What kind of a weirdo do you expect for a new boss?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

What kind of a weirdo do you expect for a new boss?

Post by Psajdak » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:32 pm

Personally, I'd like to see some bones, skeleton based enemy.

As for personality, I think someone laid back, and jolly, full of spirit, would have been refreshing.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: What kind of a weirdo do you expect for a new boss?

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:16 am

A psychotic Santa Claus.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:15 pm

I've always loved evil organizations.

Susui, the Espada, the Akatsuki, the Chimera ants. Would love something like that, with a super epic top dog. Jiren, Zamasu, and Moro are all pretty boring IMO.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:50 pm

Maybe a villain who develops an innocent obsession with a protagonist? Deliberately committing a few bad deeds to get the protagonist roused up enough to desire to fight because said-villain happens to find the company and any activities performed with the protagonist to be fun? Maybe Sun Wukong or something based directly off the character?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:56 am

-A group of useful villains for an arc instead of just a movie, that doesnt betray each other. Forcing the heroes to face them in small groups and/or one on one. Sorta like the what the Akatsuki were for Naruto or the Oracion Seis/Tartaros were for Fairy Tail.
Dragon Ball has had several groups villains such as Frieza Force (though most members besides Frieza are ever given enough credibility), Bojack's Space pirates (but it was just a movie, not an arc), even Moro's freed galactic prisoners (though most were wasted by having Goku deal with them quickly and being killed off by Moro himself). Best example I can think of in this series is the Core Fighters from Super Dragon Ball Heroes.

-A villian that is a darker version of Goku, but not like Turles or Black were where they just look like him. I mean his personality. The villian could be playful, carefree, sorta lovable, etc. But has an even worse obsession than Goku does with fighting strong opponents, and is willing to do horrible things to get a death match and to fight strong fighters. Pretty much personality wise it would be Goku mixed with Hisoka from HxH or something.

-Dr/technology based villian that uses technology to create unique obstacles for the heroes. For example the heroes have on ki-sealing cuffs like in Super Dragon Ball Heroes that puts them all on a level playing field and weaker than the villian/villains till they figure out a way to remove said device, etc.

-A tyrant/nemesis like being that forces everyone to work together to beat since he just keeps coming no matter what hits it. Closest example DB has is bio broly I guess.

-More antagonist than villianz. A group of beings that somehow mistakes the heroes as unworthy/dangerous and tries to eliminate them. A retcon version of the Shadow Dragons would work. In this scenario they'd be Zarama and his 7 Super Dragons. They would again force the team into handicap, groups, and one on one fights.

-Not villains, but I'd like to see the 12 gods of destruction face off against the ToP competitors. Show some of the TOP fighters from all the other universe to have gotten stronger, had change of hearts after the ToP, etc. This arc would end with the 12 gods winning clean slate to once again show how strong they are while giving Goku and friends a goal to reach said level one day, but realize they aren't at the level just yet once the 12 GoDs get more serious later in the arc.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:21 am

A person made out of ink. They are just an inked in outline and Gokuu is allergic to their very presence. They're the strongest foe yet!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:59 am

I want an evil God or angel who is manipulating events behind the scenes and no one knows they're evil

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:59 am

An evil giraffe from another universe that gets stronger the longer his neck grows

Someone already mentioned it above, but Santa Claus from a different dimension that attacks the universe every once in a while on Christmas

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:11 am

I still like the idea of a villain who is significantly weaker than the main protagonists, but exploits politics, public opinion, and uses underhanded tactics to turn all of their friends and allies against them.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:15 am

A villain who can alter the rules of a fight so a battle can't just be won in the standard Dragon Ball way. And he/she makes extravagent rules for everyone they fight such as disabling ki powers and forcing Vegeta or someone into a sword fight. Forcing Goku into a tennis match and Piccolo into a round of Virtua Fighter or Dragon Ball Heroes in an arcade.

I think the psychic arc in Yu Yu Hakusho inspired the idea. It's fun to take established characters out of their comfort zones.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-