The Future of DBS

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: The Future of DBS

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:43 pm

Skip past EoZ. Have Uub's training interrumpted or done with, and start exploring other universes. They've milked U7 to the last drop, I don't want them to keep bringing foes from eons ago just to keep everything in the same universe.

There are 4 universes that we know nothing about, 6 that were erased, a mysterious time traveller and a universe with two hakaishin tier characters. I guess I'm hoping to see hakaishins fighting. Champa actually having to go all out for his sake, maybe Quitela and Beerus teaming up just like Goku and Freeza had to do. Belmod, Jiren and Toppo could make a great team too.
And something I would've loved is an Evil Goku. Not Black, not Turles, Goku, the actual Goku being a fucking demon, like what DB Multiverse has. But another Goku has already been done, so.

A multiverse threat like Heroes proposed would be great for a final arc to put an end to the show, after that it'd be hard to surpass those stakes.

The origin of Beerus, the origin of the saiyajin race and the origin of the Dragon Balls are things I really need.

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:04 pm

I don't care much what happens as long as it's good and fun. I do feel as though Toriyama doesn't quite "have it" like he did back when drawing the original manga. Playing through Kakarot right now in the Freeza arc and I'm loving it, but I notice that there is no situation where the protagonists retreat. In Super, the protagonists retreated from Zamasu and Goku Black multiple times. Now in the Moro arc they have done it once or twice again. I would prefer more natural events happen that move the story along rather than these guys just retreating all the damn time. I know this seems minor, but it bothers me. I'm loving this revival we've had since Kai and the new movies. I say keep it going as long as it doesn't end up with Toei trying to write the story again and we're good. :thumbup:

We do need to reach and go past the end of Z though. We're already quite close, although I never was good with the exact year that events take place in this series. Toriyama could easily write it so that the training with Oob gets cut short after a few months rather than have Goku vanish for 8-10 years in the story's timeline. I wouldn't mind seeing other characters take a more prominent role or seeing Vegeta save the day (as Toriyama discussed after BoG released).

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:51 pm

emperior wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:13 pm They really can’t milk these 10 years much more. Broly is already in Age 780 and the next time the Dragon Balls, be it the normal ones, the Namekian ones or the Super ones will be used it will be Age 781, unless they make an exception like Kami did after he restored Shenron that time Piccolo Daimao killed him.

They should just time-skip after Uub, even if it means having to come up with a new ending in the future.
Yeah, they really can't. We're getting close to the 5 years Goku and Bulma never saw each other.

I'd be very interested in the show focusing on Uub and developing a completely different characterization from the stoic Uub in GT. He reminds me a lot of Kid Goku at the End of Z.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:56 pm

I' ve read many great and fun ideas so far.

1. Going past the EoZ (this should happen as so as the Moro arc ends).

2. Planet Sadala saga

3. Freeza overthrowing the Divine order and becoming the next Omni-King

4. An evil Angel saga.

5. Anything involving the erased 6 universes or the 4 that wasn't in the ToP.

6. Broly being used for an evil scheme.

7. Goku & Vegeta vs Beerus rematch (with Vegeta finding out Beerus' role in Planet Vegeta's destruction.)

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:26 pm

Sadala Elite wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:56 pm I' ve read many great and fun ideas so far.

1. Going past the EoZ (this should happen as so as the Moro arc ends).

2. Planet Sadala saga

3. Freeza overthrowing the Divine order and becoming the next Omni-King

4. An evil Angel saga.

5. Anything involving the erased 6 universes or the 4 that wasn't in the ToP.

6. Broly being used for an evil scheme.

7. Goku & Vegeta vs Beerus rematch (with Vegeta finding out Beerus' role in Planet Vegeta's destruction.)
These are all stuff I would like to see. For sure we must eventually see Vegeta going to Planet Sadala, Goku (and Vegeta too, possibly) having a rematch with Beerus and Freeza trying to overthrow the Gods. And Broly will appear again for sure, with Toriyama himself writing that Freeza wishes to manipulate him and that Goku wants to train with him.

As for the 6 erased universes, it’s difficult to say if they will ever be brought up again. I believe they were mentioned as foreshadowing for Zeno erasing all the world in Future Trunks’ timeline. But for sure we must see something of the other 4 universes.

Apart from those, there’s also Zalama who might appear in the future, the Angel realm which will probably be shown and maybe we will also get to see Angels finally fighting at full power. And there’s also the villain who killed Jiren’s parents and master, who the manga said was a Demon and also revealed that Angels can’t revive those who are killed by Demons, so I think it’s quite probable we will also get an arc with Demons as foes.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:22 pm

Goku vs Beerus will definitely be the end game of modern DB, they need to have it in a way where it is an actual conflict the U.S arc sort of teased the idea when Beerus was genuinely mad at Goku but sadly didn't go anywhere with it.

I also wouldn't have UI pop up until this inevitable fight.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:35 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:22 pmGoku vs Beerus will definitely be the end game of modern DB.
I think there are 3 stories that could potential end modern DB, or at least Toriyama's involvement.

Goku vs Beerus as you mentioned. That's what started this revival so bringing things full circle makes a lot of sense.

A full on war between Freeza and the multiverse. Freeza is the most popular DB villain, so what better way to generate hype than to have him front and center, taking on the entire multiverse.

a 3rd tournament between u7 and the remaining 4 universes. Goku didn't win either tournament in Super, so Toriyama leaving after not only allowing Goku to win the biggest tournament he can participate in, but also be crowned the multiverse's strongest warrior is a very high note to leave on.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:45 am

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:35 pm A full on war between Freeza and the multiverse. Freeza is the most popular DB villain, so what better way to generate hype than to have him front and center, taking on the entire multiverse.
I don't think that is likely to happen. The only other person who challenged the entire multiverse was Zamasu, and he succeeded only beause he knew the great weakness of the Gods (Kais-Destroyers life link) and exploited it to his own advantage. Freeza doesn't know this key information, so he would probably be stopped by the Gods before he could truly set his plans in motion.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:46 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:45 amI don't think that is likely to happen. The only other person who challenged the entire multiverse was Zamasu, and he succeeded only beause he knew the great weakness of the Gods (Kais-Destroyers life link) and exploited it to his own advantage. Freeza doesn't know this key information, so he would probably be stopped by the Gods before he could truly set his plans in motion.
I think Zamasu's method was only one among others that Freeza could potentially pick from. Based on what we saw from the TOP, it seems like the universes don't exactly get along with each other, something Freeza could take advantage of. There's also the fact that angles seem to be banned from getting involved with anything, making things even easier. If Freeza decided to attack U9, I highly doubt anyone's going to go to their rescue. He could probably take over every universe apart from 11, 6, and the 4 we've yet to see. With half the universes under his hands, and maybe a faction in U6 thanks to Frost, that could easily start a war with everyone else.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:41 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:46 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:45 amI don't think that is likely to happen. The only other person who challenged the entire multiverse was Zamasu, and he succeeded only beause he knew the great weakness of the Gods (Kais-Destroyers life link) and exploited it to his own advantage. Freeza doesn't know this key information, so he would probably be stopped by the Gods before he could truly set his plans in motion.
I think Zamasu's method was only one among others that Freeza could potentially pick from. Based on what we saw from the TOP, it seems like the universes don't exactly get along with each other, something Freeza could take advantage of. There's also the fact that angles seem to be banned from getting involved with anything, making things even easier. If Freeza decided to attack U9, I highly doubt anyone's going to go to their rescue. He could probably take over every universe apart from 11, 6, and the 4 we've yet to see. With half the universes under his hands, and maybe a faction in U6 thanks to Frost, that could easily start a war with everyone else.
Angels remain neutral when mortals are threatened, however they intervene when Gods are endangered (see how Whis took an active role in saving Gowasu from Zamasu). If the Gods felt threatened by Freeza and asked the Angels to intervene, I think they wouldn't refuse.

Furthermore, there are not really many universes that Freeza could conquer:

- Universe 1/5/8/12: That's a big NO, in my opinion. These universes are ruled by Gods who actually do their job and wouldn't let Freeza do as he pleases. Plus those are the universes with the most mortal civilizations and with the most worlds, there are probably civilizations that are even stronger than Freeza and his empire. Also Freeza built his empire in U7 because the Gods there are incompetent, he wouldn't be able to do that in one of these universes. Wars spread death, destruction, genocide even, there is no secrecy in that, thus the Gods would easily find out what Freeza is doing and stop him.
- Universe 2/3/11: That's another No. In the first two universes, mortals and Gods seem to work together a lot, so the Gods probably wouldn't let Freeza do what he wants (I mean, I can't imagine Heles letting Freeza destroy Ribrianne's world). Universe 11 has Jiren and Toppo, so definitely not a good idea to invade that.

The only universes that Freeza could really conquer are 4, 6, 9, and 10 (he already has 7). 4, 9, and 10 are very weak and the Gods there are pathetic. The Destroyer of U9 is afraid of destroying worlds. The Destroyer of U4 is a scummy dude who would probably make a deal with Freeza or something, maybe sell him some planets. U10 is ruled by Gowasu, who refuses to take any action. U6 would probably be much harder to conquer, for two reasons: 1) They have Hit, one of the best assassins in the cosmos. 2) After the whole shenanigans with Frost (who is now a fugitive with no support, since he was living in the streets like a burglar), most worlds would probably oppose Freeza, including the Saiyans (Cabba, Caulifla, Kale...). Champa and Vados probably wouldn't care about Freeza though, they did not care about Frost either, and they knew he was a scumbag. However Goku and Vegeta would most likely stop Freeza if he attacked Planet Sadala.

I mean, yeah, he'd have 5 universes under his control, but would it really matter that much? Just look at universe 9 and 10, they are pathetic. And all these universes would be further devastated by war, because it would take a long and bloody conflict to conquer them. Plus obviously you'd risk overextending, and maintaining a big empire spanning multiple universes would be very hard, especially since Freeza doesn't have techniques like the Instant Transmission.

desu
Beyond Newbie

Post by desu » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:41 pm

1st I would finish this arc with U7 losing and Moro winning. Moro seems to know what he's doing and I hope that's kept the same. Ofc Moro wouldn't stop there and he would travel to more universes eating more planets, maybe even recruiting more prisoners as his motives and story is expanded on why he's doing all this. I don't think Beerus or other GoD would interfere as they aren't supossed to interfere with mortal's doing. Eventually Jiren would stop him and maybe they could even connect things full circle saying he was the one who killed his parents.

Then I would have a Demons vs Angels and Gods of Destruction arc before skipping to the end of Z. Since Angels can only defend themselves and can't even interfere against mortals' plans, I would make demons the opposite, where they can do as they please. Since this would be a major arc for the future of the series I would make every character have a moment to shine, not only from U7 but from other universes too, then as the conflict continues to grow, it gets to a point where the Angels themselves have to interfere, maybe by Zeno or Grand Priest's orders, and after it concludes Beerus says he's going to sleep for a few years again but before that he wants a rematch with Goku to see how strong he's gotten, Ultra Instinct Beerus is revealed (in the anime) and we get an epic UI Goku VS UI Beerus fight to end this Gods and Angels thing for at least a while.

Then I would finally skip to End of Z, expand it a bit and basically make it a mini arc.

After that, an arc where Frieza sets his plans to motion after having them planned for 5 years. He tricks Broly into thinking Vegeta was the one who killed his father and without knowing he helps him finish conquering Universe 7 by killing Vegeta while he kills Goku and destroys Earth before leaving with Broly, cheelai and the other soldier. But at the last moment Buu manages to rescue Uub by eating him and he escapes the planet's explosion, Kaioshin searching for any remaining life rescues them and brings them to the Kaioshin Planet explaining them what just happened and with Uub wanting revenge on his master's death.
After this Frieza would go to conquer the weaker universes and recruit more soldiers and strong mortals. I think this would be a perfect time to introduce a Cooler with a new personality, not being a clone of Frieza's personality, but instead having separated from his father and brother's methods of conquering, he would go to a different universe and conquer on his own way, where he would want the best for the planet's population, it would be less like being a dictator and more like a democracy, with soldiers serving him voluntarily and less people hating him than Frieza, thus having a bigger and more stable empire than Frieza ever did. Anyway Frieza would eventually come in contact with him and would somehow convince Cooler to help him.
At the end, the gods of other universes find out about Frieza's plans and mortals like Jiren,Hit, Uub and U6 Saiyans have to kill Frieza and kill Cooler aswell, as I feel some people know that Cooler only does it for the money/want a goverment of their own but Cooler doesn't let them.

And I do have more ideas but I feel that the main thing Toriyama should do is stop introducing more characters and use what he has now. I think people would prefer to see more of Broly, Jiren, the U7 Saiyans, Piccolo, Goten and Trunks, etc rather than having new characters that are going to be used for 1/2 arcs.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:01 pm

I think it would have been cool if Moro, or some other villain became overarching villain - to have someone really big bad.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:29 am

Psajdak wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:01 pm I think it would have been cool if Moro, or some other villain became overarching villain - to have someone really big bad.
I think Freeza is going to be filling that role, and could potentially be Toriyama's final story.