What is the likelihood of them introducing a Super Saiyan version of Ultra Instinct in the future?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

What is the likelihood of them introducing a Super Saiyan version of Ultra Instinct in the future?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:24 am

I know that this idea is probably not going to be liked very much by fans, but it is something that I can see Toei doing.. Just like they did with SSJ God back in the day. The form just got introduced and immediately already in the next movie they introduced us to the Super Saiyan version of SSJ God (which acted as the Saiyan’s Base form much like MUI is Goku’s base form) Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan or SSJ Blue was the new form that came out of nowhere and was the Super Saiyan version of SSJ God.

Much like how UI is basically Goku’s “Base form”, there is a good possibility that Toei may surprise us again by introducing us to a “Super” Ultra Instinct state! That would basically be like Ultra Instinct Goku “going Super Saiyan” and shooting his Base “MUI” power level up by 50 times! Wait until it is revealed that this new “Super” UI Goku still isn’t on Beerus’ level!😂😂😂

What do you think?

But if they do introduce it, they should have another color added to it! Like some RED! on the outside of the Aura to make it more colorful then simply a Silver colored aura..

Skar
I Live Here

Re: What is the likelihood of them introducing a Super Saiyan version of Ultra Instinct in the future?

Post by Skar » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:05 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:24 amMuch like how UI is basically Goku’s “Base form”, there is a good possibility that Toei may surprise us again by introducing us to a “Super” Ultra Instinct state!
Would that really be a surprise to many fans? If there was going to be another form after MUI, my first thought was a SSJ White or a SSJ with the power of UI. I think the only thing unexpected would be what color Toriyama chooses for it since SSJ Blue was a completely different color than the two forms it was combining.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: What is the likelihood of them introducing a Super Saiyan version of Ultra Instinct in the future?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:10 am

Skar wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:05 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:24 amMuch like how UI is basically Goku’s “Base form”, there is a good possibility that Toei may surprise us again by introducing us to a “Super” Ultra Instinct state!
Would that really be a surprise to many fans? If there was going to be another form after MUI, my first thought was a SSJ White or a SSJ with the power of UI. I think the only thing unexpected would be what color Toriyama chooses for it since SSJ Blue was a completely different color than the two forms it was combining.
You’re right about the color part! SSJ Blue was a completely different color from SSJ God (which was Red!). So if they do end up choosing to introduce a Super Saiyan version of Ultra Instinct, then there is at least a possibility that it either gets an entire color change, or some other colors added to it.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:46 am

No matter how many new forms they bring, basic Super Saiyan forms will always be too iconic to ignore.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:14 am

I think it's very likely, and I'll go as far as to say they'll introduce forms after that even.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:36 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:14 am I think it's very likely, and I'll go as far as to say they'll introduce forms after that even.
As much as I would LOVE a Super Saiyan 1 version of Ultra Instinct, as much as I would absolutely HATE a SSJ2 or SSJ3 version of UI🤢

Lets hope that doesn’t happen.

Just regular Super Saiyan Ultra Instinct is “clean”... (If you know what I mean).

It’s “simple”.

Just.. “Super Ultra Instinct” get it?

These other “ascensions” are just unnecessary and in the way, they completely destroy the value of what UI is supposed to be. These would be (“just another powerup”) and completely against the Spirit of UI.

“Super Saiyan” is afterall the ultimate state. The one transformation above Base, with a direct 50x multiplier.. So it’s a nice “strength addition” to the already invincible Base UI.

But that’s where it should end before it becomes ridiculous and never ending ofcourse.

Feel me?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:40 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:36 amAs much as I would LOVE a Super Saiyan 1 version of Ultra Instinct, as much as I would absolutely HATE a SSJ2 or SSJ3 version of UI🤢
At this point we should only have 3 forms, Ssj1 for the regular "mortal" forms, SsjG or Blue for the "god" forms, & MUI (or Super MUI) for the "angle" forms. They need to somehow streamline things as there are waaaaaay too many forms being used by Goku and Vegeta.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:47 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:40 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:36 amAs much as I would LOVE a Super Saiyan 1 version of Ultra Instinct, as much as I would absolutely HATE a SSJ2 or SSJ3 version of UI🤢
At this point we should only have 3 forms, Ssj1 for the regular "mortal" forms, SsjG or Blue for the "god" forms, & MUI (or Super MUI) for the "angle" forms. They need to somehow streamline things as there are waaaaaay too many forms being used by Goku and Vegeta.
That’s actually a really good idea! They should ditch SSBE too imo. Since it’s just the “SSJ2” version of SSJ Blue.. Hence not allowed under my watch if I were the writer xD

So Base, SSJ1, .....SSJ God, SSGSS, ......Ultra Instinct, “Super” Ultra Instinct.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:18 am

Not that it makes sense, but it's possible.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:59 pm

If it were to exist, it'd be cool to play off the silver of UI by making the hair of the super Saiyan form actually gold as opposed to blonde or yellow. Would seem very final

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:03 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:14 am I think it's very likely, and I'll go as far as to say they'll introduce forms after that even.
Not to be one of those people (but I totally am as the trend goes) but once that happens, that's when I legitimately move on from the franchise. It's bad enough that UI basically is a form but to branch it off into additional SSJ forms is just tedious. The multitude of SSJ forms are already so superfluous.

Could I see it? Yes. It's a good likelihood if they plan to stretch the series out for any length. We can only hope that the series ends long before that or chooses to focus on something else other than transformations ... which is what I thought they were doing with UI.

**Additionally, if they were to continue transformations in any capacity, I'd hope for it to be a Vegeta specialty since Goku is focused on UI. It'd be a nice way to keep them separate and unique.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:10 pm

BWri wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:03 pmNot to be one of those people, but once that happens, that's when I legitimately move on from the franchise.
I don't think I could distance myself from the franchise in terms of keeping up with it, but I've stopped taking it seriously years ago. It's more or less become a parody of its former self.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:07 pm

I think it's less likely than it might've otherwise been, due to the series going out of its way to say that Ultra Instinct and Super Saiyan rely on diametrically opposed emotional states in how they 'work'. Moreover, I think the presupposition that Goku will want to delve into a 50x power boost is likewise opposed to the concepts that have stood behind Ultra Instinct since it was first introduced (which is that it's not about 'plain old fighting strength').

So, if I were to expect the series to be consistent, I don't think it should be likely that we would see it. Adding a personal opinion into the mix, I really wouldn't want to see it, either.

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:57 pm

I only want to see one form stack with UI and its SSJ God. They seem like they're perfect to go together, giving a sleeker more godlike appearance. And the hair combination will conveniently be pink and look like the most divine of all saiyan forms.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:48 pm

Please don't give them any ideas. They'll do rainbow colored hair next.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:23 pm

JewyB wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:57 pm I only want to see one form stack with UI and its SSJ God. They seem like they're perfect to go together, giving a sleeker more godlike appearance. And the hair combination will conveniently be pink and look like the most divine of all saiyan forms.
Impossible. SSJ God doesn’t really exist, as it’s just the result of a BASE Saiyan using God ki = Perfect Ki control, by having none of the aura/ki leaking out of the body. SSJ God really is just Base Goku! Just like Ultra Instinct already is! It is itself! It already IS what you proposed! A Base God form..

Likewise, SSJ Blue is just Super Saiyan really, and nothing else. It is Super Saiyan WITH perfect ki control..

So the only transformations that can be “combined” with UI, are SSJ1, SSJ2, and SSJ3.

The latter two would be a really stupid idea, so that luckily won’t happen in the future hopefully.

But combining Ultra Instinct with Super Saiyan would automatically be a Godly, and Divine Super Saiyan form, because UI has God ki, just like SSJ Blue is a divine Super Saiyan form!

Only mortal transformations (because they’re the BASES) can be used to combine with the God forms = Perfect ki control.

Mortal Base + SSJ1 = Super Saiyan.

Godly Base (SSJ God) + SSJ1 = SSJ Blue.

Angelic Base (Ultra Instinct) + SSJ1 = Super Ultra Instinct.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:06 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:23 pmThe latter two would be a really stupid idea,
And why "combining" it with Super Saiyan wouldn't be as much of a stupid idea?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:14 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:06 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:23 pmThe latter two would be a really stupid idea,
And why "combining" it with Super Saiyan wouldn't be as much of a stupid idea?
Oh come on.. If you can’t see that then I’m not even sure if I should bother explaining it to you.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:17 pm

From an in-universe perspective, only using it with Super Saiyan 3 would theoretically be a bad idea. But as far as we all can tell, Super Saiyan 2 has no drawbacks, so it isn't a bad idea using it. But if there is a problem according to you, yes, you may want to explain that.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:25 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:17 pm From an in-universe perspective, only using it with Super Saiyan 3 would theoretically be a bad idea. But as far as we all can tell, Super Saiyan 2 has no drawbacks, so it isn't a bad idea using it. But if there is a problem according to you, yes, you may want to explain that.
You need to understand the concept and beauty of minimalism.

UI is the new “Base”.. That’s a cool and simple concept.

Adding just one ultimate transformation on top of that (simple Super Saiyan) will give it a whoopin 50x multiplier!

It’s simply the all capable “Ultra Instinct” + a 50x “Super” Power-up!

That’s still simple and overseeable. It’s not ridiculous or filled with many different powerups.

It’s just “1” ultimate super powerup over Base MUI! That’s cool, simple, and clean!

Remember that MUI was originally supposed to be just a Base Goku with mastery of self movement, being supremely powerful by itself without the need for any additional Super Saiyan transformations.