Do you think we'll ever see more of the ToP fighters?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Akyon
Regular

Do you think we'll ever see more of the ToP fighters?

Post by Akyon » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:11 am

Universe 6 aside I mean as Champa interacts with Beerus a lot and Cabba, Caulifla and Kale are the Universe 7's saiyans students.

Do you think we'll see anything from the other competing universe fighters in future arcs or do you think they're done with entirely?
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Do you think we'll ever see more of the ToP fighters?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:39 am

We will definitely see more of Jiren and Toppo (they want a rematch), as well as the U2's girls, who were amongst the fighters who impressed Goku (as shown in the Broly movie). Beyond them, I can't see who else could come back, as they were all pretty forgettable and generic.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:46 pm

I think U6 has the most potential of being used through a visit to Sadal. They can bring Hit and Frost into the story somehow as well. U11 could also be used again, but it's less likely than U6, which in itself may not be as high as we think.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:03 pm

Probably. While U11 might have had the strongest fighters, the other universes did leave enough of an impression upon the Z Senshi to be curious about. I imagine that Goku might take Oob on a tour to the other universes to demonstrate the kind of fighters they had.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:50 pm

Yes. When they will hold the Tournament of Power 2.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:51 pm

It really depends if Dragon Ball continues?

More films or another animated shows is up in the air right now. Coronavirus complicates things even further and is potentially lethal to Akira Toriyama, Masako Nozawa, and other essential members at Toei.

We'll probably see them again in Dragon Ball Heroes and video games, but I seriously have my doubts about the manga, animated series, or films. I'm expecting Dragon Ball to transition into a legacy product like Lupin the III and not see another animated show under new talent for many, many years.

head_cha_la
Not-So-Newbie

Post by head_cha_la » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:06 pm

I think universe 6 will be recurrent and in addition they have things that other universes do not have, of Dragon Balls and Super Dragon Balls with universe 7!

Not to mention Champa and Vados who are close to Beerus and Whis and characters like Caulifla, Kale, Cabba, Hit who can bring freshness as supporting characters to Goku and Vegeta!

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:16 pm

I'm sure the Universe 6 and 11 fighters will come back. The others, I'm not too sure.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:43 pm

Peach wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:51 pm I seriously have my doubts about the manga, animated series, or films.

I'm expecting Dragon Ball to transition into a legacy product like Lupin the III and not see another animated show under new talent for many, many years.
Another movie has already gotten the green light, so that's on the way, although it'll take longer than planned due to what's going on. A continuation of the show has been semi-confirmed, as one of the writers said they don't want to rush things like before to avoid production problems. It hasn't gotten the OK yet, but it's something they want to do when the time is right. The manga however is where the question marks are, no one's said anything about it continuing after More, but no one's said anything about it ending either.

At this point DB is too big and there are too many companies worldwide involved with it for things to end due to someone's inability to be involved with it, regardless of how important they may be. Nozawa is in her mid 80s, so she probably wants to spend the rest of her life with her family, not in a studio. Toriyama might be in the middle of moving on, as he went from writing an entire manga, to just writing outlines, to now having a co-writer in Toyotaro. I think Toyotaro becoming the main writer of DB is a lot sooner than we think.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:59 pm

I agree. Universes 6 and 11 are the most plausible for a reappearance at this point. Sadly most of the others' participants were sort of forgettable. Ribrianne and her group stand out but not much else can be said of all those others.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:03 pm

Lionel wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:59 pmSadly most of the others' participants were sort of forgettable. Ribrianne and her group stand out but not much else can be said of all those others.
This is why I wish they limited the TOP to 3-4 universes, as all they did with the others was waste them. If you don't have a story worth telling, why not hold off until you do ? it seems like they killed a lot of potential with those universes.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:11 pm

Universe 9 with it's crap sack universe and the Trio De Danger were pretty fun, but Bergamo and his brothers roles varied greatly between the anime and the manga.
Sadly I can't see them returning though.

The Tournament of Power seemed to open up huge future story possibilities but I feel like it's going to be wasted outside a Planet Salada visit.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:57 pm

if broly had a movie and now it is canon because it is popular ... in addition to that hit and universe 6 had filler episodes the most certain is that if at least if toei is involved yes is a fact

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:55 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:39 am We will definitely see more of Jiren and Toppo (they want a rematch), as well as the U2's girls, who were amongst the fighters who impressed Goku (as shown in the Broly movie). Beyond them, I can't see who else could come back, as they were all pretty forgettable and generic.
Indeed SupremeKai25 when I saw Goku giving Credit even just for a Moment to Ribrianne, Kefla, Jiren, Toppo and Dyspo in the Movie that got me hoping Toei could have more plans for them and Hopeful the others universes down the Road in a Future DB Super 2.0.

If Toei wants to keep the Series feeling Fresher with Newer experiences and new angles to tell stories Indeed I am Certainly Hoping that they Bring Back at least some of the Major Universes like 6, 11 and 2.

Sadly what DB has been or seems to have been for to long is less Dragon Ball and more "The Goku, Vegeta and their Pals!" Show.

The utilization of even staple Universe 7 characters has been questionable even before Super was a thing going back even to GT and the End of Z during the Buu saga. More and more kept getting left behind and most of the problems and story mostly focused on Goku and Vegeta.

Toei might want to take a Note from the MCU that when you have a big Ensemble Casts of uniquely different characters you have more room for more story and exciting story at that. Not every episode should involve Goku and Vegeta either if they want the other characters to stand out and on their own more.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:50 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:55 pmToei might want to take a Note from the MCU that when you have a big Ensemble Casts of uniquely different characters you have more room for more story and exciting story at that.
Unfortunately Goku and Vegeta have gotten so strong that they've left everyone in the dust, resulting in whatever they can contribute being very limited in the grand scheme of things.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:44 pm

I think we will know more of U6 and U11, probably and hopefully not with entire arcs tho
I definitely want to see Hakaishin Toppo, retired Belmond and Jiren story follow up from universe 11, and saiyajins's culture, Frost's life from U6.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:16 am

After TOP we stayed in U7 and the remaining universes remain unexploited thus far.

The U7-members and U11-members have been teased to potentially get (another) arc of their own.
There is the potential Sadala-arc that has been teased. Jiren and Goku are set up to meet again at the end of TOP, and there is potential in further exploring the story seed concerning the demon that killed Jiren's parents.

- I'd say a very chance we are going to see the U6-gang again (because they were introduced even before TOP and they are relatively important and popular characters within Super from the beginnings) some time soon. And potentially the U6 Namekians as well.

- Then there is a substantial chance we'll see the Pride Troopers again, definitely if Super continues long enough.

But then those other fighters, Ribrianne and the love gang (U2), Paparoni and his robots / Anilaza (U3) , Trio Dangers (U9) ...
I honestly don't know if we are going to see all those boys and girls again. Some of those characters were pretty intresting, it would be a shame to waste them all. But that's just me talking.
But if the writers however choose to explore another path (angel realm, Uub fe ...), if choices have to be made about what they exactly treat and/or prefer to set another direction, we might never see them again. Some of these characters are somehow potentially intresting but may not really be necessary enough for the story or popular enough within a very broad spectrum of fans (or they might think) in order to be revisited.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:00 pm

Peach wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:51 pm It really depends if Dragon Ball continues?

More films or another animated shows is up in the air right now. Coronavirus complicates things even further and is potentially lethal to Akira Toriyama, Masako Nozawa, and other essential members at Toei.

We'll probably see them again in Dragon Ball Heroes and video games, but I seriously have my doubts about the manga, animated series, or films. I'm expecting Dragon Ball to transition into a legacy product like Lupin the III and not see another animated show under new talent for many, many years.
DB is in a pretty unique situation then it's ever been before where it doesn't need constant new material now to stay relevant, unless they have a story to tell it doesn't really need to return to air or have another movie so soon anyway, it's gonna be 2 years soon since Broly and they haven't rushed any new material out.

There are still too many open plot points left for them to end modern DB at Broly so I think at the very least we'll have another movie to wrap up modern DB for good.