Which Character from the Main cast would make a great god of destruction?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Which Character from the Main cast would make a great god of destruction?

Post by Mad Swami » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:17 pm

Uub maybe?

Frieza sure

Piccolo? I guess he could become the demon king of destruction. However aside from personality nothing really pushes him to be one. Like story-wise who really is Piccolo any more. He is sadly irrelevant.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:27 am

Main cast? As is in Z warriors? Then probably Piccolo. He was or is part of a god anyways. He would understand the responsibilities of being a deity. Destroying worlds where he saw no potential in.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:43 pm

Well, as an overall package, Vegeta is currently set to be the most cut out for the job. He has enough power, skill and control, he's learnt how to be a responsible authority figure, and his ruthless temperament would make him fit in with the other Hakaishin. Destroying planets wouldn't weigh as heavily on his conscience compared to other characters, but he'd be sensible enough to not to it for petty reasons unlike Beerus. Piccolo is already basically a god and also has a wise, responsible character so would be a good second choice, though narratively there's nothing yet to indicate he would want to be one.

Goku would make a terrible Hakaishin. He's too nice and would be even less responsible on the job than Beerus. He's said several times that he's not interested in such a boring, unchallenging role. I don't think it's in-character for him to ever accept a godly position.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:11 pm

Who would make a good god of destruction? Vegeta. Who could be a god of destruction who's horrible? Frieza. Only other realistic possibility? Broly.

Goku has made it adamantly clear he never, ever wants the position or what it entails. So really, I only see those three possibilities. Piccolo would also be cool if he ever became strong enough, but I doubt that'd happen.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:24 pm

Freeza would be my absolute favorite choice. He accepts the job, but then there would be some vague strings attached that Whis could hold over him that wouldn't allow him to follow through with his evil plans and he would basically be trapped having to do his job as a God of Destruction. Every time he gets needlessly angry Whis would be there to bring him down or be like, "Uh-uh-uh, Lord Freeza... remember what happened last time you didn't listen? ^_^" something like that, I dunno, but I would love to see that dynamic.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.