My Dragon Ball Super rewrite

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

My Dragon Ball Super rewrite

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:39 pm

Goku and Vegeta never achieve SSJ Blue, and instead opt to attain and master SSJ God.

So after the Beerus Arc, Goku learns to retap into SSJ God, while Vegeta learns it on his own through training with Whis.

Shortly after training with Whis, they can both tap into it at will. And then train with him for 5 years.

In my version of the story, the SSJ God transformation is a 1 Trillion times multiplier!

So SSJ God = 1 Trillion x SSJ3!

It’s literally a “different dimension“ of power.

Whereas SSJ3 Vegito would be only 1000x SSJ3 Goku!

So you see, SSJ God is whole orders of magnitude above a hypothetical SSJ3 fusion!

Then they train for 5 years under Whis, and then they finally both decide to “master” the God form in the same way that Goku and Gohan mastered SSJ1 back in the Cell Arc.

So they both remain transformed for a whole month (31 days) in the God form. This will reduce the insane unneccesary stamina issues and effort/ki/energy/power requiered to maintain transformed.

Once that is aqcuired, their God forms have now become AS natural to them as their regular Base forms, resulting in a humongous power increase of 10x. (Because you waste energy/strength just by holding the form initially) if that is no longer there, they will be able to use the FULL potential of the form. Nothing wasted. It’s all yours. It’s like having your cake and eating it too! It’s optimal.

Then finally after that is achieved, they both train to achieve Ultra Instinct!

Once they achieve that, they become 1000x stronger!

MUI Goku = 1000x Mastered SSJ God Goku.

MUI Vegeta = 1000x Mastered SSJ God Vegeta.

Then Goku & Vegeta train to “master” Ultra Instinct in the same way they did to SSJ1 and SSJ God. By getting rid of the strain and effort requiered to maintain the MUI form. And they can remain transformed like that for weeks! It will became AS EASY for them to maintain as their Base.

Gaining another 10x increase!

At this point. Goku and Vegeta have now become.... Complete!

And are now ready to re-challenge and finally beat Lord Beerus!

What do you think about this version of the story fellas?

EDITED!

Goku and Vegeta now BOTH follow the Ultra Instinct route and master it!
Last edited by GodVegetto91 on Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:37 am, edited 5 times in total.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: My Dragon Ball Super rewrite

Post by Mad Swami » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:54 pm

Well not trying to sound rude. It's not a story. There aren't any arcs. Unless your saying Super should have been one giant training arc to rematch with Beerus. However, that sounds hard to do. Who would Goku and Vegeta use these forms to fight?

I like the Mastered SSG talk and the idea that Blue has been opted because it's terrible.

I like the ideas though

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:02 pm

A “slight” alteration to the story, I should add that after they both “master” SSJ God, and BEFORE going their own different routes (Goku attaining and mastering UI, and Vegeta training on Planet Yardrat to unlock his full potential).

A few years passes and they are going to “test” their new powers on different enemies (whom they all beat), and they also test their new MASTERED SSJ God powers on Beerus.

They fare much better against him now, and Beerus is beyond impressed with their new found powers! 5 years of training PLUS mastering the form, has put them on the level where they can now force Beerus to use a good amount of his power! (25%) to be exact. Naturally they still lose in the end.

So they spend quite a few years using their Mastered God Forms! BEFORE going their own separate ways!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:21 pm

Sorry but this has way too much power creep, especially if you would keep Goku and Vegeta still weaker than Beerus.

Honestly the way the manga handled transformations and power-ups was quite nice so far, apart from Vegeta’s own Blue variation he achieved in the Tournament of Power.
I would just get rid of that form and keep the manga’s structure power-level wise.

But if I really had to rewrite stuff I would keep the idea from Battle of Gods that Goku has permanently absorbed SSG’s power and can tap into that strength in his base form too.
And I would get rid of transformations entirely - like a fresh start for Dragon Ball to go back to its more martial-arts focused roots and less on the alien stuff.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:26 pm

In my version of the story, Golden Frieza doesn’t exist! He’s never revived and would never be able to reach the level of power that he did! All the other enemies that they faced don’t exist either. So no Hit, no Zamasu, certainly no Jiren! (A damn random space alien, a mortal!) But Broly does exist, and will be used later. Also, no Moro.

Instead, all the “enemies” that Mastered SSJ God Goku and Vegeta will be facing are Gods of Destruction! 5 of them, 1 for each Arc. They’re all significantly weaker than Beerus. But still very strong! And they do provide a good challenge for our divine Saiyan heroes!

And after they complete their evolution through mastering Ultra Instinct and Spirit Control, they will be facing Angels!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:36 pm

An alternative theory of mine may be even better. Where most of the things mentioned remain the same, except for Vegeta.

In this alternative theory, he follows the exact same route as Goku does. And starts training to attain Ultra Instinct. And then finally “mastering” it in the same way they mastered SSJ1 and SSJ God. Where he can use its FULL power, unhindered by the transformation’s drawbacks.

This way he can ditch the Spirit Control training on Planet Yardrat.

What do you think of that?

That Spirit Control training can be reserved for Broly!

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:55 pm

Yeah... I'm gonna have to echo most of the criticisms. I get that you really like exploration of the Super Saiyan God forms and so on, that's cool, but that's basically all this is about. While I'm certainly not against the idea of Beerus being built up to be the be-all-end-all threat that Goku and Vegeta have to overcome, but blatantly making the entire story about that is too much. It feels very constrictive, and could potentially fall into the Shadow Dragons trap of not having enough variety with these other Hakaishin enemies. I don't like the idea of all the other new characters, villains and arcs being ejected either. That's hardly a "slight" alteration to the story, you'd be completely changing the entire thing.

Not to dampen things but it feels like you'd be stripping too much away and restricting yourself too much to make a complete story. That said, it could work if the anime/manga were much shorter. A lot of things don't look as good when you try to logline them out, so maybe try writing a full script and see how it turns out?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:17 pm

I think relying on numbers is a really faulty way to tell a story. Stories are about emotional fulfillment and getting lost in the trenches of numbers and the like is really dangerous.

I've got a few ideas for a 'rewrite' of Dragon Ball Super. They're not all that finished, though.

One of the ideas I came up with is introducing Zamasu and Gowasu during the Champa arc. This way, I'm able to make the Champa arc and Future Trunks arc work as either two movies or a thirteen episode TV series.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:28 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:55 pm Yeah... I'm gonna have to echo most of the criticisms. I get that you really like exploration of the Super Saiyan God forms and so on, that's cool, but that's basically all this is about. While I'm certainly not against the idea of Beerus being built up to be the be-all-end-all threat that Goku and Vegeta have to overcome, but blatantly making the entire story about that is too much. It feels very constrictive, and could potentially fall into the Shadow Dragons trap of not having enough variety with these other Hakaishin enemies. I don't like the idea of all the other new characters, villains and arcs being ejected either. That's hardly a "slight" alteration to the story, you'd be completely changing the entire thing.

Not to dampen things but it feels like you'd be stripping too much away and restricting yourself too much to make a complete story. That said, it could work if the anime/manga were much shorter. A lot of things don't look as good when you try to logline them out, so maybe try writing a full script and see how it turns out?
I said a slight alteration to my original post.
Last edited by GodVegetto91 on Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:34 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:17 pm I think relying on numbers is a really faulty way to tell a story. Stories are about emotional fulfillment and getting lost in the trenches of numbers and the like is really dangerous.

I've got a few ideas for a 'rewrite' of Dragon Ball Super. They're not all that finished, though.

One of the ideas I came up with is introducing Zamasu and Gowasu during the Champa arc. This way, I'm able to make the Champa arc and Future Trunks arc work as either two movies or a thirteen episode TV series.
Actually.. NO! Numbers are ABSOLUTELY neccesary to reveal the level of power increase for the characters. Just randomly saying “Oh he got a lot stronger.” is very confusing, undefined, and would leave infinitely more questions than answers. Some of us are analytical rationalists that care about analytics and consistency. I’m sorry if you aren’t.

Pythagoras once stated: “All is number, numbers rule the universe.”

He was right.

It seems you’re a feeling type. While I’m a thinking type. Both are fundamentally different people that can not even be compared. It’s like aliens interracting with eachother.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:46 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:34 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:17 pm I think relying on numbers is a really faulty way to tell a story. Stories are about emotional fulfillment and getting lost in the trenches of numbers and the like is really dangerous.

Actually.. NO! Numbers are ABSOLUTELY neccesary to reveal the level of power increase for the characters. Just randomly saying “Oh he got a lot stronger.” is very confusing, undefined, and would leave infinitely more questions than answers. Some of us are analytical rationalists that care about analytics and consistency. I’m sorry if you aren’t.

Pythagoras once stated: “All is number, numbers rule the universe.”

He was right.

It seems you’re a feeling type. While I’m a thinking type. Both are fundamentally different people that can not even be compared. It’s like aliens interracting with eachother.
Numbers have a place in story but they can't just be the story. It really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things how much stronger SSB is to SSG. At least not numerically. All that needs to be communicated is which is stronger. The only reason SSJ1 is 50X Goku's power, is because 20X didn't work. That was honestly the only time the number mattered for a transformation. SSJ2's multiplier is supplementary. All we need to know is it offers great power and great speed unlike the other Grades of SSJ1. Essentially no, numbers don't matter. Most of Dragonball doesn't use them. They are a fun side thing. There is quite literally nothing wrong with being relative with describing power. How lame would it be, if every time in the anime a new form was introduced, instead of describing the effects of the new form's power just how much stronger. Instead of something like "Cell returned with a monstrous level of power rivaling that of Gohan himself!" We get "And Cell returned having powered up 2x his original power!" (I know that these were never said just trying to elaborate). My main point is themes and meaning come way before numerical details. The only sort of number thing a story should really concern itself with is pacing or other actually important rhythmic like application of math in a story.

BTW never refer to yourself as a "thinking type" or someone as a "feeling type" it comes of as condescending and dismissive of someone's stance. I can't just debunk you being one, but you don't look good calling yourself one.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:33 pm

So only SSJ God and Ultra Instinct for Goku and Vegeta. No Yardrat, no Spirit Control. No SSJ Blue or beyond. No random mortal aliens as villains. Only Gods of Destruction and later down the line Angels.

SSJ God - Mastered SSJ God - Ultra Instinct - Mastered Ultra Instinct.

SSJ God = 1 Trillion x SSJ3.

Mastered SSJ God = 10x regular SSJ God.

Ultra Instinct = 1000x Mastered SSJ God.

Mastered Ultra Instinct = 10x regular Ultra Instinct.

After they master SSJ God, they finally start testing their power against enemies. Gods of Destruction! For 5 years straight. 1 GoD for each Arc. They will truly show the fruits of their training!

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:57 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:33 pm So only SSJ God and Ultra Instinct for Goku and Vegeta. No Yardrat, no Spirit Control. No SSJ Blue or beyond. No random mortal aliens as villains. Only Gods of Destruction and later down the line Angels.

After they master SSJ God, they finally start testing their power against enemies. Gods of Destruction! For 5 years straight. 1 GoD for each Arc. They will truly show the fruits of their training!
But Vegeta doesn't make sense for Ultra Instinct. It doesn't suit him. It is practically tailored for Goku. Also why no Zamasu? Why just G.O.Ds that sounds boring. What would be the themes and lessons? Why are the G.O.Ds so astronomically different in terms of power? Why would they fight the G.O.Ds?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:23 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:39 pmWhat do you think about this version of the story fellas?
It focuses too much on the power side of things and not the stories, which are Super's main problem.

Changes I'd make to RF:
Changes I'd make to the Champa arc:

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:29 am

Mad Swami wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:57 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:33 pm So only SSJ God and Ultra Instinct for Goku and Vegeta. No Yardrat, no Spirit Control. No SSJ Blue or beyond. No random mortal aliens as villains. Only Gods of Destruction and later down the line Angels.

But Vegeta doesn't make sense for Ultra Instinct. It doesn't suit him. It is practically tailored for Goku. Also why no Zamasu? Why just G.O.Ds that sounds boring. What would be the themes and lessons? Why are the G.O.Ds so astronomically different in terms of power? Why would they fight the G.O.Ds?
This is my story. And I make the rules. In my story, Ultra Instinct DOES suit Vegeta! And you can call it boring all you want, but I don’t care about all these strange morals you guys seem to have. I only care about what makes sense from a progressive storytelling perspective. And as things stand now, only GODS should be allowed to touch Goku and Vegeta now. Not some stupid grey random space Alien, or another random hitman. The power creep has indeed gotten insane once you reach literal God level. And that’s exactly how I like it! No mortals shall ever touch Gods!

As for their conflict? A random reason will be provided for it I’m sure. The Gods of Destruction in my version of the story aren’t neccesarily neutral, and can in fact be quite malevolent! Like evil villains! The same goes for the Angels, though they are more laidback. Beerus and Whis are the nicest of their kind.

As for “WHY” they are so astronomically different in terms of sheer power level from the rest of the Dragon Ball characters...

It’s because they’re Gods of Destruction!

Literal destroyer Gods!

Get it? Their job is to destroy. Anything they like!

It’s in their name!

Their title!

That’s why they have been granted with an exceptionally high level of battle power.. Of a whole new kind, previously totally unfathomed!
Last edited by GodVegetto91 on Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:50 am, edited 10 times in total.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:33 am

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:23 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:39 pmWhat do you think about this version of the story fellas?
It focuses too much on the power side of things and not the stories, which are Super's main problem.

Changes I'd make to RF:
Nice ideas! I like how everything flows from one arc to the other.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:42 am

emperior wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:33 am Nice ideas! I like how everything flows from one arc to the other.
Thanks a lot, I'm hoping to connect the other stories in a similar way. :mrgreen:

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:51 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:29 am
Mad Swami wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:57 pm

This is my story. And I make the rules. In my story, Ultra Instinct DOES suit Vegeta! And you can call it boring all you want, but I don’t care about all these strange morals you guys seem to have. I only care about what makes sense from a progressive storytelling perspective. And as things stand now, only GODS should be allowed to touch Goku and Vegeta now. Not some stupid grey random space Alien, or another random hitman. The power creep has indeed gotten insane once you reach literal God level. And that’s exactly how I like it! No mortals shall ever touch Gods!

As for their conflict? A random reason will be provided for it I’m sure. The Gods of Destruction in my version of the story aren’t neccesarily neutral, and can in fact be quite malevolent! Like evil villains! The same goes for the Angels, though they are more laidback. Beerus and Whis are the nicest of their kind.

As for “WHY” they are so astronomically different in terms of sheer power level from the rest of the Dragon Ball characters...

It’s because they’re Gods of Destruction!

Literal destroyer Gods!

Get it? Their job is to destroy. Anything they wish!

It’s in their name!

Their title!

That’s why they have been granted with an exceptionally high level of battle power.. Of a whole new kind, previously totally unfathomed!
My point is why is Beerus leagues apart from the other G.O.Ds I know why G.O.Ds are strong independently lol. You completely missed the point. However, after re-reading my original statement I get your confusion. My question was why is Beerus>>>>every other G.O.D it doesn't make sense. No duh G.O.Ds are strong

Again why no Zamasu? No one said keep Jiren. Or if you were more "thinking" you could provide creative reasons to explain their strengths just saying. What do you mean by progressive? you boldened it to make it seem important? It's not like these are really challenging ideas so what do you mean? Sincerely curious

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:19 am

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:23 am

Changes I'd make to RF:
You know, I like this a lot.
RoF having the Z gang pushing Freeza into his golden form and only then bring Goku sounds great, a little treat for Gohan-tachi and some nice action, way better than the weak people with boring fights we ended up getting.
Also, great idea needing to gather the DBs to undo Freeza blowing up Earth. You could even add that Freeza erased Namek right before heading to Earth, so only the SDBs could save them now. I really like this, it gives them an actual reason to do the tournament, and something at stake.
I enjoyed Goku getting ringed out and staying out, letting Geets get the glory of the Champa arc.

Really nice way to introduce the hakaishin-kaioshin link with Vegeta almost starting a brawl with Zamasu and U10 as a whole.

The whole Vegeta licking his fingers thinking about Freeza still being alive doesn't work for me though, I'm really done with Freeza for now, at least until late DBS, if at all.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:29 am

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:42 am
emperior wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:33 am Nice ideas! I like how everything flows from one arc to the other.
Thanks a lot, I'm hoping to connect the other stories in a similar way. :mrgreen:
I like the smooth transition and love others receive. I also enjoy a sense of urgency with U6 arc. I have a feeling if you continue the connections that Trunks interrupts the tournament or something.