When/if series moves past EoZ, what things do you think are going to happen?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

When/if series moves past EoZ, what things do you think are going to happen?

Post by Psajdak » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:44 am

Personally, the one thing I am almost certain of, is that Pan, and Bra will be vastly different characters from their GT selves.
I myself liked teenage Pan when I saw GT properly 2-3 years ago, and as for Bra, well, there wasn't much of her, to be honest, but I guess she did have a nice funny moments with her dad Vegeta...

Still, at this point they are quite 90s characters.

IMO, while I don't believe they will ever receive some major role, I can see them being U7 primary female Super Saiyans, and Pan becoming a new masked heroine type of character, similar to Great Saiyan, but somewhat more modern, and what I before already mentioned, Bra being future U7 Hakaishin, but more in a way of just giving her some promising potential, which will eventually just end up not important anymore.

I can see Beerus, not being Hakaishin anymore, at some point actually becoming an active member of U7 fighters.

emperior
I Live Here

Re: When/if series moves past EoZ, what things do you think are going to happen?

Post by emperior » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:50 am

I will probably be dead by the time they decide to go after EoZ if they ever do it :lol:

But if they do, I think Bra and Pan will be very side characters like Goten and Trunks are right now. Heck, even Goten and Trunks will keep being sidelined but probably less as they may take over the current role Krillin, Tenshinan and company have.
Gohan and Piccolo will keep being as relevant as they have been in Super... so sporadically important.

Uub will be prominent though in my opinion. He will be more important than Whis and Beerus have been in Super so he will always be around in some capacity.

Bulma will keep being an important character, and so will Whis and Beerus but the latter will probably play a more active role.
Freeza will be still alive doing stuff and every once and then Hit, Jiren and Broly would appear.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: When/if series moves past EoZ, what things do you think are going to happen?

Post by Peach » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:22 pm

I don't think the End of Z will happen for a very long time.

Goku is passing the torch to the next generation and Vegeta acts like he's retired. Goku and Vegeta make too much money right now for them to do that.

I see it happening either two ways:

1) Starring Uub, Pan, Bra, Marron, other kids, and other next generation characters in their teenage and young adult years. Their stories of how they save the world, travel the universe, and search for the Dragon Balls. Little involvement to no involvement from legacy characters.

2) The Legend of Korra treatment. A completely new set of characters far into the future. Goku, Vegeta, Frieza are long dead or far away off planet permanently. Namekians and Majins have established communities on Earth. The people of Earth no longer think Ki is a trick. Goku seems more of a distant legend. Maybe an older, wiser, badass Uub is a mentor figure. Or Krillin has taken over Kame House.

I don't think either would happen until have Grandchildren lol.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:18 pm

I don't think anything will change drastically. I don't think we're going to suddenly get more death just because we've moved past the end of the original comic.

Personally, what I want as a WLW, is to see Pan and Bra be gay, do cute stuff and beat up assholes.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

head_cha_la
Not-So-Newbie

Post by head_cha_la » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:26 pm

I hope they focus on the characters from Universe 6 with Goku and Vegeta!

I don't see the point of focusing on Uub, Pan and Bra in universe 7 when there is Goku and Vegeta in universe 7!

I need more character development outside the Goku and Vegeta family.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:09 pm

I think Toei and Toriyama are too complacent in Goku's role as the active protagonist for them to consider shifting the focus to a younger generation. They attempted that back in 1992-1995 and it became an unfortunate failure thanks to Toriyama's perceptions. Goku would likely still be heavily involved. At best, I think Uub could function as the prospective young pupil looking to prove himself but coming up short and being told he has a ways to go.

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Murjin » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:20 pm

This is what i hope happens starting from chapter 62 of the Dragon Ball Super manga and beyond....

1. Moro/7-3 beats down on the Z Fighters
2. Goku is forced to use Ultra Instinct (silver) & delivers some very damaging blows to Moro/7-3
3. Goku then fades out of Ultra Instinct, while Moro/7-3 is licking his wounds
4. Vegeta then recovers from being knocked out by Moro/7-3 ; this time Vegeta uses 2 of the new techniques he learned on Yardrat. He usees the multiplication technique and surrounds Moro/7-3 forming a circle around him....then all the Vegeta "clones" use Forced Spirit Fission tearing out 7-3 from Moro.
5. Gohan seeing 7-3 removed goes in for the kill and destroys him.
6. Vegeta then vaporizes old Moro to dust giving Vegeta the big "W"
7. Even though Vegeta won the fight, he does know that Goku's Ultra Instinct (silver) is still superior to his Super Saiyan Blue Evolved form which ties in to what Vegeta said at the end of the original manga where he still plans to surpass Goku.
8. With Moro dead and that threat gone, the Z FIghters enjoy a time of peace which leads to the End of Z.
9. We see a time skip, but with a bit of a recap where we find out that Goku and Uub did meet at the tournament 10 years after the battle with Majin Buu and then we see Goku staying at Uub's village.
10. Goku trains Uub, teaches him ki control, the Kame Hame Ha, the Kaio-Ken, etc. Then Goku finds out Uub may be human but he has inherited some of Buu's abilities like being able to heal quickly (similar to Wolverine), but obviously not to the same extent as Buu (like losing limbs). He also is a quick learner, similar to Broly, but maybe not to an extreme manner. Later on Goku trains Uub how to control god ki (which was absorbed by Majin buu from the Grand Kaioshin).
11. Have an arc or two where Goku and Uub can fight along side each other against a big baddie or two.
12. Then take Goku and Vegeta out of the picture for a few arcs where they go to the Grand Priest to train leaving earth's warriors like Uub, Pan, Bra, Goten, Trunks, Buu and Gohan to defend the peace. Maybe bring in Broly as well. Goku's goal is still to learn how to use Ultra Instinct at will and to maintain it too and then further increase it's power. Vegeta on the other hand would be cool if he had an alternate power that would counter Ultra Instinct. Goku and Vegeta would be almost like the ying and yang. Both strong in their own way but equal.
13. Bring back Goku and Vegeta against the most powerful of baddies of all.....maybe borrow ideas of the Shadow Dragon Arc....but in this one it's about Zalama, maybe he is evil and now is threatening the whole multi-verse. So we would see Jiren, Hit, Kale, etc plus other powerful fighters from the universes that didn't participate in the T.O.P.
14. After this huge battle/war ..... the story would line up with Dragon Ball Online's idea.....Goku and Vegeta decide to challenge each other to a final battle out in outerspace where they ultimately destroy each other causing a super nova.
15. Then the story can shift back to the Z fighters with Uub and gang taking the spotlight.
16. Goku and Vegeta now dead, could still be mentors and maybe the odd time help from beyond the grave (like the Bojack movie, or when Goku helped Gohan against Perfect Cell).
17. Either create a spin-off and tell stories from other universes (Jiren and the Pride Troopers) or make a stand alone film about them.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:04 pm

head_cha_la wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:26 pm I hope they focus on the characters from Universe 6 with Goku and Vegeta!

I don't see the point of focusing on Uub, Pan and Bra in universe 7 when there is Goku and Vegeta in universe 7!

I need more character development outside the Goku and Vegeta family.
Yes. It would be cool if Cabba, Kale and Caulifla joined the Z fighters or if we get a Sadala arc.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:12 pm

Psajdak wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:44 am Personally, the one thing I am almost certain of, is that Pan, and Bra will be vastly different characters from their GT selves.
I myself liked teenage Pan when I saw GT properly 2-3 years ago, and as for Bra, well, there wasn't much of her, to be honest, but I guess she did have a nice funny moments with her dad Vegeta...

Still, at this point they are quite 90s characters.

IMO, while I don't believe they will ever receive some major role, I can see them being U7 primary female Super Saiyans, and Pan becoming a new masked heroine type of character, similar to Great Saiyan, but somewhat more modern, and what I before already mentioned, Bra being future U7 Hakaishin, but more in a way of just giving her some promising potential, which will eventually just end up not important anymore.

I can see Beerus, not being Hakaishin anymore, at some point actually becoming an active member of U7 fighters.
uub maybe he can contribute something but honestly it would bother me .. that we stay on earth and anything that involves uub will surely be there. ...

the grace of pan and bura was that they would be the first super saiyan women ... but caulifla and kale exist now and in comparison I see them more interesting than two girls who grew up as normal humans

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Murjin » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:28 pm

I think Uub should have his time to shine. If done the right way. :thumbup:

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:49 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:12 pm the grace of pan and bura was that they would be the first super saiyan women ... but caulifla and kale exist now and in comparison I see them more interesting than two girls who grew up as normal humans
The thing is, we don't really know anything about canon teen Bra, and Pan.

And, IMO, being a normal human, or growing up as one doesn't mean character is less interesting, I mean, just look at Mutenroshi, Satan, Bulma, and many others...

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:14 pm

Psajdak wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:49 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:12 pm the grace of pan and bura was that they would be the first super saiyan women ... but caulifla and kale exist now and in comparison I see them more interesting than two girls who grew up as normal humans
The thing is, we don't really know anything about canon teen Bra, and Pan.

And, IMO, being a normal human, or growing up as one doesn't mean character is less interesting, I mean, just look at Mutenroshi, Satan, Bulma, and many others...
because roshi lived and trained in a violent time as in the time when King piccolo reigned ..
that depends I see 2 cases ... I consider a problem that bura were only a copy of her mother ... but in fairness I do not see it is coherent that it were a bad copy of her father as is bura in multiverse if she grows up in a peaceful world

Pan could have a better chance if he keeps the fighting spirit in the epilogue .. Could it be the heroine that her mother couldn't be