeta to transform to their casual forms. Only base and Blue appeared to be enough. Later on the casual forms became relevant again during DBS purely because of commercial reasons. The franchise won't easily allow a transformation-abstinent Vegeta. Simply because they want to sell as much toys as possible.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:32 pm

Mister_Popo wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:35 pm Let's say hypothetical it's possible: Vegeta obtains his absolute form in base ... So he wouldn't have to transform again, in any occasion. Even then, it's commercially not very intresting. I do believe Toriyama wrote BOG and ROF without DBS in the back of his mind. It didn't make sense anymore for Goku and Vegeta to transform to their casual forms. Only base and Blue appeared to be enough. Later on the casual forms became relevant again during DBS purely because of commercial reasons. The franchise won't easily allow a transformation-abstinent Vegeta. Simply because they want to sell as much toys as possible.
I like the argument that the difference between this Ultimate state and regular base will become confusing more. So i would suggest some additional things to his Base look to make it distinct from his regular Base, AND to make it more sellable for merchandise. Something highly similair to UI Omen would be great. Like giving him new eyes like SSG, SSBE and UI had, and perhaps giving him a multicolored aura, such as a rainbow like effect. All the while keeping his hair black.

Would you be down with that?

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:55 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:32 pm
Mister_Popo wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:35 pm Let's say hypothetical it's possible: Vegeta obtains his absolute form in base ... So he wouldn't have to transform again, in any occasion. Even then, it's commercially not very intresting. I do believe Toriyama wrote BOG and ROF without DBS in the back of his mind. It didn't make sense anymore for Goku and Vegeta to transform to their casual forms. Only base and Blue appeared to be enough. Later on the casual forms became relevant again during DBS purely because of commercial reasons. The franchise won't easily allow a transformation-abstinent Vegeta. Simply because they want to sell as much toys as possible.
I like the argument that the difference between this Ultimate state and regular base will become confusing more. So i would suggest some additional things to his Base look to make it distinct from his regular Base, AND to make it more sellable for merchandise. Something highly similair to UI Omen would be great. Like giving him new eyes like SSG, SSBE and UI had, and perhaps giving him a multicolored aura, such as a rainbow like effect. All the while keeping his hair black.

It would make sense if this new power would be mixable with his casual forms.
Or if it were to become a different form, with a different aura if he's fully powered up in that state (like you describe), but the other forms remain possible as well. But what you now describe isn't Mystic or an empowered baseform, UI Omen isn't either, it's a brand new form.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:03 am

Mister_Popo wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:55 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:32 pm

It would make sense if this new power would be mixable with his casual forms.
Or if it were to become a different form, with a different aura if he's fully powered up in that state (like you describe), but the other forms remain possible as well. But what you now describe isn't Mystic or an empowered baseform, UI Omen isn't either, it's a brand new form.
You are right that it’s just another transformation but then with black hair. It’s something that he can still tap into or out of. To me, personally, it’s more about keeping the hair black, so that the form heavily resembles a Saiyan’s Base Form. An absolute Mystic form with zero distinction from the regular Base form would be boring indeed. I agree. I just really love black hair you know. It’s a dark color which to me, represents, power, danger, ferociousness and seriousness, i also like that it’s the simplest possible color, and most in line with their Base forms, and on top of it, i genuinely find it a beautiful looking color. Aura’s, i don’t care much about if they’re different colors. Like i said, it would be really cool if Vegeta got a rainbow colored aura with fully formed eyes like the other God forms.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:25 pm

I don't think I have a different way than Goku's way. It doesn't mean that he goes on Gohan's way.
I still believe that we are digressing too much with the advance of vegeta, he will not get anything more than what he allows "KI" to do
goku has teleport, sansoken, hakai y mafuba
tien shinhan taioken and multiplication
Piccolo has gigantic form
roshi has the mafuba, attack hipnotic
Vegeta only has a lot of energy attacks that are easily evadable for someone who absorbs them.

vegeta will get a new technique to battle with moro but I don't see that the thing goes further from there ...

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:27 pm

no chance it happens they wouldn't of given him all these blue and red powerups just to revert him back to black

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:36 am

I hope not because it would basically stop him from progressing his power any further, which is required for character to stay relevant in a series like Dragon Ball

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:48 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:36 am I hope not because it would basically stop him from progressing his power any further, which is required for character to stay relevant in a series like Dragon Ball
No it won’t. He can always get stronger through fighting, zenkais, training, etc etc. Also, there has to come a point in the show where is evolution is complete (qua forms, transformations, techniques). This should be one such point. It has taken long enough. It’s time the transformations ended. Or at least for a very long time.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:09 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:48 am
UpFromTheSkies wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:36 am I hope not because it would basically stop him from progressing his power any further, which is required for character to stay relevant in a series like Dragon Ball
No it won’t. He can always get stronger through fighting, zenkais, training, etc etc. Also, there has to come a point in the show where is evolution is complete (qua forms, transformations, techniques). This should be one such point. It has taken long enough. It’s time the transformations ended. Or at least for a very long time.
He could learn new techniques, but doesn't the ultimate form unlock a persons ultimate power? If they do make him ultimate I guess they could just ignore this limit and make him become stronger anyway, the power levels in Dragon Ball never make much sense so I try not to take them seriously.