So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2111
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:49 am

In the latest manga chapter, Piccolo was very surprised to learn that he couldn’t sense Goku’s energy..(He was in UI Omen during that moment when he attacked Saganbo, and Piccolo and Gohan couldn’t see him) Even though he knows that Goku has SSJ Blue, and often uses that form... Which has God Ki that mortals like Piccolo shouldn’t be able to sense.

This kind of writing is absurd. Very obvious plothole/contradiction here. Even Gohan suggested that it was because of Goku’s speed, and not his form, that he couldn’t sense him. hence that he too, would have been able to sense Goku in a motionless form. (SSJ Blue.)

What does this tell you guys?
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
Matches Malone
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1310
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:34 am

Didn't everyone start sensing Blue's power mid way through Super, despite it being established to not be possible ? There's definitely a lack of care when it comes to Super's writing, as it's constantly contradicting itself, even on things just established.

MechaTrunks
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:26 am

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by MechaTrunks » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:19 am

Yeah, that last chapter of the manga was a big clustterfuck in terms of writting.
That being said, I think Piccolo judged Goku's power on his actual performance instead of sensing him? I don't know how he would be able to do that.
Cheap writting no matter how you look at it.

Regards!

User avatar
Saiga
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8291
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Space Australia

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by Saiga » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:13 am

The manga has never indicated that Blue could not be sensed (it didn't cover the events of Resurrection F) and the TOP has several instances of the characters seemingly sensing the ki of Goku or Vegeta while they're using Blue.

It seems consistent that the ki of Super Saiyan Blue can be sensed in the manga.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2111
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:45 am

Saiga wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:13 am
The manga has never indicated that Blue could not be sensed (it didn't cover the events of Resurrection F) and the TOP has several instances of the characters seemingly sensing the ki of Goku or Vegeta while they're using Blue.

It seems consistent that the ki of Super Saiyan Blue can be sensed in the manga.
Hmmm. Interesting. What about SSJ God? Otherwise UI Omen is the first time (form) in the manga of which it is revealed not to be sensed.
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

MechaTrunks
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:26 am

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by MechaTrunks » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:20 am

Saiga wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:13 am
The manga has never indicated that Blue could not be sensed (it didn't cover the events of Resurrection F) and the TOP has several instances of the characters seemingly sensing the ki of Goku or Vegeta while they're using Blue.

It seems consistent that the ki of Super Saiyan Blue can be sensed in the manga.
Good point, and I don't recall that statment being made for the SSG form either in the manga, so yeah, we were probably mixim different medias/continuities.

ankokudaishogun
Regular
Posts: 720
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:27 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:49 am
In the latest manga chapter, Piccolo was very surprised to learn that he couldn’t sense Goku’s energy..(He was in UI Omen during that moment when he attacked Saganbo, and Piccolo and Gohan couldn’t see him) Even though he knows that Goku has SSJ Blue, and often uses that form... Which has God Ki that mortals like Piccolo shouldn’t be able to sense.
depending on the original words used, he might be refering to the "pressure" of Blue, instead of just Ki.

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2111
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:14 pm

Actually no guys, it WAS stated in the manga that SSJ God’s energy cannot be sensed either. After just checking. Dunno about SSJ Blue though. In either case, it is weird for Piccolo and Gohan to imply they can suddenly sense it now.

Image
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
Hugo Boss
I Live Here
Posts: 3389
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:31 pm

That might suggest Piccolo became strong enough to sense Goku’s energy in SSGod and SSBlue forms, but he can’t do that with Goku moving at hyper-speed.

User avatar
Tai Lung
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:20 pm

Piccolo Top Super Anime > = Gohan SSJ2 ok it's more reasonable
Piccolo Top Super Manga = ?????
Piccolo Moro arc Super Manga >>> SSB ???' he deserve it or not is notoriously exaggerated

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2111
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:27 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:31 pm
That might suggest Piccolo became strong enough to sense Goku’s energy in SSGod and SSBlue forms, but he can’t do that with Goku moving at hyper-speed.
The problem is... No such statement was ever made. We are completely left on our own to speculate.. For all we know, the writers have completely forgotten about the whole “God ki cannot be sensed by mortals thing”, and they just don’t give it a thought at all. Which is the worst case scenario, and the one i fear may be right. They never take their own show seriously, the fans certainly take it more serious.
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
Tai Lung
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:44 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:27 pm
Hugo Boss wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:31 pm
That might suggest Piccolo became strong enough to sense Goku’s energy in SSGod and SSBlue forms, but he can’t do that with Goku moving at hyper-speed.
The problem is... No such statement was ever made. We are completely left on our own to speculate.. For all we know, the writers have completely forgotten about the whole “God ki cannot be sensed by mortals thing”, and they just don’t give it a thought at all. Which is the worst case scenario, and the one i fear may be right. They never take their own show seriously, the fans certainly take it more serious.
gohan and piccolo were supposed to be fighting together using all their power in the last chapter

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2111
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:05 am

Tai Lung wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:44 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:27 pm
Hugo Boss wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:31 pm
That might suggest Piccolo became strong enough to sense Goku’s energy in SSGod and SSBlue forms, but he can’t do that with Goku moving at hyper-speed.
The problem is... No such statement was ever made. We are completely left on our own to speculate.. For all we know, the writers have completely forgotten about the whole “God ki cannot be sensed by mortals thing”, and they just don’t give it a thought at all. Which is the worst case scenario, and the one i fear may be right. They never take their own show seriously, the fans certainly take it more serious.
gohan and piccolo were supposed to be fighting together using all their power in the last chapter
I fail to understand what that has to do with my statement. Could you elaborate please?
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
Tai Lung
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:14 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:05 am
Tai Lung wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:44 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:27 pm

The problem is... No such statement was ever made. We are completely left on our own to speculate.. For all we know, the writers have completely forgotten about the whole “God ki cannot be sensed by mortals thing”, and they just don’t give it a thought at all. Which is the worst case scenario, and the one i fear may be right. They never take their own show seriously, the fans certainly take it more serious.
gohan and piccolo were supposed to be fighting together using all their power in the last chapter
I fail to understand what that has to do with my statement. Could you elaborate please?
piccolo increased his power too much

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5968
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:12 am

I thought Piccolo learned to sense it because Kami was part of him.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2111
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:59 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:12 am
I thought Piccolo learned to sense it because Kami was part of him.
Yet no such definitive statement was made. Everything is left up to speculation.
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
Dragon Wukong
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:06 am

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:41 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:49 am
In the latest manga chapter, Piccolo was very surprised to learn that he couldn’t sense Goku’s energy..(He was in UI Omen during that moment when he attacked Saganbo, and Piccolo and Gohan couldn’t see him) Even though he knows that Goku has SSJ Blue, and often uses that form... Which has God Ki that mortals like Piccolo shouldn’t be able to sense.

This kind of writing is absurd. Very obvious plothole/contradiction here. Even Gohan suggested that it was because of Goku’s speed, and not his form, that he couldn’t sense him. hence that he too, would have been able to sense Goku in a motionless form. (SSJ Blue.)

What does this tell you guys?
I just assumed Piccolo didn't know Goku was in a godly form at the time, and that's why he couldn't sense Goku's energy. No one can tell Goku was using Omen (or SSB, considering he pops up after in base form) until Moro points it out. I wouldn't say there's any indication that mortals can suddenly sense god ki right now.

User avatar
Psykomatik
Regular
Posts: 509
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:37 am

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by Psykomatik » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:11 am

Dende can sense God ki since he's a deity as stated in Dragon Ball Super, episode 7, so I believe it's the same logic behind Piccolo's ability to sense God ki.

User avatar
Hugo Boss
I Live Here
Posts: 3389
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:01 am

Dragon Wukong wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:41 am
I just assumed Piccolo didn't know Goku was in a godly form at the time
That makes sense as well and it wouldn’t require further assumptions. Good call.

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2111
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:27 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:01 am
Dragon Wukong wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:41 am
I just assumed Piccolo didn't know Goku was in a godly form at the time
That makes sense as well and it wouldn’t require further assumptions. Good call.
That’s actually a really stupid assumption and makes ZERO sense. If Piccolo learns that he can’t sense Goku... Then he SHOULD assume that Goku must be in a God form for that to be the case (hence SSJ Blue or something.)
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

Post Reply