Is anyone else dissapointed that Vegeta doesn’t get a new transformation?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Is anyone else dissapointed that Vegeta doesn’t get a new transformation?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue May 19, 2020 2:21 am

I know I am. And severely so. I’m just tired of seeing SSJ Blue. Evolution, or not. It’s still another SSJ Blue. I don’t like the color Blue and never will. I prefered for Vegeta to get a new transformation. Anything but Blue. Wether it’s green, purple, black, or heck even a SSJ Rainbow form would’ve been cool!

But in the latest manga panel of this chapter that was leaked, we could clearly see Vegeta transforming into his SSB Evolved Form from the manga. So that to me signifies that he doesn’t get a new transformation. Which sucks.

Why recolors matter.

Recolors matter greatly, since they easily signify a new level of power. We as humans are visual beings. And so the fastest and most effective way to have us comprehend a new level of power, is through a different color, which represents a different ki level. Sure, Evo is stronger than regular Blue, and Vegeta may have attained Spirit Control (a non empirical change), but it’s still.. SSJ Blue.. Albeit a slightly different version of it. So we would always mentally associate it with the Blue level, even if it’s vastly stronger.

With UI (both the Omen and True versions) the change is immediately apparant. Goku gets either black or silver hair, with a completely different colored aura. A mostly silver, multicolored one. That has bits of blue and even purple in it.

But this is just dissapointing. Seeing him continue to use the old Evolved Blue form is not satisfying to my eyes.

What do you think?

MechaTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Re: Is anyone else dissapointed that Vegeta doesn’t get a new transformation?

Post by MechaTrunks » Tue May 19, 2020 5:38 am

We spent the first 300 chapters of the series without any new transformation, and I for one love to see the series expanding new concepts to give the characters a nice power up.
Vegeta's spirit training is much better than simply let's say SSJ2 Blue (which is already that evolved SSJ form hi has since the ToP).
If new power ups had been tied to new transformations until now it was because the saiyans had already reached the limits of his base state with the way they had been training until then.
Super started too strong with 2 new forms in 2 very short sagas, and I like that they haven't gone the easy way of new saga = new form.

If you start pouring new forms in each saga the impact of seeing a new transformatiion will fade quickly.

Regards!

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue May 19, 2020 9:21 am

No I’d rather Vegeta learn a new interesting technique than just get a power up/transformation that will just be over powered in a few chapters anyways

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue May 19, 2020 10:25 am

No, as we have too many forms as it is. He'll get one eventually (or 2-3 depending on how long modern DB lasts), but for the time being, I think it was the right move to focus on techniques and move away from transformation.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Tue May 19, 2020 12:44 pm

Based on what we know now:
- He was already adressing his new powers in baseform, as he was a lot stronger in base when he used it on Yardrat.
- When he confronts Moro, he immediately shifts to his stronger Blue-form. If he has a new transformation, why shouldn't he have done that right of the bat, as he already knew from Gokus failure how strong Moro was?

This may indicate he's not getting another form. But it's not sure.

Ultra Instinct is another state of mind. Goku can't apply it in his other forms.
But this is not a different state if Vegeta can apply it in every form. In that case it's more like a standard ability, like Instant Transmission or Final Flash,
and it somehow makes sense a new transformation is not really needed in that case.

We should wait untill next chapters to make more definitive conclusions about his new ability and the visual consequences.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 19, 2020 12:59 pm

Before that question, I have one of my own and let us be honest: how many Saiyan transformations will it take so that you all be satisfied?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue May 19, 2020 1:04 pm

If people want transformations to end so badly (which I do too!) then SSJ Blue or SSJ Blue Evo ain’t the transformation to end it with guys! We need a new state for Vegeta, kinda like Ultra Instinct! To truly end the strain of transformations!

SSBE is not exactly the type for an “Ultimate Form.”

If you want transformations to end, than you must introduce one last, final ultimate form for Vegeta. Like UI is for Goku!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue May 19, 2020 2:40 pm

Vegeta not getting his ultimate power-up similar to Ultra Instinct now doesn’t mean he won’t in the future.

I am actually very pleased to see they haven’t given Vegeta a new transformation but a new technique. It makes me very hyped to see what it is. And I hope that, in the future, they will keep introducing more techniques rather than new transformations.

Give me more of Roshi, Korin, Kami, King Kai, Whis and Pybara training with the end result being new techniques and/or improved spiritual and physical combat capabilities, and less of new Super Saiyan transformations.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue May 19, 2020 5:24 pm

Grimlock wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:59 pmHow many Saiyan transformations will it take so that you all be satisfied?
Probably not until we get one for every color, before moving into Ssj4 and giving that multiple colors. I really wish Toriyama went through with what he said when BOG opened by only having Goku (and Vegeta) focus on Ssj1 and their base forms
GodVegetto91 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:04 pmIf you want transformations to end, than you must introduce one last, final ultimate form for Vegeta. Like UI is for Goku!
Trust me, UI will not be Goku's final form. Depending on how long this revival lasts, he could easily get 2-3 new forms.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 19, 2020 9:59 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:24 pmProbably not until we get one for every color, before moving into Ssj4 and giving that multiple colors. I really wish Toriyama went through with what he said when BOG opened by only having Goku (and Vegeta) focus on Ssj1 and their base forms
And losing their main and best way to make profit through merchandising in the process? You nuts!?

Even Super Saiyan God, which was supposed to be a one-time thing since its power can be absorbed, returned. They have to sell it, they can't afford to stick with the "better writing" idea. :roll: (Damn, that Saiyan beyond God concept was interesting while it lasted...).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue May 19, 2020 10:11 pm

Grimlock wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:59 pmEven Super Saiyan God, which was supposed to be a one-time thing since its power can be absorbed, returned.
They took away what made it unique just as they're doing with UI.
Last edited by Matches Malone on Tue May 19, 2020 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue May 19, 2020 10:14 pm

I think it's too soon for another transformation.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed May 20, 2020 3:13 am

Vegeta may have learned a new technique rather than a transformation right now...but I'm really hoping that his final transformation down the line will be SSJ Purple: as in, Vegeta will have unlocked the power of a Hakaishin(similar to Toppo) and it will be a shiny, purple variant of SSJ. While Vegeta might not be interested in holding the position of Hakaishin, he certainly would desire the power & abilities of one so that he can stand ahead of most other fighters in raw strength. As Whis has said, Vegeta's too much of a stubborn & prodigious fighter to want to surrender himself to a teacher and learn lessons in improving in any other field besides sheer might. It would fit his style.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:29 am

theherodjl wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:13 am Vegeta may have learned a new technique rather than a transformation right now...but I'm really hoping that his final transformation down the line will be SSJ Purple: as in, Vegeta will have unlocked the power of a Hakaishin(similar to Toppo) and it will be a shiny, purple variant of SSJ. While Vegeta might not be interested in holding the position of Hakaishin, he certainly would desire the power & abilities of one so that he can stand ahead of most other fighters in raw strength. As Whis has said, Vegeta's too much of a stubborn & prodigious fighter to want to surrender himself to a teacher and learn lessons in improving in any other field besides sheer might. It would fit his style.
I would be FINE with that. It’s actually one of my candetory transformations. Purple was on the list, considering his first galick gun in the series was purple. And ofcourse, the whole God of Destruction thing/level you’ve mentioned. I myself love purple. It has been my favorite color for a long time.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed May 20, 2020 6:49 am

I agree that, if they have to give Vegeta a new color for his ultimate power-up, then purple would be perfect as it’s also a color often associated with royalty, and is also the color of his Galick Gun.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Wed May 20, 2020 4:46 pm

No. Characters don't need a bunch of transformations to be interesting, cool or helpful in a story. DB has a lot of great characters who don't have any transformations. I think if anything Goku/Vegeta need to start condensing this mess of form cycling they've found themselves in. There's a reason why Ultimate Gohan is my favorite thing. No needless extra forms and their drawbacks.

Block88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Block88 » Thu May 21, 2020 6:01 pm

Hell no we don’t need anymore recolors at this point.
this idea vegeta need some new transformation is laughable

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Thu May 21, 2020 9:30 pm

I literally can't think of anything i'd want less in this series than Vegeta to get a new form that is a new colour

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu May 21, 2020 9:39 pm

Please no more transformations. It's been over-saturated and vapid for years, if not decades now. Let's see the actual warrior aspect, aptitude and all, that doesn't involve morphing their hair and pumping out more raw force.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri May 22, 2020 12:02 am

Honestly, I kind of like just sitting on Blue for the time being. I only want the characters to have one transformation at a time myself, so a new transformation would mean retiring Blue. Frankly, I kind of like how Blue has just...not ended. Five years and it's still the 'main form'. I really like that. It also maintains the normal hair style of the Super Saiyan form, which I also like.

I don't mind Vegeta getting a new transformation, though. I'd prefer he learn Migatte no Goku'i, though.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter