Which Character from the Main cast would make a great god of destruction?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Which Character from the Main cast would make a great god of destruction?

Post by omaro34 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:31 am

Who would you choose?

1) It isn't in Goku's nature to constantly destroy.

2) Being a god of destruction would mean leaving your family indefinitely or at the very least for a very long time, and I doubt Vegeta would leave his family. Same with Gohan

3) Freeza's too evil and would use this to his advantage, not for the sake of the job.

4)Broly might be a decent one. That's a tough one.

5) i don't see a possible chance any of the humans becoming one.

6) Piccolo might actually be a decent candidate too. He doesn't really have major obligations on Earth. He certainly lacks the power, but he does have the brains and the decision making for it.

Feel free to choose a character and explain why.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Which Character from the Main cast would make a great god of destruction?

Post by Peach » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:42 am

Goku.

He pretty much is on his way to becoming Beerus. Eventually he'll become so strong, he'll have no one in the entire multiverse to challenge him. I can see him growing tired as time goes on and only showing a real passion during dinner time. It will be up to him to pass the baton as Beerus did and train his own rival.

Maybe Goku is wearing blue at the end of z because he IS a Destroyer.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:21 am

Technically, anyone may qualify as what exactly gets destroyed is left up to the discretion of the Hakaishin...just as long as some stuff does get destroyed. They could choose to simply blow up barren, uninhabitable worlds & large asteroids that are going to collide with worlds full of life and with the potential for life. They could also eradicate truly-wicked & genocidal beings before they can murder too many people.
I think Piccolo would be the best candidate for the job. He already has the mind of a Kami thus he understands proper etiquette & dedication to an appointed role and he's quite intelligent & sensible. He'd make for a better-suited Hakaishin than most.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:06 am

Frieza after achieving his golden form and besting destructive energy would be a good candidate since he has no attachments like Goku and Vegeta.

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:24 am

Definitely Piccolo. A destroyer is meant to keep a balance in the universe, to eliminate undeserving populations, and Piccolo has the intelligence to understand what needs to go and what needs to stay.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:52 am

Goku would be a horrible Destroyer lol. He literally doesn't give a shit that Freeza is blowing up planets left and right, somehow he'd be an even worse Destroyer than Beerus.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:52 am

Piccolo, 17 or maybe Tien if he had the power.
You want someone who has destructive tendencies but also understands the importance of balance in the role.

Krillin and Gohan couldn't leave their families for this job, and they're both too soft hearted to snuff out lives.

Yamcha is too chill to want to murder people, even if he had the power...

It would seem too much like work to Goku and he'd only use it as an excuse to find strong opponents instead.

Vegeta seems ideal at first, but like Krillin and Gohan he's a family man, and his only goal is to be better than Goku.

Chiaoutzu, again if he had the power, actually might be a good option. He's been shown to have a bit of a mean streak at times... although it could just be due to his similarities to Zeno that I think he's got the right personality for it.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:18 am

Broly DBZ only if he could control himself and wasn't evil.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:40 pm

Either Gohan or Vegeta, both who have a sense of responsibility over how they could/should use their authority/power. Vegeta may have more risk of going bad, but he will have an angel beside him.
wolflonnie wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:24 am Definitely Piccolo. A destroyer is meant to keep a balance in the universe, to eliminate undeserving populations, and Piccolo has the intelligence to understand what needs to go and what needs to stay.
I would choose Piccolo too.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:38 am

I'd say Vegeta is most ideal for the job, Whis wants him for the role a good reason.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:39 am

Akyon wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:52 am Piccolo, 17 or maybe Tien if he had the power.
You want someone who has destructive tendencies but also understands the importance of balance in the role.

Krillin and Gohan couldn't leave their families for this job, and they're both too soft hearted to snuff out lives.

Yamcha is too chill to want to murder people, even if he had the power...

It would seem too much like work to Goku and he'd only use it as an excuse to find strong opponents instead.

Vegeta seems ideal at first, but like Krillin and Gohan he's a family man, and his only goal is to be better than Goku.

Chiaoutzu, again if he had the power, actually might be a good option. He's been shown to have a bit of a mean streak at times... although it could just be due to his similarities to Zeno that I think he's got the right personality for it.
Chiaoutzu as a god of destruction would be frightening haha. Screw around with tien and he will hakai your ass.

But in all honesty he would continue the trend that looks aren't everything when it comes to power.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:04 am

If Freeza was kept on a leash and mellowed out as what appeared to be the case in the TOP arc then I could actually see him making an acceptable Hakaishin candidate. Despite his ambitions, Freeza seems capable of compromising within institutions that he's aware supersede his own authority. Imagine if his personality developed where he began to operate as more of a backstage influencer and schemer hoping to improve his situation by manipulating and brokering deals with others.

Freeza is an inherently selfish, amoral individual but I think the constraints of working within a system like the Hakaishin echelon could shift him over into more of a dark neutral category.

The Hakaishin role fundamentally requires a willingness to wipe out whole species of population. Despite whatever anti-hero tendencies they may have, I can't see the current Piccolo and Vegeta agreeing to exterminate so many people just for the sake of balancing the cosmic scales, and I doubt Tenshinhan would be accepting of such bloodshed even at his worst when he was aspiring to become an assassin.

Should Freeza not be considered then it would have to be someone else who isn't above mercilessly killing. I think Buu in his naivete would be the next best candidate. You could entice him with the hope of gorging himself on various different kinds of food. Quite the ironic development that would be too -- the entity who at one point had brought Kaioshins in U7 to the brink of extinction now becoming existentially tied to their survival and functionality.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri May 01, 2020 12:54 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:52 am Goku would be a horrible Destroyer lol. He literally doesn't give a shit that Freeza is blowing up planets left and right, somehow he'd be an even worse Destroyer than Beerus.
Freeza was never the type to recklessly destroy, he's not Boo.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Fri May 01, 2020 3:57 am

Lionel wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:04 am If Freeza was kept on a leash and mellowed out as what appeared to be the case in the TOP arc then I could actually see him making an acceptable Hakaishin candidate. Despite his ambitions, Freeza seems capable of compromising within institutions that he's aware supersede his own authority. Imagine if his personality developed where he began to operate as more of a backstage influencer and schemer hoping to improve his situation by manipulating and brokering deals with others.

Freeza is an inherently selfish, amoral individual but I think the constraints of working within a system like the Hakaishin echelon could shift him over into more of a dark neutral category.

The Hakaishin role fundamentally requires a willingness to wipe out whole species of population. Despite whatever anti-hero tendencies they may have, I can't see the current Piccolo and Vegeta agreeing to exterminate so many people just for the sake of balancing the cosmic scales, and I doubt Tenshinhan would be accepting of such bloodshed even at his worst when he was aspiring to become an assassin.

Should Freeza not be considered then it would have to be someone else who isn't above mercilessly killing. I think Buu in his naivete would be the next best candidate. You could entice him with the hope of gorging himself on various different kinds of food. Quite the ironic development that would be too -- the entity who at one point had brought Kaioshins in U7 to the brink of extinction now becoming existentially tied to their survival and functionality.
Would Cell work? Many of the Gods of Destruction seem to operate under their own philosophy. Helles is very conscious towards aesthetics and ugliness (not just in looks), Mosco is all about intelligence. Cell might operate under a philosophy of perfection.

I think Frieza is more likely to work over Buu simply due to Frieza's superior intelligence. Frieza would at the very least be an okay Hakaishin. Being ruthless and merciless are favorable traits for the job, though being selfish isn't. I see Frieza almost as the middle ground between Giin and Quitela. Giin is a ruthless and merciless God of Destruction, but he's not self-serving. He cares about his job. Quitela is conniving, manipulative, and underhanded, and he doesn't seem to care about his job. That would potentially be Frieza's biggest flaw; he would be self-serving. I think he'd at least be better than Quitela though.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:23 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:54 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:52 am Goku would be a horrible Destroyer lol. He literally doesn't give a shit that Freeza is blowing up planets left and right, somehow he'd be an even worse Destroyer than Beerus.
Cue him invading and probably exterminating an entire planet by the end of Broly.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri May 01, 2020 10:13 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:23 am
goku the krump dancer wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:54 am
Cue him invading and probably exterminating an entire planet by the end of Broly.
Lets not forget Freeza's a business man. I'll show up, reek enough havoc to beat the target species into submission and force them to work for me, thus expanding my army and maybe selling the planet off to the highest bidder.

Also i know Piccolo seemed like the obvious choice but he doesn't even take too kindly to being God of Earth, so he just plays chaperone to Dende along with Popo. He also doesn't even go any extra mile to try to ensure the other Namekians are safe, i'm sure to him the thought of having to look after an entire universe is nightmare fuel.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Mac
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mac » Fri May 01, 2020 5:08 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:57 am
Would Cell work? Many of the Gods of Destruction seem to operate under their own philosophy. Helles is very conscious towards aesthetics and ugliness (not just in looks), Mosco is all about intelligence. Cell might operate under a philosophy of perfection.
Cell would be a fascinating choice.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat May 02, 2020 6:31 am

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:57 am
Lionel wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:04 am If Freeza was kept on a leash and mellowed out as what appeared to be the case in the TOP arc then I could actually see him making an acceptable Hakaishin candidate. Despite his ambitions, Freeza seems capable of compromising within institutions that he's aware supersede his own authority. Imagine if his personality developed where he began to operate as more of a backstage influencer and schemer hoping to improve his situation by manipulating and brokering deals with others.

I think Frieza is more likely to work over Buu simply due to Frieza's superior intelligence. Frieza would at the very least be an okay Hakaishin. Being ruthless and merciless are favorable traits for the job, though being selfish isn't. I see Frieza almost as the middle ground between Giin and Quitela. Giin is a ruthless and merciless God of Destruction, but he's not self-serving. He cares about his job. Quitela is conniving, manipulative, and underhanded, and he doesn't seem to care about his job. That would potentially be Frieza's biggest flaw; he would be self-serving. I think he'd at least be better than Quitela though.
Both are interested in self-preservation. Hopefully they would understand the essential nature of improving their universe's mortal ranking instead of arbitrarily exploiting their power to butcher civilisations and profiteer off them. In the interest of hegemony/perfecting the world around as he believes himself to be, they would be best off improving their inhabited planets somehow. They could still sate their selfish desires by either monopolising their economies around the PTO or transforming them into a warrior species with exceptional talent to partake/bask in.

You know, frame the self-serving interests of their personal characters around the broader necessity of minimising their potential erasure at the hands of Zeno.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat May 02, 2020 5:03 pm

If it could be anyone regardless of power, then what about Pilaf? He would certainly love the position of power and authority, and he's perfectly willing to kill people if he has to. He's also fairly competent at organizing things and doing things efficiently.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:12 pm

She isn't really part of main main cast yet, but I can only see older (maybe teen) Bra becoming direct Beerus' disciple, cause the whole subverting expectations thing.

Even though it is kinda predictable at the same time.