Super Blu Rays

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coltigore

Super Blu Rays

Post by coltigore » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:52 pm

Hey all, I've been doing some thinking about picking up all of super on blu ray, as I'd like to have a physical version of it. I know that broly and Kai final chapters have green tints, but I was wondering if the funimation home release was affected by this. Also wanted to hear your thoughts on how these good these releases are about things such as dub names for moves in the subs. Thanks!

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: Super Blu Rays

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:07 pm

Super's sets don't have any green tint, but you should wait a bit. Funimation tends to repackages their parts into collections, so chances are Super's 10 sets will be released soon in 5 cheaper collections. In terms of the dub, unlike Kai which is very accurate, Funimation made unnecessary changes to Super's dub to please the Z dub fans and even the Team4star fans. It's nothing deal breaking, but their job is to present a version that is as close to the original intended version as possible, not what they think it should've been. What makes this even worse is the fact that they've shown the ability to dub DB accurately in Kai and even the new movies.

coltigore

Post by coltigore » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:50 am

I watch subbed, so I don't really care much for the dub unless I have friends over who prefer it. But are the subs affected by this lack of accuracy? I originally watched the show on crunchyroll for reference

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:05 am

coltigore wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:50 am I watch subbed, so I don't really care much for the dub unless I have friends over who prefer it. But are the subs affected by this lack of accuracy? I originally watched the show on crunchyroll for reference
No, the subtitles are accurate. You'll actually find them to be even more accurate than the ones you saw on cruncyroll.

coltigore

Post by coltigore » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:48 am

DHM211 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:05 am
coltigore wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:50 am I watch subbed, so I don't really care much for the dub unless I have friends over who prefer it. But are the subs affected by this lack of accuracy? I originally watched the show on crunchyroll for reference
No, the subtitles are accurate. You'll actually find them to be even more accurate than the ones you saw on cruncyroll.
Sweet! Can't wait to get my hands on them now! :D