So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: So Piccolo can suddenly sense SSJ Blue now??? Wtf

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:54 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:27 pm
Hugo Boss wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:01 am
Dragon Wukong wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:41 am I just assumed Piccolo didn't know Goku was in a godly form at the time
That makes sense as well and it wouldn’t require further assumptions. Good call.
That’s actually a really stupid assumption and makes ZERO sense. If Piccolo learns that he can’t sense Goku... Then he SHOULD assume that Goku must be in a God form for that to be the case (hence SSJ Blue or something.)
Goku didn’t announce himself, so it would be strange to assume he was using a transformation. Hence why he wonders what new heights Goku has reached. At least, Gohan makes a point that moving at hyper-speed makes almost impossible to keep track of energy.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:21 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:54 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:27 pm
Hugo Boss wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:01 am
That makes sense as well and it wouldn’t require further assumptions. Good call.
That’s actually a really stupid assumption and makes ZERO sense. If Piccolo learns that he can’t sense Goku... Then he SHOULD assume that Goku must be in a God form for that to be the case (hence SSJ Blue or something.)
Goku didn’t announce himself, so it would be strange to assume he was using a transformation. Hence why he wonders what new heights Goku has reached. At least, Gohan makes a point that moving at hyper-speed makes almost impossible to keep track of energy.
I fail to see how it would be strange to assume he was using a transformation because of that.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:46 pm

IMO it's equally valid to assume Piccolo didn't know Goku was using a godly form as the assumption that Piccolo can suddenly sense god ki and somehow knew Goku was in a godly form without seeing him, and makes more sense to boot.

MechaTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by MechaTrunks » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:29 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:14 pm Actually no guys, it WAS stated in the manga that SSJ God’s energy cannot be sensed either. After just checking. Dunno about SSJ Blue though. In either case, it is weird for Piccolo and Gohan to imply they can suddenly sense it now.

You're right. It could be argued that this could change for the SSJBlue, or also that Piccolo didn't judge Goku by his Ki but by the brutal impact his punch made.
I think that Toyotarou simply wanted to transmit that Goku became had an overall power up as a by product of polishing his movements in preparation for the UI (and that's an idea I actually like), and decided to do it through Piccolo. Not the best choice personally, having Moro that already knew the power of Goku's SSJB and that could've made that appreciation without creating those conflicts (plus, he could even sense the Dragon Balls, so it could be argued that he could sense the god kis).

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:25 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:21 pm I fail to see how it would be strange to assume he was using a transformation because of that.
Because Piccolo can’t see him or understand what was going on. Also, he only confirmed the SSBlue form was stronger after he saw Goku fighting.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:18 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:25 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:21 pm I fail to see how it would be strange to assume he was using a transformation because of that.
Because Piccolo can’t see him or understand what was going on. Also, he only confirmed the SSBlue form was stronger after he saw Goku fighting.
That was because of Goku’s performance as a SSJ Blue, that doesn’t neccesarily prove he could sense it.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:10 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:18 pm
That was because of Goku’s performance as a SSJ Blue, that doesn’t neccesarily prove he could sense it.
I didn’t imply the contrary. Just justifying that the chapter doesn’t make clear that Piccolo can sense god ki, because he doesn’t make that claim before Goku start fighting.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:14 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:10 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:18 pm
I didn’t imply the contrary. Just justifying that the chapter doesn’t make clear that Piccolo can sense god ki, because he doesn’t make that claim before Goku start fighting.
Fair enough. It’s clear that the writers don’t think it through too deeply.

Thunderbird
Banned

Post by Thunderbird » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:33 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:49 amWhat does this tell you guys?
That the series is written by a hack whose only thing going for him is copying someone else's art style well.