Are we going to see a timeskip in Chapter 68???

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Are we going to see a timeskip in Chapter 68???

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:42 pm

I remember it being said somewhere when this Arc just started 2 over years ago that the next Arc after this one (the Moro Arc), was going to be full of fanservice...!

What could be a bigger fan service than reaching the End Of Z age, having Goten and Trunks grow up, have Goku FINALLY fight Uub, finally fight Lord Beerus, finally beating him, and then starting the next Arc with either Evil Angels/Demons and/or Shadow Dragons!

What do you think? Is it likely? Possible? Unlikely?

Suppose Uub is 7 years old now.

And we know that when he fights Goku in the 28th World Martial Arts tournament, he is 10 years old.

So a 3 year time skip?

Allowing Vegeta to train and catch up to Goku by achieving UI himself?

Allowing both of them to become strong enough to rechallenge and defeat Lord Beerus???!

What do you think is the likelihood of a timeskip in chapter 68??!

experted_luke

Re: Are we going to see a timeskip in Chapter 68???

Post by experted_luke » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:58 pm

I'm honestly just as curious as you are.

My personal opinion is that there may be a timeskip, and here's my reasoning:

I don't see there being any real threats to Goku and crew currently, except the angels, of course. Just think about it. Merus is erased, and I'm assuming that the Grand Priest is furious by this course of events, so how will he take action? Perhaps he won't take any action at all, and the Z Fighters march up to the Grand Zeno himself to try and change the Angel code, in an attempt to revive Merus. Either way, I have a feeling that the way the Z Fighters are now just won't cut it. The Angels are definitely leagues above Goku, even with his MUI. So training will definitely be required, if combating the Angels will ever be a possibility. I just don't see anything else happening.

If anyone else has any theories, I'd love to hear them down below. :thumbup:
v

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:04 am

Demon Realm = Demons = Evil Angels.

Super Shadow Dragon Arc..

I don’t see anything else, lol.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:19 am

Vegeta already said he didn't want UI, it's not his path.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:41 am

If it lets Trunks and Goten finally fight again, then I hope so. They're obviously not going to have them do anything until they're adults.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:16 am

When will this chapter be announced?

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:05 am

At the end of every arc, there are always some fans asking if the next one will have a timeskip to EoZ or go past it. I still believe this revival ends there so we just have to wait and see :P.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:15 am

Hopefully. I would love to see Adult Goten and Trunks again, they're hot.

Also wonder if Toyo will give Marron a nose like Toriyama did

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:13 am

My theory.
Daishinkan call Beerus not for what Merus did, but 'cause Zeno have a serious sudden issue. Who know, maybe is struggling with a deadly flu. Or is dying. Or evolving into something actually bad, who knows, everything is possible. Zeno is so... alien.
This will incite a new plot where Daishinkan seems to help the party, but in fact was the evil schemer since the start.

So, having such problem to solve, no time skip.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:44 am

Kagari wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:19 am Vegeta already said he didn't want UI, it's not his path.
It is his path. He trained under Whis for a longer time than Goku has, and now has aqcuired even more Spirit Control than Goku! thanks to his Spirit Control training on Planet Yardrat. It’s a proven fact that Vegeta is now complete fodder in comparison to Goku. So he NEEDS Ultra Instinct if he is to stay relevant at all! There is just no other way.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:00 pm

At this point I think it's only a matter of time, as there'd be no reason to constantly tease Uub if they weren't going to jump past EOZ. However, I doubt it'll be this soon, as we probably still have an arc or 2 before that happens.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:15 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:00 pm At this point I think it's only a matter of time, as there'd be no reason to constantly tease Uub if they weren't going to jump past EOZ. However, I doubt it'll be this soon, as we probably still have an arc or 2 before that happens.
We already know Uub is appearing at the end of the series. I think his inclusion this arc was just to explain why Goku would still be interested in fighting him after facing all these stronger opponents since Buu. I wouldn't get hopes up that this necessarily means Toriyama changes his mind about going past EoZ.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:01 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:44 am
Kagari wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:19 am Vegeta already said he didn't want UI, it's not his path.
It is his path. He trained under Whis for a longer time than Goku has, and now has aqcuired even more Spirit Control than Goku! thanks to his Spirit Control training on Planet Yardrat. It’s a proven fact that Vegeta is now complete fodder in comparison to Goku. So he NEEDS Ultra Instinct if he is to stay relevant at all! There is just no other way.
He doesn't need it to be relevant, the Moro arc showed just that.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:06 pm

Kagari wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:01 pm
Actually, it showed the exact opposite. But fine..

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:54 pm

I hope they retire Goku and Vegeta to the bahamas and focus on the "next generation" with Trunks, Goten, Uub and Pan being the new heroes with Gohan being their mentor.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:27 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:06 pm
How did it show the opposite when Vegeta was there as a support character as he should be?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:17 pm

Kagari wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:27 pm

How did it show the opposite when Vegeta was there as a support character as he should be?
That’s exactly my point. ONLY! A support character..

He was no match at all for Moro 73.. Hell he couldn’t even put a dent in PRIME Moro when he was still at full power.. Meanwhile MUI Goku completely humiliated a fully powered, fully serious, fully healed Moro 73.. And even stalemates Moro Merus.!

So it’s safe to say that with just SSJ Blue Evolution.. Vegeta will never be able to catch up to Goku again.

Which is why he needs UI in the future.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:49 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:04 am Demon Realm = Demons = Evil Angels.
If Daishinkan and Angels are really the next main opponents, I could imagine Goku and others training for some time in Demon Realm which probably isn't under Zeno's jurisdiction.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:50 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:17 pm
Kagari wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:27 pm
That’s exactly my point. ONLY! A support character..

He was no match at all for Moro 73.. Hell he couldn’t even put a dent in PRIME Moro when he was still at full power.. Meanwhile MUI Goku completely humiliated a fully powered, fully serious, fully healed Moro 73.. And even stalemates Moro Merus.!

So it’s safe to say that with just SSJ Blue Evolution.. Vegeta will never be able to catch up to Goku again.

Which is why he needs UI in the future.
Okay? That's been his role post Saiyan arc regardless. In the original series he was left behind by Goku and Gohan on Namek, Cell and in the Boo arc. In Super this has been the case since the U6 arc. That doesn't mean he can't have a role that relies on something else.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:18 am

Seems like the continuation is a direct continuation. Something about a survivor called Granola?