What are the best and worst writers who have been in Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ronaldnorth_03
Beyond Newbie

What are the best and worst writers who have been in Super?

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:54 pm

What are the best and worst writers who have been to the Super? What are the characteristics that most catch your attention?

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: What are the best and worst writers who have been in Super?

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:23 pm

I don't think it's an issue of having good and bad writers as much as not having a head writer to guide everyone. In one episode Goku would act a certain way, only to act the complete opposite in the next. Vegeta was said to be out of power after taking out Toppo, only to be at full power in the very next episode. I could be wrong and there was a head writer, but it seemed more like everyone was just told to do whatever and move on.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri May 01, 2020 1:38 am

Whoever wrote Zamasu as a dollar store Light Yagami and generic JRPG villain who cries when he gives speeches.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:28 am

Peach wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:38 am Whoever wrote Zamasu as a dollar store Light Yagami and generic JRPG villain who cries when he gives speeches.
Yeah, how dares a villain cry, that is so stupid and bad. Villains are supposed to be cool, and cool people dont cry.

We'll just ignore that he only cried once, and that was because he was literally falling apart both mentally and physically.

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Fri May 01, 2020 9:06 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:28 am
Peach wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:38 am Whoever wrote Zamasu as a dollar store Light Yagami and generic JRPG villain who cries when he gives speeches.
Yeah, how dares a villain cry, that is so stupid and bad. Villains are supposed to be cool, and cool people dont cry.

We'll just ignore that he only cried once, and that was because he was literally falling apart both mentally and physically.
Seconded. It was honestly refreshing seeing a villain crying.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri May 01, 2020 9:21 am

Men so rarely cry in shounen that it was really nice to see Zamasu cry.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri May 01, 2020 9:25 am

Super’s writers were quite hit and miss, so it’s not unusual to see someone who has written the best episodes also being behind some bad ones.

If I had to say the worst, then there’s no doubt it’s Ayumu Hisao who only wrote two episodes, 119 and 126.

While the best one, for me, is King Ryu, who wrote some of the best episodes such as 56 and 95.
The 2nd best being Atsuhiro Tomioka and the 3rd Toshio Yoshitaka.

This information can all easily be found here, by the way, thanks to Kanzenshuu’s awesome staff who went through all the work to give us this information:
https://www.kanzenshuu.com/animation-pr ... /database/
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri May 01, 2020 9:20 pm

emperior wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:25 am Super’s writers were quite hit and miss, so it’s not unusual to see someone who has written the best episodes also being behind some bad ones.

If I had to say the worst, then there’s no doubt it’s Ayumu Hisao who only wrote two episodes, 119 and 126.

While the best one, for me, is King Ryu, who wrote some of the best episodes such as 56 and 95.
The 2nd best being Atsuhiro Tomioka and the 3rd Toshio Yoshitaka.

This information can all easily be found here, by the way, thanks to Kanzenshuu’s awesome staff who went through all the work to give us this information:
https://www.kanzenshuu.com/animation-pr ... /database/
I was gonna say, I seem to recall 119 and 126 were both written by the same person so thanks for letting us know. Definitely them, easily the two worst episodes in the Tournament of Power arc, probably top 5 for the rest of the series as well.